MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stormville, NY. Type in "MTAPD K9 Stormville" and you should get videos that show parts of some buses.

The same for 107 at the K-9.

I'm wondering if that or 104 is the unit that has its front number painted over in blue paint.

Edited by RTS9000

8756 may it rest in peace. 

How many garages did it work out during its career? I think that it may hold the record.

I remember riding it out of Ulmer Park and Flatbush and it started in the Bronx and its final garage was LaGuardia.

The last depot it worked for was JFK. 8756 has tenures at Manhattanville and Jamaica as well.

A 90 TMC RTS probably holds the record for running at the most depots, in the early 2000s up until the NG order, seems like every depot in BK and MTA Bus had some 90 TMCs... QV had some as well. I'd imagine some probably ran in the other three boroughs prior in the 90s as well. AFAIK there's no roster online from the 90s and only random years from the early 2000s is online, so there's no way to truly know...

Edited by trainfan22

Who ever said that 5699 is back in service, I am currently viewing the bus in the scrap yard. Bus is retired and doesn't look like it will return to service.

That was me, and I assumed that because it was not off the 7/11 transit roster. Apologies for any confusion.

8756 may it rest in peace. 

How many garages did it work out during its career? I think that it may hold the record.

I remember riding it out of Ulmer Park and Flatbush and it started in the Bronx and its final garage was LaGuardia.

I rode 8756 on the M-30 out of 126 St. a few years ago before it went to MTA Bus.

A 90 TMC RTS probably holds the record for running at the most depots, in the early 2000s up until the NG order, seems like every depot in BK and MTA Bus had some 90 TMCs... QV had some as well. I'd imagine some probably ran in the other three boroughs prior in the 90s as well. AFAIK there's no roster online from the 90s and only random years from the early 2000s is online, so there's no way to truly know...

I have hard copies of fleet rosters from 1999-2010, and a gap from 2011 through now as I stopped archiving them about 5-6 years ago.