MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

I have been trying to think if  I can remember (we are talking about at least 50 years or more) if there were any of the old looks or new looks that that worked in more than 2 or 3 depots although some of the remanufactured 5000's that were formerly 8800 new looks  may have been in as many as four garages.or more The Mack 6000's for the most part were in two garages (Ulmer Park and Castleton) although 6186 and 6286 did time at Ulmer Park. The old look 9000's, 9119 & 9120 did time at Flatbush along with Fifth Avenue and Castleton and possibly Crosstown. The Surface Transit 3211 - 3220 air conditioned new looks (not when they were on Staten Island) worked the Bronx before being sent to Castleton, Ulmer Park and finally Amsterdam. I have to find Bernie Linder's Staten Island Bus History as the 8800 new looks had a lot of buses that started off as local buses then became express buses, fell off the pier into the water at Edgewater and then were remanufactured and moved again. The one that I remember quite vividly was 8879 (5102) as it started at Castleton in the fall of 1968, then  became an express bus (I do not remember where it was stationed at that time), storage at Edgewater and fell into the water then became 5102 at Queens Village and ended its career at Ulmer Park.  

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are pictures of 2016 Prevost X3-45, TA Bus number 2755 being towed on Richmond Avenue S/B on July 01, 2016 at around 9:40 am. The tow truck was later making a turn on Platinum Avenue in the direction of the Yukon Bus Depot.

nyctf_nyct_2755_01.jpg?psid=1

nyctf_nyct_2755_02.jpg?psid=1
Edited by 161NewYork