MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

Usually opinions don't go in this thread.

It's just scrap list reports, questions about the list, and answers in return. I'm not a moderator, but I'm pretty sure I have that on point.

And no, I'm not here to agree or disagree with your opinion, I could care less.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So are they going to scrap now or still in service

So goodbye 1999s? It isn't really a surprise but no new artics were introduced besides 5439+5987.

not putting them as offical yet, they haven't been in service a few weeks ago ever since the new pick started and the D60HFs moved to other depots. That's also for West Farms getting some of their 07 CNGs back. 

Edited by CH3348

Yes but for now, some of them are still active. (Not official yet)

As a rule of thumb, don't post buses still in service that are likely to soon be retired! Any number of strange things can happen before a bus is actually scrapped. 9357's incredibly prolonged life is testament to that...

The wheelchair lifts are bringing their eatly demise.

So THAT's it!

I couldn't figure out why these were being rushed out; not even sent to MTAB (while the 96's held onto). People's answers before were very vague, or simply pointed out that the 96's had overhaul work or something.

Why couldn't they overhaul the 97's and 98RTS like they did with the 96 RTS. The ones that Grand sent over to Flatbush I don't even see those out on the street. Those buses should of went to the chop shop from Grand Avenue.

First of all they're not 1997s, they're 98s infact 95% of the fleet was delivered in 1998, actually more arrived in 1999 and It's mainly because of "laziness" for the lack of better words to why they can't overhaul them

Uhhhh, quick question why do rts'es sometimes go to CP, they have done this before too but they never see service on any CP routes, I guess it's to have work done, but they only have C40LF's so how does maintenance know how to maintain them?

Sent from my iPad using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Repairs or sometimes a fresh coat of paint. A lot of Jamaica's RTS units were repainted at College Point over a year ago.

I want to add a general statement:

Any bus that happens to be in EC does NOT automatically mean that the unit in question is or will be retired as was said before. There are too many assumptions about being scrapped when they aren't or vice-versa.

Edited by S78 via Hylan