MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

Roaches for sure, "bedbugs" specifically idk definitely gross. Oddly enough, as more people got on the less there were. Guess the saying: "they're more afraid of you then you are of them" is true to an extent. Moths, caterpillars and trash for one thing. West Farms gotta get their shit together but to a greater extent: BRONX PPL HAVE TO STOP LITTERING IN GENERAL!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

I think many of the folks who take WF routes feel the same way about them as you do. I remember riding an XN40 on the Bx6 a few weeks back and hearing "Nah I like this bus. It's better than them raggedy-ass ones they always using."

WF needs to get it together in terms of basically everything IMO. Idk if it's just me, but it seems like every WF route I take has a driver taking a longer layover than usual. This mainly happens on the Bx15 and Bx19.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think many of the folks who take WF routes feel the same way about them as you do. I remember riding an XN40 on the Bx6 a few weeks back and hearing "Nah I like this bus. It's better than them raggedy-ass ones they always using."

WF needs to get it together in terms of basically everything IMO. Idk if it's just me, but it seems like every WF route I take has a driver taking a longer layover than usual. This mainly happens on the Bx15 and Bx19.

I would say GA routes are notorious for that, especially those from WBP. I would say reliability of most GA is low (again, with the exception of the B32).

Anyways, I've taken my fair share of Orion VII CNG's on the Bronx and Brooklyn routes, with the exception of the B70. I'm going to have to get some footage of the Orion VII CNGs on that route before they all get scrapped. It's already hard since JG doesn't have many Orions compared to WF (as a % of the depot fleet). 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven Bl

7691 is a 2004 unit

all 1997-1998 Nova Bus RTS's (9350-9699) are for scrap except for 9503, 9511, 9546, 9580, 9590 & 9674.

6017 for scrap

6326 is saved as a maintenance bus

It was built in 2004 but it's a 2003 model. Here's the link to that...http://ttmg.org/transitwiki/Insider%27s_Guide:_(New_York)_MTA_Bus_Operations_-_Roster_by_Fleet

Thanks for the other information though.

Edited by The TransitMan

Looking at the 96' RTS: 9079, 9207 seem to be missing and according to the depot roster 9307 is alive at LGA, so idk who's right.

9079 is retired.

9207 is now an NYPD RTS.

9307 is still in active service at LGA.

I knew this was coming with 6148

I saw 6000 in ECH

6000 is on a hold for the museum fleet. 

Edited by Novabus 5000

What do you mean by accidents? Like a crash? They both got into accidents?

5639 has missing windows, no exhaust pipe and no back sign, so that unit may be most likely done. However, for 5671, wait a bit because that bus looks a bit decent and could return to service.

Actually both could return to service since I haven't heard of a more recent accident, so they are not official scrap yet.

Edited by ShadeJay