MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Novabus 5000 said:

While the bus is in the scrap yard, it may not be scrap. System roster does not have it on the scrap list, so it should not be deemed as such. 

There is a good chance they will repair 8126. 1258 had similar damage and it got rebuilt. Lets not rush to judge it so quickly. 

From the MTA list you can deem it scrapped. 

8831 to scrap. 5035 to storage. 

Prove to me it's scrapped, I have irrefutable proof it is certainly not. Remember I'm The Hat, Roster or not it is NOT scrapped, it furthest from a scrap yard that it ever will be...

15 minutes ago, TheHat said:

Prove to me it's scrapped, I have irrefutable proof it is certainly not. Remember I'm The Hat, Roster or not it is NOT scrapped, it furthest from a scrap yard that it ever will be...

9207 is retired from service. It may not be scrap, but it is no longer in service with the MTA.

Also regarding 1226, it was there for over a month I believe. It is not retired, just likely getting repaired, just like 3563 earlier this year I believe.

Edited by MysteriousBtrain
Adding additional info

2 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

9207 is retired from service. It may not be scrap, but it is no longer in service with the MTA.

That makes more sense, it was sold off the roster & not for scrap. Now what is its current disposition, that is the question?

Edited by TheHat

2 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

Am I missing something about 9207? It was just posted. Here's that link again: https://www.propertyroom.com/l/1996-nova-rts-brooklyn-ny-11214/11926092#. Retired from MTA to NYPD use, NYPD use to police auction. Only 200k miles!

281,114 to be exact & I can confirm without a shadow of a doubt, the auction ended. Propertyroom.com can't relist something they no longer have...

Edited by TheHat

8 hours ago, TheHat said:

That makes more sense, it was sold off the roster & not for scrap. Now what is its current disposition, that is the question?

Oh it's in a good place now 

And yes, thats what it  meant is that is retired from service. Should have worded it better. In the purpose of this roster, it is on the scrapped side of things not meaning its scrapped but it is not stored either. 

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:30 PM, Interested Rider said:

Staten Island Advance (SILive.com) has the complete story in last Saturday's edition.

My deepest sympathies to the family on the death of the driver.

Arthur Kill Road is an extremely dangerous street to drive as it has one lane in each direction, hairpin turns, no passing lanes and to be quite honest  is quite scary from Woodrow Road to Tottenville. There are quite a few accidents on that street  and just wait for the winter as the street becomes a sheet of ice. Where the garage is the roadway is quite narrow with no place to pass.

If people would drive safely and not over the speed limit-----driving defensively instead of offensively, AK Rd. would be much safer.

On 10/12/2017 at 10:30 PM, Interested Rider said:

Staten Island Advance (SILive.com) has the complete story in last Saturday's edition.

My deepest sympathies to the family on the death of the driver.

Arthur Kill Road is an extremely dangerous street to drive as it has one lane in each direction, hairpin turns, no passing lanes and to be quite honest  is quite scary from Woodrow Road to Tottenville. There are quite a few accidents on that street  and just wait for the winter as the street becomes a sheet of ice. Where the garage is the roadway is quite narrow with no place to pass.

Where was that story? The driver was critically injured in that crash. the bus driver, baby, 2 passengers and an old head suffered minors.