MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, aemoreira81 said:

I would be shocked if any CNG buses get saved, because they need to be re-tanked.

True. But I would have expected this RTS to stay because of its rich history. For those that don't know, it was delivered brand new to NYCTA (Gleason), then sold to Command because Gleason wasn't gonna be CNG ready for a while. Then it was absorbed by MTA Bus. Even if the bus is somewhere immobilized for good, it should still be saved.

It would be really nice if they repainted it in the original TA delivery scheme instead of scrapping it.

B1DDABCB-4F05-44B9-9BD2-791156535252.jpeg

Edited by East New York

On 2/12/2018 at 4:27 AM, East New York said:

True. But I would have expected this RTS to stay because of its rich history. For those that don't know, it was delivered brand new to NYCTA (Gleason), then sold to Command because Gleason wasn't gonna be CNG ready for a while. Then it was absorbed by MTA Bus. Even if the bus is somewhere immobilized for good, it should still be saved.

It would be really nice if they repainted it in the original TA delivery scheme instead of scrapping it.

B1DDABCB-4F05-44B9-9BD2-791156535252.jpeg

Why would they repaint it into TA livery? 4904 is not the one they got from transit. That was 4978.

I am outraged that 4904 is being scrapped because this now leaves Command Bus Company without representation in the museum bus fleet. I am sure that the late/great Alan Bromberger is turning over in his grave. It's a shame that one of their original 96 inch RTS's like 351 or one of their Ex-CDTA Flxibles or GM Decks could not have been saved. I do intend to contact one of the Department of Buses Vice Presidents about this issue. It is a travisty of justice. 

In the face of accusations of wasteful spending on bells and whistles from many parties, both great and small, the MTA, in its infinite wisedom, decided to get to work.

"Imagine all the money we can spend on the Second Avenue line if we got rid of this heap of junk!"

And thus the scrapping of a bus that has been without use for a decade saved the MTA from financial ruin.

2 minutes ago, Autocar said:

Your response to my post, is totally ludicrous. If you really believe that scrapping 1 bus "saved the MTA from financial ruin" then you are kidding yourself.

It's not any more ridiculous than your response.  I guess we're going to hell because this bus was scrapped. <_<

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

8 hours ago, Novabus 5000 said:

Why would they repaint it into TA livery? 4904 is not the one they got from transit. That was 4978.

You are right! I didn't even pay that any mind in the production list. Thanks. And that's when I remembered 4904 had vertical tail lamps. I need some sleep! Too many buses and too many late night updates lol.

On 2/23/2018 at 12:27 AM, Dannny said:

7668 and 7670 from SC, to scrap. 

Where did you get this information? 7668 is on the repair line and 7670 was fueled this morning and put on the run line.

On 2/24/2018 at 8:03 PM, Calvin said:

7661 to scrap

Pending. It's still at JG.

Edited by East New York

2 hours ago, East New York said:

Where did you get this information? 7668 is on the repair line and 7670 was fueled this morning and put on the run line.

my friend told me, he lives in Brooklyn. I'm just going by what he said. 

Edited by East New York