MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Calvin said:

Disregard 4983: 5207 is the unit 

4983 as well. Me and my homie pulled it out of scrap for one last run tonight. She’s one of the best RTS’ still in the city. This is a sad day. I remember when she was brand new out of East New York 🥺

Heres to run 431 😢😭😭

Today I’ve officially decided to retire from transit consulting after the Fast Forward plan is complete, and the merger comes around. It finally set in today that things will never be the same. By 2040 everything will be electric. I will remain a Tech, so now I guess I need to be trained on electric propulsion systems. 🤷🏾‍♂️

55533561-B15A-43C0-9484-97FC4D5FAFC5.jpeg

2FCC9320-F7DF-4D24-B128-E40D2D5785B0.jpeg

578A1C63-7AC7-4744-B672-754E701F1876.jpeg

Wow, I saw 9505 on the B38 on the tracker and could have rode it (me and that bus was in Downtown BK at the same time) but decided to ride a RTS on the B41 instead, don't regret it though as I enjoyed my RTS ride lol.

Hopefully 9506 exists and they can use that as the pilot bus for the BAE hybrid system instead.

9 hours ago, aemoreira81 said:

A 7200-series bus ran into it while pulling out of a stop.

As for the OP, 4932 and 5000 are demoted to swing buses and are no longer eligible for revenue service.

So we have our DART of the week in which a XD & a XDE Bus was involved. How bad is it?