MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Calvin said:

it's at scrap, just a typo

Ohh ok also I know this isn't the right place to talk about these types of things but why is Manhattanville retiring their OGs when the Nova LFS order hasn't arrived yet for the other depots to displace their NGs

4902, 5034, 5154 scrapped from JA. 29 RTS are left there

6486 scrapped from QV. 57 Gen I Orions are left there (It's possible I missed a scrapped bus, but I'm not about to triple check)

110, 5618 scrapped from OH. 3 2002 D60s left, 4 D60s (Of 2002-2003 model year) left at OH

138 scrapped from WF. 10 D60s left at WF, all of which are not renumbered

3 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

6486 scrapped from QV. 57 Gen I Orions are left there (It's possible I missed a scrapped bus, but I'm not about to triple check)

110, 5618 scrapped from OH. 3 2002 D60s left, 4 D60s (Of 2002-2003 model year) left at OH

4, iirc: 111, 5608, 5642, 5714 left (could be wrong)

1 minute ago, Calvin said:

4, iirc: 111, 5608, 5642, 5714 left (could be wrong)

Yeah what you posted is correct. Sorry, I didn't phrase/punctuate properly. I meant 3 D60s total active at any depot (101 KB, 111 OH, 117 KB) and 4 D60s left at OH (the buses you mentioned)

17 hours ago, Orion6025 said:

Damn I saw 138 in service on the Bx19 just a day ago. That was so fast. 

I presume 6486 got scrapped due to 8511's recent arrival...

20 hours ago, Orion6025 said:

Yeah what you posted is correct. Sorry, I didn't phrase/punctuate properly. I meant 3 D60s total active at any depot (101 KB, 111 OH, 117 KB) and 4 D60s left at OH (the buses you mentioned)

11 hours ago, UTC Bus Roster said:

118 is also still active at KB.

52 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

That's irrelevant

My comment was not irrelevant. Your post omitted 118, which is still in service. I was just pointing that out. I've been keeping track of NYC buses before you were even born.

2 hours ago, UTC Bus Roster said:

My comment was not irrelevant. Your post omitted 118, which is still in service.

I said it was irrelevant because unless you can provide proof saying otherwise, 118 used to be 5572, which is a 2003 model based on the fact that the license plates for 5572 and 118 are the same

2 hours ago, UTC Bus Roster said:

I've been keeping track of NYC buses before you were even born.

I don't see what difference that makes if you're walking around with wrong information. You can be tracking buses for years and still be wrong. It's fair to say older age often equates to higher intelligence in most cases. But based on some of our past conversations i don't think that holds in your case.

7 hours ago, Orion6025 said:

I said it was irrelevant because unless you can provide proof saying otherwise, 118 used to be 5572, which is a 2003 model based on the fact that the license plates for 5572 and 118 are the same

I don't see what difference that makes if you're walking around with wrong information. You can be tracking buses for years and still be wrong. It's fair to say older age often equates to higher intelligence in most cases. But based on some of our past conversations i don't think that holds in your case.

My information is NOT wrong! 5572 (aka 118) is NOT listed as scrap, which means it's still in service. I will NOT let you insult me or my intelligence, PERIOD! All I had stated is that you had omitted 118 when you listed which renumbered NF high-floor artics were still in service. I didn't ask for your insults. I checked the "scrap list" before making my comment. You need to do the same. In the future, kindly have respect for others comments.

5 hours ago, UTC Bus Roster said:

is NOT listed as scrap, which means it's still in servic

Which is correct! Howver like I already said, 118 is 5572, a 2003 D60. That list that was for 2002 D60s, which is why I was confused why you were even mentioning 118 (and hence why 118 was "irrelevant").

In the future, kindly have respect for others comments.

Respect is a two way street, and after your reply earlier, I saw none. So, I responded with none! I didn't mean for "That's irrelevant" to be some insult or whatever, it was solely an offhand comment; and if that offended you for being curt or something, I'm sorry if I gave you that impression, it wasn't my intent and it could have been phrased better. I certainly make my fair share of typos or wronglt phrased statemenrs on this website (usually due to rushing or tiredness).

I will NOT let you insult me or my intelligence, PERIOD!

Once again, this is a two way street. You want to insult me? i'll reciprocate if I see fit!

2 hours ago, Orion6025 said:

Once again, this is a two way street. You want to insult me? i'll reciprocate if I see fit!

Understandable. However your response of “irrelevant” came off just as such. 

I feel like it would have been more appropriate to say what series of buses you were referring to by your post, because when I read it myself, it appeared as you were saying those were the ONLY buses still active.

I don’t read everything at all times because I’m the community manager and it just gets to be too much. Leading up to your post, I would have though the same just as another person did who brought it to my attention that was not involved.

Then you said, “Unless you have proof...etc” which came off as a real snide comment. He’s been doing this since before even I had access to this information. I’m almost positive I also was doing this before you were born as well. However that is irrelevant. 

So your argument doesn’t really match up... You accused him of having wrong information, which he DOES NOT, then proceeded to clean it up by saying that you were talking about a different series of bus.....

🤔