MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

14 minutes ago, East New York said:

So your argument doesn’t really match up... You accused him of having wrong information, which he DOES NOT, then proceeded to clean it up by saying that you were talking about a different series of bus.....

🤔

I was always talking about the 2002 d60 series... The only reason i said he was initially wrong was because i had no idea whar he thought 118's original number was. For all I know he was hinting that 118 belonged alongside 101, 111, and 117.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

I was always talking about the 2002 d60 series... The only reason i said he was initially wrong was because i had no idea whar he thought 118's original number was. For all I know he was hinting that 118 belonged alongside 101, 111, and 117.

So instead of saying his comment is irrelevant, clear it up because as I said they way it came off was very snide. 

He wasn’t the only one that didn’t have a clear understanding. 

For all we knew it seemed as if you were implying that it was scrap. 

1 hour ago, East New York said:

So instead of saying his comment is irrelevant, clear it up because as I said they way it came off was very snide. 

He wasn’t the only one that didn’t have a clear understanding. 

For all we knew it seemed as if you were implying that it was scrap. 

Thank you for clearing that up, as that was exactly what I thought he was saying.

We're all buffs on this page as well as the other pages in this forum. everyone needs to think before they post things. I never post anything to offend anyone. I do have the list of all of the renumbered buses on the bus roster that I publish, so I did know the original number of that bus, and yes, I did think that he omitted that bus number because he may have thought it was scrapped, which is why I pointed out that it was still in service.

Let's all get along. When I started my bus roster (around 1983), We didn't have forums like this. I had to go by sight and go from depot to depot to get my info. I even have a friend who has kept every single roster that I have published.

No problem at all @UTC Bus Roster

I was actually born in 1983 lol. I’ve been following your roster since I had the internet sometime in the mid 90’s if I recall correctly. 

You had meeting and slideshows I remember, and it was the most accurate roster available. There were no forums, no roster databases within the MTA to look up. It was by sight and if you were like me and lived in bus depots Dispatch would let you know what they had. 

This generation doesn’t realize how blessed they 

2 hours ago, East New York said:

No problem at all @UTC Bus Roster

I was actually born in 1983 lol. I’ve been following your roster since I had the internet sometime in the mid 90’s if I recall correctly. 

You had meeting and slideshows I remember, and it was the most accurate roster available. There were no forums, no roster databases within the MTA to look up. It was by sight and if you were like me and lived in bus depots Dispatch would let you know what they had. 

This generation doesn’t realize how blessed they 

I was born in 1958. We didn't have cell phones or digital cameras either! If we wanted to take photos, we'd have to buy slide film (Kodachrome 64 for me), and I'd print up my roster and I'd go to different boros and the depots and make corrections to my roster and update it when I got back home. 

The thing I miss the most is riding and watching the 3 Ave. El. I rode it with the WF Lo-Vs until they were retired in 1969 and replaced them with the GE R-12/14 (5753-5806). They should never have torn that structure down! I remember the buses that replaced the El were brand-new 1973 GM fishbowls (4800-4919) in two-tone blue. They were placed into service at 12:01 AM on Sunday, April 29, 1973.

1 hour ago, UTC Bus Roster said:

I was born in 1958. We didn't have cell phones or digital cameras either! If we wanted to take photos, we'd have to buy slide film (Kodachrome 64 for me), and I'd print up my roster and I'd go to different boros and the depots and make corrections to my roster and update it when I got back home. 

The thing I miss the most is riding and watching the 3 Ave. El. I rode it with the WF Lo-Vs until they were retired in 1969 and replaced them with the GE R-12/14 (5753-5806). They should never have torn that structure down! I remember the buses that replaced the El were brand-new 1973 GM fishbowls (4800-4919) in two-tone blue. They were placed into service at 12:01 AM on Sunday, April 29, 1973.

Do you have pictures of the 9th Ave/Ditmas Ave shuttle in Brooklyn?

8 hours ago, ABOGbrooklyn said:

Do you have pictures of the 9th Ave/Ditmas Ave shuttle in Brooklyn?

Unfortunately, I never had the opportunity to ride the Culver Shuttle, but a few years ago, I purchased about 60 original slides of B types in service on that single-tracked shuttle from the man who took those slides.

I just posted one of my Culver Shuttle photos to the Urban Transit Club Facebook page.

Edited by UTC Bus Roster

To follow up, the GH D60s were 5709, 5713, 5723, 5733, 5742-5743. Furthermore, all 3 of WF's remaining D60s are scrapped (5631, 5677, 5738), and OH scrapped 5608, leaving 5642 as their last d60 (I may have left out a few buses here, especially for OH, since i don't report every change i see).

39 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

To follow up, the GH D60s were 5709, 5713, 5723, 5733, 5742-5743. Furthermore, all 3 of WF's remaining D60s are scrapped (5631, 5677, 5738), and OH scrapped 5608, leaving 5642 as their last d60 (I may have left out a few buses here, especially for OH, since i don't report every change i see).

You are correct about GH, but WF still has more D60s than the ones listed above. 

From this, it still has 5676, 5683, 5712, and 5764 so there should still be four remaining there unless those bit the dust. 

As for OH, there's still 5714 in addition to 5642. There's also 111 unless that got scrapped too. 

Edited by Coney Island Av

8 minutes ago, Coney Island Av said:

From this, it still has 5676, 5683, 5712, and 5764 so there should still be four remaining there unless those bit the dust. 

As for OH, there's still 5714 in addition to 5642. There's also 111 unless that got scrapped too. 

Edited 7 minutes ago by Coney Island Av

Yeah, 5714 and 111 were scrapped overthe past 2 days IIRC. I'm not exactly sure when the other 4 aforementioned WF units were retired but when i checked last night there were three left down from seven from early in the week.

West Farms total and Gun Hill for high floor buses is now on (0). 100 St has 1-2 left but that'll disappear soon. 

WF past units: 5631, 5676-5677, 5683, 5712, 5738, 5764

5642: leftover high floor at 100 St

-------

Also, 5220 scrap

Edited by Calvin

ENY is barely holding onto the RTS.

4924, 4936-4937, 5023 all scrapped out of ENY. 

4986 removed from active revenue service, but now a swing bus out of ENY. 

4932, 4934, 5009 (all swing buses) retired out of ENY. 

Overall, ENY only has seven RTS left, eight of which if you count 4986.