MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

3591 is pretty old so I'm not sure,

Here's the article if anyone is interested

https://nypost.com/2019/04/07/five-injured-after-bus-crashes-into-queens-bagel-shop/

Can't they just use parts from the recently retired Gen CNGs to repair it. It's only about 12 years old.

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

Question, did 7430 get sent back to New Flyer to be repaired or did it get scrapped and replaced with another bus?

it's currently at ECH. And not at this time. 

*That did happen with the old 7120 which is now 7483

Edited by Calvin

3 hours ago, RTS9302 said:

Last Night Orion VII #3591 crashed into a bagel store is it scrapped or will it be repaired???

2 hours ago, Orion6025 said:

Didn't 3591 catch fire a few years ago? I remember it was out of service for a while and only in 2016 or 17 did they return it to service (maybe i mixed it up with another bus).

Can't catch a break i guess

Yes, that is the same bus that caught fire. That bus could be cursed. Hope all parties are ok.

2 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

We already know the other 3 have RTS. He was mentioning the last depot that will have RTS in the entire city. So far Flatbush will indeed have that. 

I made a list from the highest amnt of RTS' to lowest amnt. IK what he's taliking about

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

So are the D60HF's now offically on scrapped status or are they like, retired but MTA is unsure wether or not to scrap them because of the (L)?

They are on a chance of zero to finding one in-service.

On 4/8/2019 at 11:14 AM, Lawrence St said:

So are the D60HF's now offically on scrapped status or are they like, retired but MTA is unsure wether or not to scrap them because of the (L)?

I was surprised to hear that. Another thing is that they never preserved one D60 in the museum fleet, due to it being popular for it's large capacity and being used in The Bronx and Manhattan.

21 minutes ago, RSMG106 said:

I was surprised to hear that. Another thing is that they never preserved one D60 in the museum fleet, due to it being popular for it's large capacity and being used in The Bronx and Manhattan.

There was a D60 in the museum fleet for a few years, it eventually got scrapped. They saved 8971 for the museum which is very similar to the mid 90s PBL TMCs and 5249 but they don't save an D60. I remember reading on here the museum wasn't interested in saving one.

19 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

There was a D60 in the museum fleet for a few years, it eventually got scrapped. They saved 8971 for the museum which is very similar to the mid 90s PBL TMCs and 5249 but they don't save an D60. I remember reading on here the museum wasn't interested in saving one.

Do any survive under private ownership?

I was on a transit museum tour of Hale Depot a few days ago, and our tour guide (who works for the bus side of MTA) said that the transit museum hasn't preserved a D60HF (or articulated bus) yet. He didn't say they won't preserve one at all. Also said that at least one type of each retired type of bus would be saved (like 5249, 93001, 2185, etc.) 

There's also no issue with not preserving a D60HF since they run on diesel fuel. Plus, the D60HF are an important part of history since they were the first successful artics. The Orion VII CNG is kinda understandable given they run on diesel fuel, but with the D60HFs, there's absolutely no problem with preserving one.

22 minutes ago, R68OnBroadway said:

Do any survive under private ownership?

NYC D60s? I don't think so.. I love the D60s however..... they must be beat to hell and they have roaches in the rear around the engine area, would seem like a headache to keep one as a private owner. I'm just guessing though, if anyone could elaborate on the topic it would be greatly appreciated.. 

4 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

NYC D60s? I don't think so.. I love the D60s however..... they must be beat to hell and they have roaches in the rear around the engine area, would seem like a headache to keep one as a private owner. I'm just guessing though, if anyone could elaborate on the topic it would be greatly appreciated.. 

I'm not even close to being an expert on private bus ownership but as for privately owning artics,, it's been done.. BL 555 is privately preserved, a phoenix nabitic doing movie work in soCal, and there is at least one Muni an460 out west in private hands.

---

anyway [to the general forum audience] as for preserved d60s, I think the only preserved one, as of now, resides in the Muni collection? (It's either an e60 AND a d60 or I'm mistaken and it's just an e60...).

Edited by Orion6025