MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

7 hours ago, Elmhurst said:

Are there roaches in the rear of the old buses? Got me concerned now even though the D60HFs are retired. What about the older Orion VIIs?

The CNG ones out of WF did. They like the warmth of the engine area plus ppl leaving garbage on the bus makes the perfect environment for them.

There's nothing to be concerned about if you're a rider. It's just nasty when one comes out in the open from time to time.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Orion6025 said:

9 RTS are left

Once you in single digits, That's it. Like West Farms Orion 7s (Its chump change). Jamaica depot was the first Queens depot to get RTS right? It would be dope that Jamaica was the 1st and last depot with Queen's RTS. 

14 minutes ago, JFK Depot said:

4901,5157,5164 OOS fairboxes and radios removed 

Jamaica is down to 5 RTS left 

Bus was mentioned earlier on Wednesday as being scrapped.  Peep the earlier post. However, by the weekend or early next week no RTS in Jamaica. 

12 hours ago, Orion6025 said:

4977,5133,5136,5164 scrapped from jamaica. 9 RTS are left

Jamaica is on a roll with the scrapping. 

4901,4908,4916,5031.5135 done.

with this, JAM only has 5070 5160 5165 5191, and NYC's oldest bus becomes flatbush's 4947

--

furthermore 5007 5071 5080 5084 UP --> scrap, 22 rts left at ulmer. Before anyone questions why ulmer scrapepd RTS when they have a shortage, it appears they got 4 XD40s

Edited by Orion6025
Ulmee

54 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

4901,4908,4916,5031.5135 done.

with this, JAM only has 5070 5160 5165 5191, and NYC's oldest bus becomes flatbush's 4947

--

furthermore 5007 5071 5080 5084 UP --> scrap, 22 rts left at ulmer. Before anyone questions why ulmer scrapepd RTS when they have a shortage, it appears they got 4 XD40s

.... it also appears that before the end of the day Ulmer Park will have 7356-7363 all in house.  Only 7357, 7362, 7363 are left at ENY. 7357 and 7362 were working ENY lines this morning. 

3 minutes ago, BDNQ2345 said:

That's means we're down with MJQ and FB, and i think Flatbush might be the last Depot in the city to finish off the last RTS

Flatbush without a doubt is gonna be the last depot with RTS. But MJQ and UP practically have the same amount of RTS. So I want to know which depot is going to scrap their RTS next. 

8 hours ago, Q23 via 108 said:

Flatbush without a doubt is gonna be the last depot with RTS. But MJQ and UP practically have the same amount of RTS. So I want to know which depot is going to scrap their RTS next. 

I doubt it, MJQ is looking to be the last depot, as more artics and lfs comes in. More buses are being pushed to to Brooklyn to displace their rts. Remember fb is getting artics for some of the B46 as well. 

9 hours ago, R32 3838 said:

I doubt it, MJQ is looking to be the last depot, as more artics and lfs comes in. More buses are being pushed to to Brooklyn to displace their rts. Remember fb is getting artics for some of the B46 as well. 

You got a point there. I was reasoning that since Flatbush has a solid 40 RTS, Ulmer Park and MJQ were eventually fall off. Ulmer Park and MJQ have around 20 RTS, while Flatbush has 20 more than both of them.

Rather slow day in retirements for jamaica and Ulmer after the dramatic previous few days. Only 5006 carted off to scrap (so far) from Ulmer. Jamaica's 4 all ran today and it remains to be seen if they make it thru the weekend (all are OOS it seems so i wouldn't count on it, but what do i know about jamaica depot operations).

In the meantime, FB has gotten started; 4952-4953, 4959, 5036, 5144 retired today.

1 hour ago, Orion6025 said:

Jeez guess i posted too soon... 4992 4994 5005 5081 5119 removed from ulmer in addition since i last checked

So this means Ulmer will be next to get rid of RTS. Idk why MJQ likes the RTS so much, would have expected Manhattan to get rid of the RTS before all of the other boroughs..

Edited by ABOGbrooklyn