MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

22 minutes ago, ABOGbrooklyn said:

So this means Ulmer will be next to get rid of RTS. Idk why MJQ likes the RTS so much, would have expected Manhattan to get rid of the RTS before all of the other boroughs..

MJQ right now based on observation is keeping their best RTS. The same could be made with Flatbush. Kingsbridge NG’s are coming in very slow. As KB gets LFSA’s, NG’s are moving out to Flatbush and MJQ.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

MJQ right now based on observation is keeping their best RTS. The same could be made with Flatbush. Kingsbridge NG’s are coming in very slow. As KB gets LFSA’s, NG’s are moving out to Flatbush and MJQ.

Does KB plan on being all LFS depot?

48 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

What about Manhattanville and their OGs

3 hours ago, ABOGbrooklyn said:

So this means Ulmer will be next to get rid of RTS. Idk why MJQ likes the RTS so much, would have expected Manhattan to get rid of the RTS before all of the other boroughs..

Yeah it's looking overwhelmingly likely that UP will be last. They've got 15 left so if ENY keeps this up, looks like next friday will be the last day (unless ENY speeds up or UP wants to create a shortage)

56 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

Yeah it's looking overwhelmingly likely that UP will be last. They've got 15 left so if ENY keeps this up, looks like next friday will be the last day (unless ENY speeds up or UP wants to create a shortage)

Possibility that Ulmer Park could have possession of 7115-7139 (15 buses) when it’s said and done on or before next week.  At this point Ulmer Park is not receiving any more new XD40’s besides the ones allotted to them? 

Edited by Future ENY OP

6 hours ago, ABOGbrooklyn said:

Quill hasn't gotten any more buses to replace the remaining RTS there, so far only one hybrid from KB came to Quill.

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

At this point Ulmer Park is not receiving any more new XD40’s besides the ones allotted to them? 

I have no idea what's up with 7802-7850 (IIRC it's assumed 7594-7614 are due for Quill, Who knows where 7690 is going..). I would say ENY knows best but in light of recent events..

12 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Possibility that Ulmer Park could have possession of 7115-7139 (15 buses) when it’s said and done on or before next week.  At this point Ulmer Park is not receiving any more new XD40’s besides the ones allotted to them?

10 hours ago, Orion6025 said:

I have no idea what's up with 7802-7850 (IIRC it's assumed 7594-7614 are due for Quill, Who knows where 7690 is going..). I would say ENY knows best but in light of recent events..

Just a hunch here but it would not surprise me if Ulmer Park does not receive any new XD40s since they currently have 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2018 models. This might be one of those "balancing the fleet age" thing. If they do get new XD40s...great but it just wouldn't surprise me if they kept getting hand-me-downs. Just my two cents.

Edited by The TransitMan

1 hour ago, BDNQ2345 said:

What happened to 7818

7818 is still around except it kinda stopped running a little over two weeks ago. Probably deemed surplus after west farms recieved all those LFSA from Quill and Flatbush

2 hours ago, Calvin said:

7816 WF to scrap

7816's on swing duty at southern and tremont right now i think

9 hours ago, Orion6025 said:

7818 is still around except it kinda stopped running a little over two weeks ago. Probably deemed surplus after west farms recieved all those LFSA from Quill and Flatbush

7816's on swing duty at southern and tremont right now i think

That may change with the incoming 7800s on its way. The remainders are on their way to the finish line. 

8 hours ago, Orion6025 said:

5093 scrapped from ulmer so far today. I'll be watching flatbush to see if they zucc anything (with all those NGs they got from KB, it's looking like something's gonna go soon. I imagine the oldest bus, #4947 will be among them, but we'll see)

Flatbush only has 4 NGs from Kingsbridge. But also remember. As KB gets more LFSA’s than more NG’s will leave thus the RTS will head to the scrap yard. 

The bus gods got 4947, 5054, 5067 from flatbush. 4948 is now the city's oldest bus

55 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Not to go off-topic, 121 is still at KB but not used with the words through the window "Do not use". 

Interesting.... is it parked outside allowing for photos or is it off limits inside the depot?

5 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

Interesting.... is it parked outside allowing for photos or is it off limits inside the depot?

It's inside the depot but visible in the walking street. 

*If you don't mind gates in the picture

Edited by Calvin