MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, aemoreira81 said:

Are the O7 CNGs all done? The remaining RTS buses, once they pull in (only 5171 is still out), may be completely done as well.

It was  announced  by Trevor that 5240 was the last one to do service  yesterday but didnt make it last night.... so all of the rtses are pulled oos including Ulmer

37 minutes ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

It was  announced  by Trevor that 5240 was the last one to do service  yesterday but didnt make it last night.... so all of the rtses are pulled oos including Ulmer

It's tough since AFAIK 5171 was the last one to carry passengers (B41) but 5240 was out till this morning (albeit road called along freedom place).

actually: did 5240 go back into service this morning???

Edited by Orion6025
Edit

5221 en route to scrap from Quill (under its own power). All others on hold.

One RTS (5240) was out of Quill this morning.

Edit: posted same time. I think that bus just stayed out over night after breaking down on the M72, but maybe it ran.

Very unhappy about this whole thing. These buses should not have been sidelined in working service, and shame for a great era to end because of Daily News politics. Buses should be scrapped as necessary, not fleets at a time. 

Edited by MHV9218

23 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

Edit: posted same time. I think that bus just stayed out over night after breaking down on the M72, but maybe it ran.

Very unhappy about this whole thing. These buses should not have been sidelined in working service, and shame for a great era to end because of Daily News politics. Buses should be scrapped as necessary, not fleets at a time. 

Its funny cause Quill ranned the last ones on the M57 and M66 and M72 yesterday  I rode 5241 on M66 and man did it rode off good they stayed out all day too. Then I go to downtown Brooklyn  to see 5174 alive and running on the B41 and then the other units were off tracker... me and my freind caught 5171 doing a last en run on the B41 then I didnt see it after that...  I swear the mTa messed up the plan in the long run they said dead line by May 10th not May 1st...  Now You got depo's struggling with stortage and what not it pains me to see and know that and the MTA just screwed up everything  the orders are messed up and they wasnt prepared  right smh.

17 minutes ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

Its funny cause Quill ranned the last ones on the M57 and M66 and M72 yesterday  I rode 5241 on M66 and man did it rode off good they stayed out all day too. Then I go to downtown Brooklyn  to see 5174 alive and running on the B41 and then the other units were off tracker... me and my freind caught 5171 doing a last en run on the B41 then I didnt see it after that...  I swear the mTa messed up the plan in the long run they said dead line by May 10th not May 1st...  Now You got depo's struggling with stortage and what not it pains me to see and know that and the MTA just screwed up everything  the orders are messed up and they wasnt prepared  right smh.

RTS 5227 is supposed to be used for a special event on Monday at 2 Broadway.

Edited by UTC Bus Roster

2 hours ago, UTC Bus Roster said:

RTS 5227 is supposed to be used for a special event on Monday at 2 Broadway.

With Blitz 5227? That would be a sight to see.

5236 heading up to Eastchester, another one under its own power. FB buses still registered, on hold till retirement. UP RTSes all retired.

Edited by MHV9218

Along with 5058, I think I saw 5173, 5143 and 5138? Not sure about the last one.

A few minutes later, 2 RTS from UP followed. Didn’t catch their numbers but so sad to see all of them go, on their own power nonetheless...

Edited by danielhg121

9 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

I'm very disappointed about this as well. The MTA pulled the RTS from service fast over petty complaints just over broke residents from the Brownsville and ENY area yet wealthy UES residents didn't complain about the Quill RTS. Besides, the RTS obviously had a lot of life, and they could've made it to 25 years of service if maintained/rebuilt properly. Now in June or July that constant want to get rid of the RTS will come back to bite them in the a**  as there's most likely gonna be a shortage by then. 

The article about residents complaining was also highly inaccurate, and was most likely just done without any prior knowledge or research. I swear the agency can't do anything right nowadays smh...

Other than that, I'll really miss the RTS. They were my favorite buses by a long shot, and I would hunt them down often over fanning the subway and catching XD40s (which I find to be inferior). I caught them at ENY, Quill, Jamaica, Flatbush, Fresh Pond, Grand Av, and LGA on a lot of routes. They've also outlived both the D60HFs and Orion Vs, and they even also outlived the Orion VII CNGs (although not officially retired, they've been a no-show throughout the last few days, so it's safe to say there done). 

It's a very sad day that the end of the RTS Era has arrived.  It only proves my theory that the NYCT still lives by the credo of "Scrap First and Ask Questions Later ". They never learn. The reporter who wrote the now infamous article about the RTS model buses in my opinion belongs in prison and the Transit Executives who are responsible for pulling perfectly serviceable buses from doing what they were supposed to be doing should join the reporter in jail because they are guilty of Criminal actions.  This is a grave injustice. 

1 minute ago, Autocar said:

It's a very sad day that the end of the RTS Era has arrived.  It only proves my theory that the NYCT still lives by the credo of "Scrap First and Ask Questions Later ". They never learn. The reporter who wrote the now infamous article about the RTS model buses in my opinion belongs in prison and the Transit Executives who are responsible for pulling perfectly serviceable buses from doing what they were supposed to be doing should join the reporter in jail because they are guilty of Criminal actions.  This is a grave injustice. 

Okay, now that is dramatic. No one belongs in prison. These were complaints from real people from lower class areas and the MTA AGREED to Scrap these buses to make everyone happy. It's not like MTA was forced to get rid of them, and either way, those buses were way too old, damaged and were falling apart. I'm not dismissing anyone's feelings, you're aloud to be sad that these buses are gone, even I am a little sad, but every bus goes through this and we just have to accept the fact that all buses will go through retirement eventually. Just be happy that you got to make good memories with these buses but you really have to move on and not live in the past.

13 minutes ago, Autocar said:

tenor.gif

Geez guy I liked the RTS buses too but that reporter does NOT belong in prison lol. It's not that serious.

Edited by trainfan22