MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/9/2019 at 3:10 PM, JeremiahC99 said:

The 2005, 2006, and 2007 Orion VIIs are all scheduled to be replaced by the upcoming hybrid order.

No what I meant is that there is currently no standard bus order taking place right now so it seems like the 2005 Orion VII’s that are being scrapped are extras at this point. I would imagine the recent order of XD40s and LFS’s allowed there to be a greater spare factor on top of the recent routes that went articulated. 

6 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

No what I meant is that there is currently no standard bus order taking place right now so it seems like the 2005 Orion VII’s that are being scrapped are extras at this point. I would imagine the recent order of XD40s and LFS’s allowed there to be a greater spare factor on top of the recent routes that went articulated. 

You could say that. Supposedly, 158 of the buses are supposed to be retired by the end of this year and have the new buses as a Christmas gift.

21 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

Artics coming in, buses goto Quill and Flatbush. Buses are sent to the Bronx to then move XD60 to Grand and then those hybrids retire OGs in ENY. 

35 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

Yep, that’s what I thought. Because they don’t use any 40 foot buses at all really on the route anymore.

Every once in a while. On a weekend they will slap at least one XD40 on the 38 but most times you are correct with this. 

UNRELATED: New Wrap alert for Flatbush, Fresh Pond and Gleason by way of Ulmer Park, Staten Island and Manhattan Divisions. Saw the latest wraps yesterday on a Staten Island Division exp bus and Manhattan Division bus. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2019 at 9:20 AM, Future ENY OP said:

Every once in a while. On a weekend they will slap at least one XD40 on the 38 but most times you are correct with this. 

UNRELATED: New Wrap alert for Flatbush, Fresh Pond and Gleason by way of Ulmer Park, Staten Island and Manhattan Divisions. Saw the latest wraps yesterday on a Staten Island Division exp bus and Manhattan Division bus. 

They're putting the blue, yellow, and sky blue scheme on the Orion VII NG's?

Edited by DanTheTransitMan

On 11/9/2019 at 3:09 PM, NewFlyer 230 said:

I’m curious, what is replacing all these random 2005 Orion VII’s that are retiring? 

XDE-40's New Flyers that the MTA wants to get. Saw it in a report that they put out, that they wanna get about 270 of them. I like the ones that are running out of GA, saw one yesterday on the B62, #9406.

Edited by DanTheTransitMan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, mine248 said:

Not too sure if 8017 is still around, but apparently there was a fire that happened to it because it dragged a mattress on the Verrazano Bridge. Can someone check if it’s in scrap?https://imgur.com/a/EdStBRB

It has been in service for a few years now. It’s truly remarkable what those guys at Eastchester??? Or Zerega??? do. It has a lot less milage compared to the rest of the batch but bus is still in service. The mattress thing is old news back when the 8000’s were transferred to SI.