Capital District Transportation Authority, Albany

Autocar

• 1 month later...

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Everyone: Update: 9939-9940 have been removed from the Out of Service area, not sure where they went but thankfully they are not in the scrap yard adjacent to the garage. 9907 & 9910 are the only two left. CDTA/NX # 317 has joined them back there.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2019 Update: Looks like 4008H - 4025H have taken up residence in Albany Garage. Not sure what was traded for but 4143 is in Schenectady and have not seen 4135 - 4147 in Albany. Some units are getting new front numbers in a larger sized font. Local Buses are using white numbers while the limiteds are using black numbers. Wonder what the next new stuff will be ? 

• 1 month later...

New Gillig batch delivery looks to be underway. Unsure of the full delivery numbers yet. 4183 was on the 214 yesterday and 4185 was on the 12 today. AFAIK those are the only two out on the road so far. Neither of them have permanent plates, only paper tags. Some interesting changes for the new 2019s. The seat design is different now with an all blue woven nylon texture as well as a completely new automatic annunciator voice. It's now a Male voice that sounds very robotic. Sounds fairly reminiscent to the "Stand clear of the closing doors please" guy on the MTA subways. IMHO I'm not a massive fan of the new voice. 

I can confirm 4183 in service. 9913 LFS Nova is reportedly retired but is not outside in the back. 9907, 9910 + 9917 are the only ones out back. Hopefully as rumored 9913 is being preserved. Wish they had kept a Nabi and an Orion 6 and one of the 1970 Shorty Flxibles that were sold to NYC-DOT

On 3/9/2019 at 7:55 PM, NewFlyerFan said:

New Gillig batch delivery looks to be underway. Unsure of the full delivery numbers yet. 4183 was on the 214 yesterday and 4185 was on the 12 today. AFAIK those are the only two out on the road so far. Neither of them have permanent plates, only paper tags. Some interesting changes for the new 2019s. The seat design is different now with an all blue woven nylon texture as well as a completely new automatic annunciator voice. It's now a Male voice that sounds very robotic. Sounds fairly reminiscent to the "Stand clear of the closing doors please" guy on the MTA subways. IMHO I'm not a massive fan of the new voice. 

I rode it last weekend as a 117 on my way to the Crossgates Mall. I really like the deat design. It's catchy and hypo-allergenic.

4195 in Service, Guess this order is for more then 12 units. Also, as for the retired LFS Novas Out back, it's down to 2, 9910 + 9907, which has it's engine hatch door open. No idea where 9917 disappeared to. CDTA is one of the few transit authorities that did not go with RTS. They stayed away from them. 

It appears as if there has been some equipment shifts between Albany Garage and Schenectady Garage and Troy. 4128 + 4150 have taken up residence in Schenectady while Albany seems to have more of the 4026H - 4031H Group. I will post the moves as I see them. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...