Capital District Transportation Authority, Albany

Autocar

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unusual sighting in the rear of the Albany Garage, a Low-Floor Nova [ number no longer readable from the outside of the bus ] has been painted solid black all over and decalled / letterred in gold for Albany County Sherrif Craig Apple's Office.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The LFS Nova mentioned in yesterday's thread is actually 9951. The only place the number is visible on the exterior is on the roof, other numbers have been blackened out and are unreadable. Wonder if it's been sold ? 

There are also 2 brand new Gillig Hybrids parked outside the main shop doors painted in the Bus Plus colors, should be 5517 & 5518.  

• 2 weeks later...

I can now confirm that there is an Electric Bus running for CDTA. I did not see it's number or manufacturer's name as I saw it from interstate-90, but it does say Electric Bus on the top of engine compartment door and it was heading towards the Albany garage. Any additional information would be greatly appreciated. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Add 4011H to the returned list [ 4010H-40111H & 4014H ] into the Albany Garage, wonder why ?

Also, the Low Floor Nova [ # ? ] that was painted for Sheriff Craig Apple has disappeared from the Albany back yard. Any news on where it is or what it's original number was would be greatly appreciated.    

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

to me i think CDTA should have a route run dow to Ravena and thus have easy accest to Greene County Transit in a nearby New Baltimore just a few blocks away well as well as extending the 7 line towards mentioned locale and rush hours trips to New Baltimore there to complete the gap between Albany and New York via local

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...