100th anniversary trip?

nightmare402

Special General Order Coming to the Q Line

Posted by Stef on Sat Jun 20 02:56:46 2015

A3 and A4 Tracks - Out of Service 9AM to 6PM 6/27 and 6/28, from Prospect Park to Ocean Parkway due to the following:

BMT 100th Anniversary Celebration - Various Museum Trains to operate between Kings Highway and Brighton Beach.

Before anyone asks: What will operate? I can't tell you because I don't know and would rather not speculate. For anyone who wants to know for sure, show up on the day of the celebration to see what's out there. I don't think anyone will be disappointed!

Could a formal announcement be in the works? It would be sensible!

----

FYI, No access to 207th St Yard next weekend due to scheduled work. The Mystery Museum Train(s) will have to find another Yard to call home during the construction. I might be inclined to say SOMETHING will head to Coney Island Yard, since the runs will cover the Q Line.

Regards,

Stef

there is only one R11/34 so how would that work?

and it was the BMT Standards i saw 

I'm pretty sure they could just run just that lone car by itself since it's a single.

I'm sure the R11 will run in a set with the other B Div SMEE museum cars, there not gonna run a single R11 out on the mainline, car would gap out.

Okay got that and I think its gonna be similar with the IRT anniversary back in October but with the r-11 paired with the r1/9 and the d-type with the standards

No. Most likely (But not guaranteed), four trains:

The five RPC-owned R1-9s

The three RPC-ownded BMT Standards

D Types 6112 and 6095

R11-R16-R42-R38-(Possibly R40)

Archived