Which Routes Deserve Some Artics?

BxM4Woodlawn

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that's the case then the bx36 shouldn't have artics.

If the Bx36 can use them, and it has plenty of times, then ANY route can use them, hence why we say tight turns don't affect what route gets artics.

There are examples of where tight turns are that artic routes go through, line Cortlandt Av and 149 (mainly off peak) and the Albany crescent.

^^ this, and like everyone else has said, artics can basically run everywhere that standard buses can except for the 165th Street Terminal for somewhat obvious reasons.

It's not a matter of if they can't fit in 165th... They CAN

It's the way the MTA Bus portion of the terminal is setup... Those slanted pull in slots would make it hazardous when trying to back out slot... Not to mention it would make passing around it while it's parked up in the terminal difficult...

It's just too hazardous period... Until they can find a place for the Q6 that's outside of 165... You won't see Artics

It's not a matter of if they can't fit in 165th... They CAN

It's the way the MTA Bus portion of the terminal is setup... Those slanted pull in slots would make it hazardous when trying to back out slot... Not to mention it would make passing around it while it's parked up in the terminal difficult...

It's just too hazardous period... Until they can find a place for the Q6 that's outside of 165... You won't see Artics

I never said they can't fit, when I said obvious reasons, I meant the backing up part.

Yeah, so they can run buses every 10 minutes or whatever to meet the demand. I know how stingy you are when it comes to service, but it is what it is.

Lol I see what you did there...

Don't see how "stingy" it is, if its one of the most frequent buses overnight.

Yeah, so they can run buses every 10 minutes or whatever to meet the demand. I know how stingy you are when it comes to service, but it is what it is.

Not necessarily, they planned to do that. But NIMBYs didn't want that happening. Too much noise at night.

Lol I see what you did there...

Don't see how "stingy" it is, if its one of the most frequent buses overnight.

Well when you consider how much overnight service has been cut with the 2010 cuts, they can afford to add some service here and there.

Not necessarily, they planned to do that. But NIMBYs didn't want that happening. Too much noise at night.

You can't blame them.  Those old artics can be quite loud.

Well when you consider how much overnight service has been cut with the 2010 cuts, they can afford to add some service here and there.

You can't blame them.  Those old artics can be quite loud.

It was planned before these artics even hit the line, primarily when the Q10 was nothing but low floor hybrids. Even so, it's still one of the most frequent overnight routes.

Archived