Which Routes Deserve Some Artics?

BxM4Woodlawn

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, what's the deal with the M106 anyway. It ends so early and it's somewhat infreuqent (every 30 minutes throughout the whole day weekends, 15-20 weekdays). I understand it's more of a M96 variant and you can't overserve east of 5th Avenue on 96 Street, but I believe that messes up the M106's span or potential span, since the M96 is the higher utilized route on 96 Street. I mean, if the Bx46 can run until 11:30 PM at night, the M106 should be running longer, until at least 10 PM or 11 PM. Maybe the frequencies can be reduced to every 12 minutes during the rush, but IDK about adding more midday service. It definitely does not need artics.

The Q6 needs to be more reliable. It crazy how I can out the Q6 from Linden to Liberty or even Jamaica Ave sometimes.

Ehh....to be fair, between the 6, 8, 9 and 41. The 6 and 9 seem to be the most reliable, especially with buses started at Sutphin Blvd going to either Rockaway Blvd or Nassau Expressway.

You need to ride the M96 more. Those buses will also be crowded at 9 PM

The M96 is not that heavily used. What needs to happen in that case is, like it was said before, just increase the frequency of the route. If it needed artics that bad, it would of never had the OGs and be using artics only when it was at 100 St.

The M96 is not that heavily used. What needs to happen in that case is, like it was said before, just increase the frequency of the route. If it needed artics that bad, it would of never had the OGs and be using artics only when it was at 100 St.

No, that was said for the M106, not the M96.  The frequencies are fine.  Buses are simply unreliable.

You need to ride the M96 more. Those buses will also be crowded at 9 PM

I see the M96 practically every day, and just every day they're bunched.  If anything if they can't make the route more reliable, perhaps an artic here and there would suffice, but I wouldn't make the whole line full of artics.

No, that was said for the M106, not the M96. The frequencies are fine. Buses are simply unreliable.

I see the M96 practically every day, and just every day they're bunched. If anything if they can't make the route more reliable, perhaps an artic here and there would suffice, but I wouldn't make the whole line full of artics.

The M96 does get crowded, but not enough to use artics all the time. Besides the rush, I'd just increase the frequency of the route.

The M96 does get crowded, but not enough to use artics all the time. Besides the rush, I'd just increase the frequency of the route.

I know it does, that's why I said put an artic in here and there because the frequencies in some cases are no more than 5 minutes, so adding more buses in those cases likely won't make a difference, and it would make more sense to instead put in artics.

Archived