R44 Front Car with LCD?

mark1447

Here are my versions based on the OCR avatar set:

2254_164.gif2254_163.gif

Aesthetically, I like the route designation being the same color as the ring, but I think I still agree with you that the white "travels better" to a further station.

Those look great.....:(

Eric B isn't the (K) suppose to be blue instead of gray

NICE!

As for the K, yes, I left it gray because by the time the 110's came out, it had been discontinued as an 8th Ave. line, and then proposed for a Canarsie Skip-Stop. Inasmuch as we began desiring it go go back on 6th Ave., it could be any of several colors, so I kept it gray. (really, it should be white, then). I thought of including all three of its colors, but it was not important. My new version did include a yellow T, because that could also be reserved to redesignate its original Bway-West End again until 2nd Ave opens, and then, it could be 2nd Ave via Bway as needed, and then simply rerouted down lower Second Av. when (IF, now) it opens. And of course, the P, showing what could be done color wise, with the LED's.

OK, here's the next set. Added simulate "pixels" so it would look more like an actual LED display, and not an image on an LCD display.

Also realized (from those pictures in the Slants/160's on the A thread) that we had all gotten the "A" character wrong. It is basically the same crude "digital" style A used on the flipdot and LED signs.

2_Allroutes3.gif

OK, here's the next set. Added simulate "pixels" so it would look more like an actual LED display, and not an image on and LCD display.

Also realized (from those pictures in the Slants/160's on the A thread). that we had all gotten the "A" character wrong. It is basically the same crude "digital" style A used on the flipdot and LED signs.

2_Allroutes3.gif

The pixelated front NTT signs is real nice!

OK, here's the next set. Added simulate "pixels" so it would look more like an actual LED display, and not an image on and LCD display.

Also realized (from those pictures in the Slants/160's on the A thread). that we had all gotten the "A" character wrong. It is basically the same crude "digital" style A used on the flipdot and LED signs.

2_Allroutes3.gif

That looks pretty good. Nice work

I like that. For an animated gif, the pixels look good. :P

Also realized (from those pictures in the Slants/160's on the A thread) that we had all gotten the "A" character wrong. It is basically the same crude "digital" style A used on the flipdot and LED signs.

I'm going to reserve judgment until we get some more pictures (hence my request in that thread). I've seen some of the other characters look radically different, or even disappear, from an angle in a photo. However, if further photographic evidence proves they did use that blockier A, it boggles my mind. Why break from a typeface? I think the ORC A is more appropriate than the OCR W to say the least, yet they stuck with that set for the (J)(L)(M) etc. Odd. :confused:

Archived