Staten Island Fantasy System Useful for Future BVE

GGTrain

The track diagram for the 4th Avenue junction should note that south of the 59th street the tracks are pitching downward on a grade that should allow them to duck under the local tracks.  These diagrams are not to scale and unless a notation is made it leaves it up to the imagination of the reader. The tracks start their downward pitch around 61st Street south of the crossovers with the duck under occuring around 64th Street.  That distance is longer than a train length.  I will be updating the diagram.

West of Columbia-W.9 St is a level junction, so no need for duck unders or fly overs.  I did mention it in the description on how it functions as a level junction without using the terminology.

G_zpslbu6dv44.png trains cannot use the lower level at Bergen Street.  This is true in the non-fantasy world.  F_zpswtusnrox.png trains can use both levels.  In the real world both trains use the upper level, so why would there be a choke point there?  Placing the local F_zpswtusnrox.png trains on the lower level along with the express FDiamond_zpsovknrbm8.png and local V_zpsvthlr23u.png trains would cause a choke point there.  Can you give me some thought what you would propose?  All help is welcome.

Archived