Opposite Day...

Why in the hell are they using that garbage on the M34?? Ridiculous. Federal funds were spent for NEW buses which should run on the M34SBS at all times.

The new....ish articulated Novas came out of the MTA's budget. The only order that was federally funded for this division(not including MTA Bus) were the CNG and Hybrid bus orders.

wow, Quill is that short of buses for the +Select and they just received extras from Flatbush

Two doesn't necessarily help. With the M60 being 24/7. It's putting a lot of wear and tear on those Novas especially since those buses take a pretty brutal beating on that line alone.

The new....ish articulated Novas came out of the MTA's budget. The only order that was federally funded for this division(not including MTA Bus) were the CNG and Hybrid bus orders.

I thought all of the SBS lines received federal funding, which included funds for new buses...

The M103 had a lot of those SBS wrapped buses today.

Those wrapped buses couldn't wait for the M86 to start SBS, so they had to go somewhere lol.

As for the M34, first I've seen front Green led signage of the SBS signs. I remember seeing a back green LED sign of the M15 SBS years ago.

Psst.... that bus is 5526 not 5625 if you haven't noticed.

I thought all of the SBS lines received federal funding, which included funds for new buses...

The SBS lines did. Most of these buses came through before SBS was even thought of for some of these lines. The only one that's really getting federal funding for SBS is the future Q52/Q53 SBS.

The M34 for example wasn't even on the drawing board for the list of SBS routes and it magically popped up ahead of other routes that needed it with plans and layouts already made for it.

Why in the hell are they using that garbage on the M34?? Ridiculous. Federal funds were spent for NEW buses which should run on the M34SBS at all times.

The M60 has been putting many of those SBS buses into maintenance holds, which is why there's a shortage. Those 59xx LFSAs are taking a beating on the SBS60 between mileage and wear/tear of being highway buses... Which in turns puts the 5800s into new territory on the 60. Quill has received 5 new SBS buses in the past 3 months because of the maintenance holds -- most recently the two 53xx from Flatbush - 5327 & 28.

The M60 has been putting many of those SBS buses into maintenance holds, which is why there's a shortage. Those 59xx LFSAs are taking a beating on the SBS60 between mileage and wear/tear of being highway buses... Which in turns puts the 5800s into new territory on the 60. Quill has received 5 new SBS buses in the past 3 months because of the maintenance holds -- most recently the two 53xx from Flatbush - 5327 & 28.

That means they'll be needing new buses more often then. lol With the way Tuskegee takes care of their buses, they may need to hold off on retiring some of the old non-low floor artics.  Here and there I may use the M101 to and from the BxM1 express bus and I'm appalled at how terrible the interiors of some of those buses are and they aren't even that old.  

Archived