Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

1 hour ago, NewbieCR said:

I have no idea. Gonna attempt to order today 

On the green paper, it says boots required for Tuesday. So I think you’ll be fine. Additionally, I’m sure you’re not the only person that was sworn in less than a week before the class date and didn’t have their boots the first day. I can’t imagine it’ll be a big deal. 

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jay0989 said:

On the green paper, it says boots required for Tuesday. So I think you’ll be fine. Additionally, I’m sure you’re not the only person that was sworn in less than a week before the class date and didn’t have their boots the first day. I can’t imagine it’ll be a big deal. 

Thanks! I was able to log in & order today. 

23 minutes ago, NewbieCR said:

Thanks! I was able to log in & order today. 

Good I ordered mine Monday but apparently when I called the lady said it was placed on Tuesday. Anyways I look forward to seeing my co workers Monday and Tuesday!!!

3 hours ago, J Cooper said:

I’m up at 180 Livingston st right now, arriving at 6:30 is a must. I thought it was a dress code? I see people in sweats.....

It’s supposed to be. Don’t stress it, long as you followed the rules, you’re good! Good luck today! You there for medical?

2 hours ago, NewbieCR said:

It’s supposed to be. Don’t stress it, long as you followed the rules, you’re good! Good luck today! You there for medical?

No, I was going for my first PE list number #18**. I finished about 11:30, I'm glad I went early!

9 hours ago, J Cooper said:

I’m up at 180 Livingston st right now, arriving at 6:30 is a must. I thought it was a dress code? I see people in sweats.....

The reason why everyone is not in business casual attire is because some people are already employees of MTA and might be there for other reasons besides pre employment. I was there yesterday for my first pre employment as well. 

3 hours ago, Riku said:

Thanks, Must be the 15th that’s a Monday. Unless they doing Sunday classes lol 

Yeah ms.vargas said we're off the weekends while training and such so it might be the 15th but don't quote me on the days just to be sure.

Just to shed some clarification on the dates for you all, starting days for the classes will be Mondays, however when you’re asked for your induction date, it will be that Sunday, since the week begins on Sunday’s. That’s why someone said July 14th, that’s the induction date, but your first day is July 15th. Hope that helps. Congrats to all the new hires, welcome to TA and good luck in school car! 

1 minute ago, Imhim said:

Just to shed some clarification on the dates for you all, starting days for the classes will be Mondays, however when you’re asked for your induction date, it will be that Sunday, since the week begins on Sunday’s. That’s why someone said July 14th, that’s the induction date, but your first day is July 15th. Hope that helps. Congrats to all the new hires, welcome to TA and good luck in school car! 

Do we actually study on a train or is it all inside of a school? Because they have me going to orientation Monday and then Tuesday to coney island for the first class.

3 hours ago, Schecter said:

Do we actually study on a train or is it all inside of a school? Because they have me going to orientation Monday and then Tuesday to coney island for the first class.

Classroom time and train time. 

2 hours ago, Jay0989 said:

Nervous and excited about tomorrow!! Any tips anyone has to help prepare for the big day?

Isnt tomorrow just the orientation for us and then Tuesday is when the actual classes start? I'm also nervous/excited for tomorrow and Tuesday. And do we wear the boots that we ordered tomorrow or do we have the wear the boots on Tuesday?