Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

1 minute ago, Tony77 said:

Yeah you’ll just be peeing in a cup today. You’ll bring a money order for medical which they’ll tell you about in an a email

Thanks for the info!

Last question. I should pass the drug test no problem but I saw that they check for alcohol as well. I assume you wouldnt fail based solely on the fact that you drink occasionally but what do they look for specifically in regards to that?

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, BreeBree said:

DON'T CRY!!! What do you have to do? I was put on medical hold too got off fast you can still make the class

Spoke to my doctor just now. He’s mailing a copy of my last physical results; that’s what the transit doctor wants. Hopefully it’ll come in the mail by Monday or Tuesday. I have a condition I was born with; transit said it’s fine but they need proof from him. I just don’t wanna miss this class. Fingers crossed. 

1 hour ago, Tony77 said:

Spoke to my doctor just now. He’s mailing a copy of my last physical results; that’s what the transit doctor wants. Hopefully it’ll come in the mail by Monday or Tuesday. I have a condition I was born with; transit said it’s fine but they need proof from him. I just don’t wanna miss this class. Fingers crossed. 

Well that's great!!! Shoot I had to have a sleep study done and meet with a drug counselor (eye roll) cause I failed a drug test with MTA years ago for mnot peeing enough in the cup. So you got this! I finished class in June I'm in A division feel free to hit me up anytime 

3 hours ago, MainStreetBound7 said:

Thanks for the info!

Last question. I should pass the drug test no problem but I saw that they check for alcohol as well. I assume you wouldnt fail based solely on the fact that you drink occasionally but what do they look for specifically in regards to that?

That I don't know. It's  not a breathalyzer test so don't worry. Unless you drank ALOT! LOL!!! I didn't register any alcohol levels they were concerned with. So don't worry

1 hour ago, Tony77 said:

Hey man, don’t be discouraged. I got placed on medical hold for something so minuscule. I immediately went to my doctor and got cleared the next day which was a Wednesday Once I got the clearance, I emailed them and they got back to me the following day and had me come in that Monday and clear me just in time for the 7/26 class  If I were you, go to your doctor’s office, get a copy and then email them immediately. Don’t wait for the whole mailing thing. Olha will get back to you via phone call and have you come back in ASAP 

13 minutes ago, exj16 said:

Hey man, don’t be discouraged. I got placed on medical hold for something so minuscule. I immediately went to my doctor and got cleared the next day which was a Wednesday Once I got the clearance, I emailed them and they got back to me the following day and had me come in that Monday and clear me just in time for the 7/26 class  If I were you, go to your doctor’s office, get a copy and then email them immediately. Don’t wait for the whole mailing thing. Olha will get back to you via phone call and have you come back in ASAP 

Thank you!!!

Congrats to those starting on the 13th! Just a heads up, Transit doesn’t like backpacks with straps for safety reasons. If you can, get a backpack that can be converted into a duffle bag. that would be perfect. A lot of Conductors and Train operators use Kaka backpacks or witzman and Hynes travel backpacks since they can easily be converted into duffle bags. You’re not allowed to wear anything with straps while crossing tracks etc. also they’re going to give you books and equipment that you will have to carry with you everyday (mandatory). Your bag will feel like it’s 30-40 pounds! Imagine that and walking around the train yard in 90 degrees weather LOL

2 hours ago, Ytmh said:

I have to agree with y’all. I didn’t think the day would go that long!! I couldn’t wait for today to be over.  I will be in the sept 13th class in the afternoon also.  @Tony77 don’t give up you have two week to clear that hold and get in 

Im in the afternoon class also. 3pm

15 hours ago, Ytmh said:

I have to agree with y’all. I didn’t think the day would go that long!! I couldn’t wait for today to be over.  I will be in the sept 13th class in the afternoon also.  @Tony77 don’t give up you have two week to clear that hold and get in 

Yes it was a longggg day.

I was there on the line from 6:08am and literally was the last person that walked out of that place at 5 p.m. That was because that dang DR. Told me i would be on medical hold until i can bring my glasses. I wear contacts and did the exam with my contacts. Guess it wasn't enough for her. So being who i am i asked can i go and come back. Went home to pick that sucker up. I was so annoyed and over it to the point when she said i was cleared i couldn't be happy. My spirit was already down. I am so grateful for this opportunity but yesterday was horrible. I felt so rushed at the end. 

Edited by EgyptianEyez

On 7/25/2021 at 9:23 AM, Finallynyc said:

Thanks.  Is there parking in the school area?(alternate side issues)  I was going to drive over there.

Stupid question - I got the paper yesterday to report to PS 248 but on the bottom is says "no backpacks or bags with wheels are allowed". I'm assuming this means that while bags and backpacks are allowed; they aren't allowed to have wheels. This doesn't mean that we are expected to show up with no bags right? Sorry for the silly question. I just don't wanna show up with a backpack and they're like "ummm you can't bring that in here". 

1 hour ago, Tony77 said:

Stupid question - I got the paper yesterday to report to PS 248 but on the bottom is says "no backpacks or bags with wheels are allowed". I'm assuming this means that while bags and backpacks are allowed; they aren't allowed to have wheels. This doesn't mean that we are expected to show up with no bags right? Sorry for the silly question. I just don't wanna show up with a backpack and they're like "ummm you can't bring that in here". 

You can have a backpack you list have to be able to tuck the straps in. Because you cannot have straps on the tracks or in the yard...dragging hazzard

1 hour ago, Tony77 said:

Listen you got it done! Be happy!!! That's all gravy now the work begins.  CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

18 minutes ago, EgyptianEyez said:

Hey Bree how long do it take to get official uniforms? How many pants and shirts do you think i should order?

Lol!! I still dont have any!! Get at least 3 of each. Cause the yards ate dirty lol it is the train after all lol I have like 4 shirts and 3 pants. Pants from Old Navy and shirts from Amazon 

We got measured in school car but nothing yet

17 minutes ago, BreeBree said:

Lol!! I still dont have any!! Get at least 3 of each. Cause the yards ate dirty lol it is the train after all lol I have like 4 shirts and 3 pants. Pants from Old Navy and shirts from Amazon 

We got measured in school car but nothing yet

Wow nothing yet thats crazy. I was looking at oldnavy. What style did u get and what boots are best to order