Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

1 hour ago, adorkasherri said:

By my estimates, it looks like they're getting through about 200 people per class. They'll probably get up to around list number 600 for the July class.

I say a bit more. It took 342 to get 1st class. We will see. 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Gdsimmons646 said:

Im in the exact same predicament. Low 500s. Ive pretty much given up on the June class, even though thats the one I really wanted 

If you get an invite for medical let us know, I will do the same

Figured and the lady did say the medical goes by list number. If people still waiting with 500 numbers then I got a little wait to go sheesh they make it seem like you get called right away. Do they have classes every month? Or is always like in the spring and summer? I’m 1,550s range. Right now I’m thinking after August class I should get a email. Depends on who bombs drug and medical seems like still a lot of low numbers waiting. Hope everyone keeps us posted this a great forum 

On 5/25/2018 at 12:53 PM, RedViper90 said:

I’m really discouraged at the moment seeing how fast this is moving in relation to my situation.

I’m still stuck in Florida until November when I graduate HVAC school. I’m #16xx and never received an OPA invite and even if I did, I wouldn’t be able to fly back to NY yet. My plan was to move back to NY by the time they reached 16xx but it seems they already passed me.

Tickets from Fl to Nyc is still real cheap

8 hours ago, Nyctransitorhotels said:

Tickets from Fl to Nyc is still real cheap

I agree. I would really pay a flight (even if its just 1 night) to take that OPA. You have a GREAT chance at this job, really soon too.

Hey gang, been following this forum for the two years since the initial exam. Some good info here. I’m number 49X on the list and still haven’t received an email for medical. Just thought I’d throw that into the pool of info for everyone. Will keep the group posted. Take care 

25 minutes ago, Kabr79 said:

Hey gang, been following this forum for the two years since the initial exam. Some good info here. I’m number 49X on the list and still haven’t received an email for medical. Just thought I’d throw that into the pool of info for everyone. Will keep the group posted. Take care 

Hey thanks for the update. My guess is that the June 4 is filled already. I doubt they would call people less than a week before the class starts for medical. Would be messed up on their part (considering they tell people not to quit their present job until they have an official offer). On to the July class we go. 

8 minutes ago, Bmpo7 said:

Hey thanks for the update. My guess is that the June 4 is filled already. I doubt they would call people less than a week before the class starts for medical. Would be messed up on their part (considering they tell people not to quit their present job until they have an official offer). On to the July class we go. 

It’s very odd that you wouldn’t be called for June class with list numbers in the 500s. It 342 numbers to get the first class. Not sure but I would assume you guys could expect emails this week. 

11 minutes ago, Bmpo7 said:

That’s my assumption as well. My entire attitude with this process has been “I’ll hear from them when I hear from them”. Helped in keeping me centered while I wait for this career change. 

3 minutes ago, Jay0989 said:

It’s very odd that you wouldn’t be called for June class with list numbers in the 500s. It 342 numbers to get the first class. Not sure but I would assume you guys could expect emails this week. 

Honestly, I don’t take the numbers thrown around on the forum too seriously. They’re a decent gauge, but I prefer seeing the posts from folks who have actually gotten into the class, or the ranges of people invite for PE/medical. I’m not expecting anything this week, but wouldn’t mind the surprise lol. 

9 minutes ago, Jay0989 said:

I thought the exact same thing. I just expected that if we were going to be in the June class, we would have had more time to give notice at work. Also, I'm guessing the "342" number includes those who are already in the June class (either didn't fit in the April class, got put on medical hold, etc). Again, just a guess. 

9 minutes ago, Kabr79 said:

That’s my assumption as well. My entire attitude with this process has been “I’ll hear from them when I hear from them”. Helped in keeping me centered while I wait for this career change. 

Honestly, I don’t take the numbers thrown around on the forum too seriously. They’re a decent gauge, but I prefer seeing the posts from folks who have actually gotten into the class, or the ranges of people invite for PE/medical. I’m not expecting anything this week, but wouldn’t mind the surprise lol. 

It's the "last appointed" number according to the DCAS automated system.

Edited by Bmpo7

9 minutes ago, Bmpo7 said:

It's the "last appointed" number according to the DCAS automated system.

I thought it was conjecture based off of phone calls people had made. Regardless, I’m high 400’s and have received nothing yet. As we’ve all witnessed this is a long and strange process with many twists and turns. 

When I asked about hilding my list number until I move back to NY. 

“The Employment Center calls applicants for processing as vacancies occur based on their list number.  Once they reach your list number, you will receive a letter in the mail with a date and time to report to the Employment Center. The list number is good for 4 years from the date it started.  List established 2/14/2018   Date exhausted 2/14/2022.  If you are called to the Employment Center for the pre-employment process, and you miss your appointment, you will have to have your name restored to the list.   Please keep in mind, you can only have your names restored if the list is active.  Once it is exhausted, it is no longer used for hiring.”

1 minute ago, RedViper90 said:

When I asked about hilding my list number until I move back to NY. 

“The Employment Center calls applicants for processing as vacancies occur based on their list number.  Once they reach your list number, you will receive a letter in the mail with a date and time to report to the Employment Center. The list number is good for 4 years from the date it started.  List established 2/14/2018   Date exhausted 2/14/2022.  If you are called to the Employment Center for the pre-employment process, and you miss your appointment, you will have to have your name restored to the list.   Please keep in mind, you can only have your names restored if the list is active.  Once it is exhausted, it is no longer used for hiring.”

Did you call?