Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

2 hours ago, Gdsimmons646 said:

Relaxing at happy hour and what pops up on my phone. An email for medical for Friday. 

Can you tell me what the subject line is and/or the sender? I want to keep an eye out for any key phrases. I get a lot of promotions and spam on this email (should've thought of that before giving them this email), so I wanted to know what to look out for. List number is 66X, so I'm thinking I need to be on the look out.

Any info is appreciated!!

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, impatientAF said:

Can you tell me what the subject line is and/or the sender? I want to keep an eye out for any key phrases. I get a lot of promotions and spam on this email (should've thought of that before giving them this email), so I wanted to know what to look out for. List number is 66X, so I'm thinking I need to be on the look out.

Any info is appreciated!!

Subject is "New York City Transit Conductor Schedule for Medical/Final Processing"

Email is someone's name @ nyct.com

Hey! I’m new to the forum. I have a question. My list number is 77xx and I take my OPA this Sunday. I do have a misdemeanor from 10yrs ago. I was 19. Do I have to disclose that information? Will that hurt my chances with MTA? 

40 minutes ago, NAT212 said:

Hey! I’m new to the forum. I have a question. My list number is 77xx and I take my OPA this Sunday. I do have a misdemeanor from 10yrs ago. I was 19. Do I have to disclose that information? Will that hurt my chances with MTA? 

When you get the packet they refer to as "homework" at the preemployment, the packet says you MUST disclose everything unless it is SEALED or EXPUNGED. Now, I personally did disclose a misdemeanor that I had from 6 years ago, even though it is sealed, because I would much rather play it safe and be honest about it, since they will not disqualify you over minor crimes (or even most major crimes). My advice: definitely tell them about the misdemeanor, and before you even go to the MTA for preemployment (assuming you get called), go to the criminal court where you had your case, and get disposition. When you disclose your misdemeanor, they will ask you for a disposition, and that's it, no harm done. Better to play it safe and be honest. Your chances will not be hurt at all because you have a misdemeanor from 10 years ago.

@NAT212, yes, much better to disclose things.  There are people on the job who've served 5+ years in prison for felony convictions.  Not disclosing looks like dishonesty to Transit and if/when they find out they'll try to terminate you even if you made it through your probationary period and your job performance is fine.

On a different note, I'm 50XX and I haven't received my OPA invitation yet.  Are they skipping around?

13 minutes ago, MTAhopefullMatt said:

@NAT212, yes, much better to disclose things.  There are people on the job who've served 5+ years in prison for felony convictions.  Not disclosing looks like dishonesty to Transit and if/when they find out they'll try to terminate you even if you made it through your probationary period and your job performance is fine.

On a different note, I'm 50XX and I haven't received my OPA invitation yet.  Are they skipping around?

They’ll get to you I think someone said they were 44xx and just got it for the OPA. They are moving quick tho 

40 minutes ago, Bmpo7 said:

When you get the packet they refer to as "homework" at the preemployment, the packet says you MUST disclose everything unless it is SEALED or EXPUNGED. Now, I personally did disclose a misdemeanor that I had from 6 years ago, even though it is sealed, because I would much rather play it safe and be honest about it, since they will not disqualify you over minor crimes (or even most major crimes). My advice: definitely tell them about the misdemeanor, and before you even go to the MTA for preemployment (assuming you get called), go to the criminal court where you had your case, and get disposition. When you disclose your misdemeanor, they will ask you for a disposition, and that's it, no harm done. Better to play it safe and be honest. Your chances will not be hurt at all because you have a misdemeanor from 10 years ago.

Ok thank you. It was Brooklyn criminal court. I will get the deposition next time I’m in Brooklyn. 

23 minutes ago, MTAhopefullMatt said:

Thank you and I’m not sure. I’m on multiple lists and this one is moving faster than the rest for me lol 

1 hour ago, NAT212 said:

I may need to start checking my mail if this is the case. I’m list # 99xx and hopefully I don’t have to come in this weekend. Hopefully, before years end I get in and take OPA test. 

1 hour ago, Gdsimmons646 said:

Going in for medical tomorrow morning. I got a call from a Olha from HR, who said that there are still spots for Monday. I was kinda shocked but I said I'll definitely be there 

What’s your list #?

42 minutes ago, JoelPZ said:

What’s your list #?

I believe he's in the 520's. 

14 minutes ago, Kidbx175 said:

List number 51xx haven’t received an OPA invite. 

But sombody with a 7 thousand list number gets invited in ? I don’t get it lol. 

It doesn't look like the sent OPAs and preemployment in order. But don't worry too much about it yet, they definitely put people in classes by list number. I'm sure you'll get your OPA soon. 

For everyone here to know!!!

If your neck is over 17" and your BMI is over 35 you will have a medical hold! A sleep study must be done to clear it.

To find your BMI got to goggle and search BMI calculator, there you will put your weight and height and get results. If it's over it, start dieting now!!!