Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nickynick86 said:

Does anyone know what number they’re  up to for pre-employment?

I don't think there's anyway to find that out. You can look on this forum thread to get an idea, but not everyone is on this forum so we don't have an actual number to give you. 

Hey everyone. I took the OPA last Thursday and my list number is 49**. My husband updated his address yesterday and this is what they responded:

Your address has been updated.  At this time, we are only testing applicants with list numbers up to 5,000.  To date, the Employment Center has called up to list number 500.  If the employment center reaches your list number, you will be contacted to take the OPA.  

26 minutes ago, Bmpo7 said:

I don't think there's anyway to find that out. You can look on this forum thread to get an idea, but not everyone is on this forum so we don't have an actual number to give you. 

Thanks for the info. Definitely will look back so I can get a better idea

Hey everyone, so ive been following this forum for quite some time, but im still so confused and anxious when it comes to this waiting game. My list number is between 810-820 & i took the opa in october/November & i also did the drug test on april 10th & havent heard anything. They said 3-90 days but the 90 days are fastly approaching. Has anyone in my list range heard anything ? Im hoping for a call back in september but with the MTA anything goes . 

11 minutes ago, Janelleeac said:

Hey everyone, so ive been following this forum for quite some time, but im still so confused and anxious when it comes to this waiting game. My list number is between 810-820 & i took the opa in october/November & i also did the drug test on april 10th & havent heard anything. They said 3-90 days but the 90 days are fastly approaching. Has anyone in my list range heard anything ? Im hoping for a call back in september but with the MTA anything goes . 

Not in ya list range (#1292) but I know first hand they are calling a lot of ppl in for final processing (for July class)I was there (180 Livingston street) doing my final processing yesterday for B/O I say you definitely getting a call back for September...also I was speaking to several ppl in the waiting area....alot of people was resigning to go over to OA B/O maybe that will speed up the process as well

55 minutes ago, Janelleeac said:

Just to give you some perspective on where they are at, I am 71x and still waiting for medical as well. I have a good feeling you should definitely be in for August or September (assuming they have classes those 2 months), if not July.

Edited by Bmpo7

9 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

It's official! Got sworn in today. Recieved my books, green paper and took a picture for my pass. School car on the 9th next month. 

Keep the fam updated every day in class what to expect what garage is open what train equipment is better the whole nine yards

31 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

It's official! Got sworn in today. Recieved my books, green paper and took a picture for my pass. School car on the 9th next month. 

Congrats!! So medical and final processing are 2 different days?

21 minutes ago, MTAhopefullMatt said:

@Jchambers2120, congratulations.  Roughly what list number are you?

Thank you! I'm in the low 400's.

19 minutes ago, Bmpo7 said:

Congrats!! So medical and final processing are 2 different days?

Thank you!! Medical and FP are usually done on the same day,  but I couldn't make the June class because I'm still in school so my first drug test expired. I took my medical and 2nd DT last week and they had to wait for those results before I could continue.

@Mr Marta I will 

1 hour ago, Jchambers2120 said:

Hey congrats. Next step is to go into schoolcar and strive to finish it. Hopefully I'll see you down the road

1 hour ago, AngelRC said:

Hey congrats. Next step is to go into schoolcar and strive to finish it. Hopefully I'll see you down the road

Thanks Angel that's the plan! I have a question on the green paper it states no backpacks or bags with wheels allowed so what kind of bag are we allowed to bring?

Also, it says we have to wait to create our account to get our boots, but on the white paper it has my info and pass number on it. Do we have to wait 24 hours to create a Bsc account too?

16 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

Thanks Angel that's the plan! I have a question on the green paper it states no backpacks or bags with wheels allowed so what kind of bag are we allowed to bring?

Also, it says we have to wait to create our account to get our boots, but on the white paper it has my info and pass number on it. Do we have to wait 24 hours to create a Bsc account too?

You should have an email with instructions for the boots you have to order. You have a voucher for them so don't worry about paying out of pocket for them.

For the backpack, go on Amazon and order Ibagbar or Kaka backpack. You can put the straps away when walking on the tracks. They won't harp on you about a backpack since you have to carry stuff until you get the backpack from Amazon.

Just now, AngelRC said:

You should have an email with instructions for the boots you have to order. You have a voucher for them so don't worry about paying out of pocket for them.

For the backpack, go on Amazon and order Ibagbar or Kaka backpack. You can put the straps away when walking on the tracks. They won't harp on you about a backpack since you have to carry stuff until you get the backpack from Amazon.

No backpacks with wheels though. A duffel works too

I just want to say this: 

The instructor today said that there is going to be one more class, and that is it for 2018. 

I was in the first class, the second class already started and is full of deferments from the first class, and then there is one more class and it is also likely full of deferments from the first class.

The last class is filling up, and that is it for 2018 until next year. 

Sorry to those that won't be able to get into this class, It will happen -- just wait. 

18 minutes ago, kellgh said:

I just want to say this: 

The instructor today said that there is going to be one more class, and that is it for 2018. 

I was in the first class, the second class already started and is full of deferments from the first class, and then there is one more class and it is also likely full of deferments from the first class.

The last class is filling up, and that is it for 2018 until next year. 

Sorry to those that won't be able to get into this class, It will happen -- just wait. 

Damn, but then what was the point of calling so many people for pre employment?

38 minutes ago, Over1 said:

I agree with this. I doubt there will only be 1 more class for the year. Could be true, but I doubt it. I mean, they called over 1,000 people for preemployment and drug test. 

1 hour ago, Bmpo7 said:

I agree with this. I doubt there will only be 1 more class for the year. Could be true, but I doubt it. I mean, they called over 1,000 people for preemployment and drug test. 

No it's apparently confirmed. Only one more class for 2018

2 hours ago, Over1 said:

1 hour ago, Bmpo7 said:

One thing I noticed during posting, is that they were calling a lot for Train Operators. 

They are not calling for extra jobs for conductors. There may be a hiring freeze. You guys have to be aware of the fact that they can do this at any time. 

12 minutes ago, kellgh said:

One thing I noticed during posting, is that they were calling a lot for Train Operators. 

They are not calling for extra jobs for conductors. There may be a hiring freeze. You guys have to be aware of the fact that they can do this at any time. 

That sucks to hear 

21 minutes ago, kellgh said:

22 minutes ago, kellgh said:

Is July 9th the last class Or the August  class?