Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

3 hours ago, Maddog10 said:

Hey..Ive been following this forum for a min and everyone here is great. My list number is in the early 600s. I’ve taken 2 drug tests (one on April 6th and another on June 7) I’m just waiting for a medical email. I took the 2nd drug test because my first one was set to expire. Just wanted to let everyone know don’t be discouraged if Transit doesnt contact you within the time frame they’ve given you. If your drug test is set to expire (90 days) you will just receive another preemployment letter with another date to report back to 180 Livingston to take another drug test. It’s that simple 

Thats around the same time i took my drug test. But did they just send you another p.e. Letter or u called to find out whats your status ? 

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Janelleeac said:

Thats around the same time i took my drug test. But did they just send you another p.e. Letter or u called to find out whats your status ? 

They sent me another one..along with another packet for my work history and etc. I filled it out but when I got there the lady told me I didn’t have to. I just needed the letter, my social and ID. 

Just a quick update: called the employment center to ask if it was true about the freeze after July, they said that is not true, but that no classes are "officially" scheduled yet. Classes are scheduled as needed regularly. Meaning a class could randomly open up August or September, etc. It's not as if they have a calendar with a fixed schedule with classes set. Take it with a grain of salt though, you could call transit 10 times, speak with 10 different people, and get 10 different responses. 

5 minutes ago, Bmpo7 said:

Just a quick update: called the employment center to ask if it was true about the freeze after July, they said that is not true, but that no classes are "officially" scheduled yet. Classes are scheduled as needed regularly. Meaning a class could randomly open up August or September, etc. It's not as if they have a calendar with a fixed schedule with classes set. Take it with a grain of salt though, you could call transit 10 times, speak with 10 different people, and get 10 different responses. 

Just to clarify, this DOES NOT MEAN July is not the last class. It is possible it is, possible it isn't. Again, just nothing is officially set in stone.

On 6/18/2018 at 3:39 PM, Bmpo7 said:

Just to clarify, this DOES NOT MEAN July is not the last class. It is possible it is, possible it isn't. Again, just nothing is officially set in stone.

That makes more sense.  Perhaps they want to slow down and play catch up, since so many people already took the OPA and even the PE.  Makes no sense to continue to send out PE a noticed until some classes from this year graduate.  Remember not everyone that goes to school car will actually graduate. 

6 hours ago, noekozz said:

That makes more sense.  Perhaps they want to slow down and play catch up, since so many people already took the OPA and even the PE.  Makes no sense to continue to send out PE a noticed until some classes from this year graduate.  Remember not everyone that goes to school car will actually graduate. 

In all fairness, this is the top of the list. 

Everyone wants this job. I guarantee you all but 2 or 3 out of 40 will graduate. 

This isn't like the train operators where it is a 50% rate. 

13 hours ago, kellgh said:

In all fairness, this is the top of the list. 

Everyone wants this job. I guarantee you all but 2 or 3 out of 40 will graduate. 

This isn't like the train operators where it is a 50% rate. 

The waiting list for the previous exam #8094 given in 2008 expired this past February.  I’m fully aware of the wait, not sure what you’re trying to imply here.  

1 hour ago, noekozz said:

The waiting list for the previous exam #8094 given in 2008 expired this past February.  I’m fully aware of the wait, not sure what you’re trying to imply here.  

He was saying that almost everyone, if not everyone, should pass schoolcar for C/R.

On 6/22/2018 at 5:49 PM, Bmpo7 said:

He was saying that almost everyone, if not everyone, should pass schoolcar for C/R.

That is 100% what I am saying. 

Out my class of 57, there were a few promotionals. They went back to their former titles.

54 people passed schoolcar and they are already on the road. 

What’s up guys? I just got back from vacation and got a letter in the mail for pre employment to come in on the 28th of this month. Seems like they are still sending them out. Any insight on what I should expect that day. Is it the same as OPA where first come in, first come out? Thanks. 

45 minutes ago, Nystateofmind056 said:

What’s up guys? I just got back from vacation and got a letter in the mail for pre employment to come in on the 28th of this month. Seems like they are still sending them out. Any insight on what I should expect that day. Is it the same as OPA where first come in, first come out? Thanks. 

What is it for drug test? If it’s for the drug test. I got there early was one of the first 4. you gotta fill out paper work and make sure you got your things u need in order. Quicker you do that the quicker you take drug test. it’s not the OPA, just the pre employment process. expect to be there for about a good 3-4 hours if you are on time. You might have to do the same thing again as the drug test is only good for 90 days. based on what I’m reading most likely cause mines is up in August and they are no where near my list number yet for the medical 🤦🏾‍♂️

6 hours ago, Riku said:

What is it for drug test? If it’s for the drug test. I got there early was one of the first 4. you gotta fill out paper work and make sure you got your things u need in order. Quicker you do that the quicker you take drug test. it’s not the OPA, just the pre employment process. expect to be there for about a good 3-4 hours if you are on time. You might have to do the same thing again as the drug test is only good for 90 days. based on what I’m reading most likely cause mines is up in August and they are no where near my list number yet for the medical 🤦🏾‍♂️

Don't they just do another drug test at medical? So annoying to have to continue to miss a day off of work every 90 days to go take a drug test IF it's true they aren't planning on hiring anymore until next year.

52 minutes ago, Bmpo7 said:

Don't they just do another drug test at medical? So annoying to have to continue to miss a day off of work every 90 days to go take a drug test IF it's true they aren't planning on hiring anymore until next year.

Be careful on the rumors you believe on these forums. This isn't the last class of the year, this is the last scheduled class, after that its on a as need basis. 

5 hours ago, Bmpo7 said:

That’s true I heard they do it at the medical too. MTA all over the place, with the pre Employment process. 

10 minutes ago, Sixgvd94 said:

List number one thousand thirty six here. Just got my second PE letter to come in tmm. Impatient but Just glad that my list number isnt like my FDNY list number lol

Mines is 1,554 so I’m definitely getting a second pre employment letter lol. And damn my list number for the FDNY is crazy too 40,000s ☠️☠️

11 minutes ago, Bmpo7 said:

When I got my 2nd PE letter the lady told me to disregard it. Are you guys receiving another PE letter because your 90 days are almost up? 

Side note: My FDNY list number is 5,3xx. Any chance I get it? 

When I called Ms. Vargas about the 2nd pre-employment letter she asked me my list number then after I told her she told me that I was sent the letter because my drug test was set to expire soon. 

So maybe u really was supposed to disregard it or maybe u should try calling again. Personally I would try calling again just to be sure.

33 minutes ago, Over1 said:

Anyone receive anything? Or know when the July class starts?

July class starts in two weeks. The 9th, I wanna know what list number they are up too but haven’t heard from anyone give a update on that. 

Hey what’s up everyone? I had a few questions and it would be very appreciated if I could get some answers. I took my OPA Conductor exam in May, when can I expect those results? Also for the test, the 2nd part, I was confused because we never received information to study so we would know “how to think like an operator”. Also they said get straight to the point. So I was confused as to how to answer or if maybe they testing us in our ability to speak English. Also what are the next steps? And was the OPA exam a number grade or pass/fail?

35 minutes ago, Mtaoperator30 said:

Hey what’s up everyone? I had a few questions and it would be very appreciated if I could get some answers. I took my OPA Conductor exam in May, when can I expect those results? Also for the test, the 2nd part, I was confused because we never received information to study so we would know “how to think like an operator”. Also they said get straight to the point. So I was confused as to how to answer or if maybe they testing us in our ability to speak English. Also what are the next steps? And was the OPA exam a number grade or pass/fail?

It took about 6 months for those of us who first took the assesment to get our results back so you'll probably hear back in October and it's pass/fail no numerical grade. Don't harp on how you phrased your answers, as long as you spoke clearly and your answer made sense then you should be fine.

Goodluck.

Edited by Jchambers2120

1 hour ago, Riku said:

July class starts in two weeks. The 9th, I wanna know what list number they are up too but haven’t heard from anyone give a update on that. 

When I asked the manager about 2 weeks ago, she told me they were most likely not going to get passed the current number: she said around 53x. She said very unlikely they pass that number for July class (I'm assuming because of all of the deferments from April and June). She also said she won't know until about a week or two after the July class begins whether or not there will be an August class, and that I should call again to find out. Lets cross our fingers and hope there is.

Side note: according to City-Data certification, as of 3/22/18 there were 200 vacancies, but as of 5/23/18 there were 500 vacancies. 

Edited by Bmpo7