Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Sally08 said:

Does anyone have the number for transit to inquire about the training classes? Or the date of the August training class? 

347-643-8229, then ask to be transferred to conductor hiring.

Edited by Bmpo7

Hey guys been following this forum for sometime. List #2,03* took OPA last year October/November , got the Pass notice in February. Hoping to get called atleast for PE within the next month or 2. Would that be a good estimate? 

Edited by Sfredo

4 minutes ago, Sfredo said:

Hey guys been following this forum for sometime. List #2,03* took OPA last year October/November , got the Pass notice in February. Hoping to get called atleast for PE within the next month or 2. Would that be a good estimate? 

Doubt it, highly unlikely. Maybe 2019 if they pick up the pace on filling up these classes 

1 hour ago, Sfredo said:

I’m in the same boat as you. Just FYI my list number is 180*and I haven’t gotten a letter in the mail yet for PE. I believe maybe end of the year or beginning of next year for us. My fingers are crossed that it’s quicker than that.

1 hour ago, Jay0989 said:

Thinking the same thing. I’m high 1300’s and my hopes for a 2018 start date has dwindled away. 

It'll all be worth the wait bro. For now lets just enjoy the summer, and then the holidays in November and December. It'll probably be the last summer and holidays we can enjoy for a while once we're in the MTA (God willing). 

26 minutes ago, Bmpo7 said:

It'll all be worth the wait bro. For now lets just enjoy the summer, and then the holidays in November and December. It'll probably be the last summer and holidays we can enjoy for a while once we're in the MTA (God willing). 

I said the something, might as well enjoy it. 

On 7/2/2018 at 9:29 PM, Bmpo7 said:

I think 1000-1500 would be early-mid 2019.

I went to pre employment on Friday and there was someone there with 15xx so everyone really needs to stop assuming and just be patient. My list number is 1146. The next class is for August 13th and whoever was there for pre employment was told to check their email between 3-90 days for medical..

On 6/26/2018 at 9:09 AM, dman1455 said:

Be careful on the rumors you believe on these forums. This isn't the last class of the year, this is the last scheduled class, after that its on a as need basis. 

What I said about August being the last class came straight from the mouth of a TSS.

I would also like to mention this: a lot of the new conductors have ended up on the board. 

This means, we are just waiting for someone to book sick, or be taken out of service.

It is possible they may delay the July / August classes or initiate a hiring freeze. 

Just be aware of this. 

To reiterate something that was said on here before...if your neck size is over 17 inches and your BMI is over 35, you will be placed on a medical hold. You need a sleep study in order to be cleared. Which involves you sleeping in a facility overnight. Until you do the study you won’t be able to move forward

10 hours ago, Maddog10 said:

To reiterate something that was said on here before...if your neck size is over 17 inches and your BMI is over 35, you will be placed on a medical hold. You need a sleep study in order to be cleared. Which involves you sleeping in a facility overnight. Until you do the study you won’t be able to move forward

I had to do this. 

I was able to get the hold cleared in one night. My neck wasn't there, but my BMI was.

I did not have sleep apnea. 

I am actually on the road now.