Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/5/2018 at 5:01 PM, Bmpo7 said:

FYI fam, for those for don't think they have a shot at C/R, or even if you do and want more options, looks like some good exams are coming out:

B/O - July 13
B/O - August 15
Station Agent - October 3

http://web.mta.info/nyct/hr/appexam.htm

This page is usually subject to change, but just be on the lookout for those.

I've taken 4 separate Bus Operator exams. I'm going to apply to these too. Let's see what happens.

Hey everyone, so i have to go back there tomorrow for a second drug test because mine is about to expire. & i would like to know if anyone that has gone back for another drug test had to fill out that packet again and what was your experience like. I really dont wanna sit there for forever and a day . Do they just bring you to the lab and you pee or i have to do everything all over again ? 

1 minute ago, Janelleeac said:

Hey everyone, so i have to go back there tomorrow for a second drug test because mine is about to expire. & i would like to know if anyone that has gone back for another drug test had to fill out that packet again and what was your experience like. I really dont wanna sit there for forever and a day . Do they just bring you to the lab and you pee or i have to do everything all over again ? 

Sorry but you are going to have to do everything all over again speaking from experience with my hiring process for exam 4105 (bus operator) reason being is the employment history expires as well everything has a expiration date only thing I did not have to do over was fingerprinting and hearing test reason being: it is good for a year 

10 minutes ago, Mr Marta said:

Sorry but you are going to have to do everything all over again speaking from experience with my hiring process for exam 4105 (bus operator) reason being is the employment history expires as well everything has a expiration date only thing I did not have to do over was fingerprinting and hearing test reason being: it is good for a year 

Thank you ! Btw did you have to take the BOSS exam for b/o . I literally just received a letter for that . If so, whats it like ? 

15 minutes ago, Mr Marta said:

Really all the paper work too? I know I’m gonna have to re take drug test soon

7 minutes ago, Janelleeac said:

Thank you ! Btw did you have to take the BOSS exam for b/o . I literally just received a letter for that . If so, whats it like ? 

I’m OA(MaBSTOA)...boss exam is only for TA (NYCTA) BUS Operators...the process is the same as conductor only thing difference is you don’t have to do that booklet that’s consider “homework”

2 minutes ago, Riku said:

Really all the paper work too? I know I’m gonna have to re take drug test soon

Yup everything...it was frustrating going to 180 early in the morning then wait 4-6 hours just to get your name call...but it will be worth it 

20 minutes ago, Mr Marta said:

I’m OA(MaBSTOA)...boss exam is only for TA (NYCTA) BUS Operators...the process is the same as conductor only thing difference is you don’t have to do that booklet that’s consider “homework”

Yup everything...it was frustrating going to 180 early in the morning then wait 4-6 hours just to get your name call...but it will be worth it 

I was reading a couple of pages before and someone who did a second drug test said he filled out the packet but they said they didnt need it . Ill keep ya posted 

On 7/7/2018 at 8:11 PM, kellgh said:

I had to do this. 

I was able to get the hold cleared in one night. My neck wasn't there, but my BMI was.

I did not have sleep apnea. 

I am actually on the road now. 

Oh thank goodness. I am on the path towards weight loss and have my medical this Thursday (list number early 600's). I was just nervous that I was going to lose a great opportunity while I'm on the journey of bettering myself.

2 hours ago, impatientAF said:

Oh thank goodness. I am on the path towards weight loss and have my medical this Thursday (list number early 600's). I was just nervous that I was going to lose a great opportunity while I'm on the journey of bettering myself.

Good luck on your medical! Hope everything goes well and you get the job.

19 hours ago, impatientAF said:

Can you let us know what day they plan on starting you after you got to medical? because that’s a early medical date for an August 13 start

2 hours ago, Ready2start said:

Can you let us know what day they plan on starting you after you got to medical? because that’s a early medical date for an August 13 start

She wasn't very specific on the phone. But she did say that she wanted me in to start filling up the August class.

Btw, anyone on here know how long medical takes? I am scheduled at 730 but also have to go to my shift the same day at 1130. Is this manageable? The job is maybe 10 minutes from 180 Linvingston so I feel like I might be able to make it in time. 

Am I delusional?

Edited by impatientAF
Misspelled

18 minutes ago, impatientAF said:

Btw, anyone on here know how long medical takes? I am scheduled at 730 but also have to go to my shift the same day at 1130. Is this manageable? The job is maybe 10 minutes from 180 Linvingston so I feel like I might be able to make it in time. 

Am I delusional?

You should take the day off if possible just to be on the safe side. 

So much for my username Jchambers, I was forced into the A division. Enjoying it so far though, the TSS's seem cool and helpful. Goodluck on your medical and enjoy your sleep until you start because trust me waking up 4am sucks lol and you better be on time. 

1 hour ago, impatientAF said:

Am I delusional?

Someone one here said one time they went in at 7 and got out at 4:30. Take the day off

56 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

You should take the day off if possible just to be on the safe side. 

So much for my username Jchambers, I was forced into the A division. Enjoying it so far though, the TSS's seem cool and helpful. Goodluck on your medical and enjoy your sleep until you start because trust me waking up 4am sucks lol and you better be on time. 

Did they allow anyone to pick the division that they wanted? 

Just out of curiosity:

If someone already did PE, can you still defer? 
Do I get to choose the date when I can defer to?
Is the job guaranteed at this point? Assuming passed medical and drug exam?

I only ask because I got a great job offer ($70k/yr starting off), but no job security. Just want to weigh my options.

1 hour ago, So2rue said:

Can anyone tell me how long is training / school before you start on the job on your own. I'm hoping I get into the August 13th class but not sure how long it is. 

Depends on division. School car A division is about 8 weeks and B division is 6 weeks. No matter what it’s about a month and change. after that you shadow a conductor for three days then you are on your own. 

32 minutes ago, Bmpo7 said:

Why don't you just defer when they do call you?

Ive thought about it, im just scared to miss the opportunity. Ive done two drug test and they said another 3-90 days. I just have a trip in august that i clearly cant miss ! Hopefully it all goes as planned 

22 minutes ago, Janelleeac said:

Ive thought about it, im just scared to miss the opportunity. Ive done two drug test and they said another 3-90 days. I just have a trip in august that i clearly cant miss ! Hopefully it all goes as planned 

2 drug test already and the list has been out since February?