Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/11/2018 at 8:49 AM, Mtahopeful121986 said:

Good luck to all! How far along are they on this list? And when can we expect another conductor exam

For  the next conductor exam , it is possible to be 10 years. The last conductor exam list  8094  started from 2008 and end on  2018.  6601 just started, some people in here are already working

So I suggest you find other positions  like me. Bus operator exam on dec. 12

wish you all luck.. 💪💪💪❤️lol 

for the list, they are still in the beginning, so long wait, I’m in the 13000. So tough luck 😭

Edited by mattfutureconductor5

3 minutes ago, mattfutureconductor5 said:

For  the next conductor exam , it is possible to be 10 years. The last conductor exam list  8094  started from 2008 and end on  2018.  6601 just started, some people in here are already working

So I suggest you find other positions  like me. Bus operator exam on dec. 12

wish you all luck.. 💪💪💪❤️lol 

for the list, they are still in the beginning, so long wait, I’m in the 13000. So tough luck 😭

I’m 155x shit lol. 

38 minutes ago, mattfutureconductor5 said:

If you in the winter class have fun with snow walking😂😂😂..I believe when they reach 13k , it probably the time bus company hired me, lol. Conductor make more than bus driver , why?

I don't think that's correct. I think B/O makes a little more than C/R. About $2.xx more per hour at max pay. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please. I'm on my phone and can't check.

43 minutes ago, Janelleeac said:

For anyone wondering i just received the medical for august 23 im in the 81x

CONGRATS!

Any update as to what number they are up to for PE? Anyone in the high thousands get called for PE? I called HR a little over a month ago and they said for my list number i should be fall. Just want to see where they are as of now if anyone can let me know. I’d appreciate it.

3 hours ago, Sfredo said:

CONGRATS!

Any update as to what number they are up to for PE? Anyone in the high thousands get called for PE? I called HR a little over a month ago and they said for my list number i should be fall. Just want to see where they are as of now if anyone can let me know. I’d appreciate it.

I’m list number 18** and I have yet to receive anything in the mail for PE. I believe the highest I’ve seen on this forum for PE is in the 1500’s. Hopefully we will be getting something in the mail for PE soon. 

3 minutes ago, nickynick86 said:

I’m list number 18** and I have yet to receive anything in the mail for PE. I believe the highest I’ve seen on this forum for PE is in the 1500’s. Hopefully we will be getting something in the mail for PE soon. 

Yeah I’m 1,55x I took my drug test months ago. I think for PE they gotta be at least on the 2,000s

15 minutes ago, nickynick86 said:

Really? Do you think I should call and find out because I have yet to receive anything for PE

Yes it doesn’t hurt at all to call and see. But normally they would send you a letter to start the PE process. Could still be filling in positions with these upcoming classes idk someone said there might be one more class this year. Before that I heard they do it every month. A lot of confusion but hopefully more people update us on where they are at. Now it looks like there’s a September class 

14 minutes ago, Riku said:

Yes it doesn’t hurt at all to call and see. But normally they would send you a letter to start the PE process. Could still be filling in positions with these upcoming classes idk someone said there might be one more class this year. Before that I heard they do it every month. A lot of confusion but hopefully more people update us on where they are at. Now it looks like there’s a September class 

Yea I’m gonna call and inquire just to be on the safe side. I’m just hoping they continue having classes for the rest of the year. Definitely glad it seems like there will be a Sept class. 

6 hours ago, Riku said:

My list number is 2,03* and have not received any PE as of yet hoong soon. I want to get the ball rolling ASAP

So i called and the woman and they sent letters up to 1,500 which is inconsistent to what @Riku said. So im guessing they dont know an exact number they are up and are giving estimates right now. 

The only reason my concern is because I am in the process of obtaining my investment licenses for a brokerage firm and upon acquiring these licenses which would be in the next month if I am not employed with them for at least 12 months after obtaining the licenses I would have to pay back the licensing contract which is upwards of $3000 so I am in a situation as to what I should do or not do at this point when it comes to obtaining these specific licenses.

I hold a position currently without the licenses and this was just an opportunity to leverage the position but I do not want to put myself in a financial situation when the time comes and the process starts to pick up again and get called.

1 minute ago, Sfredo said:

So i called and the woman and they sent letters up to 1,500 which is inconsistent to what @Riku said. So im guessing they dont know an exact number they are up and are giving estimates right now. 

The only reason my concern is because I am in the process of obtaining my investment licenses for a brokerage firm and upon acquiring these licenses which would be in the next month if I am not employed with them for at least 12 months after obtaining the licenses I would have to pay back the licensing contract which is upwards of $3000 so I am in a situation as to what I should do or not do at this point when it comes to obtaining these specific licenses.

I hold a position currently without the licenses and this was just an opportunity to leverage the position but I do not want to put myself in a financial situation when the time comes and the process starts to pick up again and get called.

Wow, so I’m guessing they haven’t moved into the 2,000 at all. They way it’s moving tho they might not send you a PE letter till like December. That’s if they having classes every month if not it’s going to be a long wait cause they are still around 800s. So Regarding your situation I would keep checking back cause someone with a list number I read that’s like 1300 they called and was told not to expect much until like spring so I’m not expecting a medical until like April the earliest. By then you should def get a PE letter but gonna have to still wait for medical because it’s based on list number. your best bet is to keep checking this forum. 

44 minutes ago, Sfredo said:

To piggyback off what @Riku said If Mta continues at the same rate with classes every month I do think you have a good chance of getting called before 12 months. It seems like they roughly are going through about 200 to get a full class each month so far. On  the other hand anything can happen where classes might not be held every month like they have been or there could even be a freeze. Being that there is no consistency it’s hard to predict the future. 

Edited by nickynick86

1 hour ago, Riku said:

Wow, so I’m guessing they haven’t moved into the 2,000 at all. They way it’s moving tho they might not send you a PE letter till like December. That’s if they having classes every month if not it’s going to be a long wait cause they are still around 800s. So Regarding your situation I would keep checking back cause someone with a list number I read that’s like 1300 they called and was told not to expect much until like spring so I’m not expecting a medical until like April the earliest. By then you should def get a PE letter but gonna have to still wait for medical because it’s based on list number. your best bet is to keep checking this forum. 

1 hour ago, Riku said:

Please note that sometimes MTA does not send out letter for PE in order.

@nickynick86 can u tell me what does and investment license have to do with MTA? Reason being I see so many post and some are patient and some are over the top. MTA has a way of getting potential candidates excited and it is all in vain. They call so many ppl down to HQ make them fill out all that paperwork do drug test and say wait for an email for medical..hahaha well if they are not up to your list number it will take forever for you to get called for ME. In my opinion this is their process...they call let’s say 50 candidates for PE and at this time nobody knows who will fail drug test. So that just creates a list of next come next served. Meaning we will start preparing candidates just in case someone falls out of the cue. Between drug test and medical hold you just don’t know how many ppl they need to fill a class. Bottom line the process is ridiculous. I went through the bs last year and it was all in vain. All I can say to everyone it’s nice to anticipate working with MTA but don’t hold your breath and live your life. 

10 minutes ago, TrueBlu said:

@nickynick86 can u tell me what does and investment license have to do with MTA? Reason being I see so many post and some are patient and some are over the top. MTA has a way of getting potential candidates excited and it is all in vain. They call so many ppl down to HQ make them fill out all that paperwork do drug test and say wait for an email for medical..hahaha well if they are not up to your list number it will take forever for you to get called for ME. In my opinion this is their process...they call let’s say 50 candidates for PE and at this time nobody knows who will fail drug test. So that just creates a list of next come next served. Meaning we will start preparing candidates just in case someone falls out of the cue. Between drug test and medical hold you just don’t know how many ppl they need to fill a class. Bottom line the process is ridiculous. I went through the bs last year and it was all in vain. All I can say to everyone it’s nice to anticipate working with MTA but don’t hold your breath and live your life. 

I think some people do get overly excited and anxious which is understandable. But I can tell by what others post that the way the MTA operates they seem to be all over the place. I have been waiting patiently but I also know that I can’t focus on it too much as things are always bound to change in a heartbeat.

23 minutes ago, TrueBlu said:

That’s true that’s what I’m doing now after I found out some of what u said I was pissed. Call u in just to get ur hopes up but more waiting. 

You guys are all absolutely right. We gotta keep in mind that theres pretty much no rhyme or rhythm to how the MTA moves so its best we just live our lives and enjoy our freedome until we hear something solid. Once we get through medical we’re good to go so until then dont make any changes 

1 hour ago, Riku said:

That’s true that’s what I’m doing now after I found out some of what u said I was pissed. Call u in just to get ur hopes up but more waiting. 

The wait game is real and if you never processed before they say ur drug test is good for 90 days but in my opinion they pick and choose who they wanna bring back for a second lab as they call it...lol Good luck to all candidates whom have a low list number...Also when you call they tell you whatever they think u wanna hear to get you off the phone. Your best option is checking your mailbox/email on a regular basis and be prepared when you get the news. MTA is just so damn competitive it makes no sense. Patience is the key so don’t wreck your brains...😂Getting that envelope is so exciting