Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

The part I dislike the most is they collect all your personal documents and you get no job lmao...I hope they shred ppl documents. They don’t want copies either smh they make u bring all originals and turn around and make copies..sick...just in case make sure you don’t have no parking tickets or pending court cases because they will turn you around ASAP...Also be prepared to know everything you been doing since you turned 18 yrs old...they want you to put everything on application and no gaps...speaking from experience...

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, JoelPZ said:

I did one in May, which will expire in a few days. After 90 days we should be given another appt. 

I know that im talking about the medical/final processing. I did another drug test in july because mine from april was set to expire . 

18 minutes ago, Janelleeac said:

I know that im talking about the medical/final processing. I did another drug test in july because mine from april was set to expire . 

A friend of mine was in the April class. He said that you don’t do another drug test, just blood, vision, ekg, etc. 

Edited by JoelPZ

Hello, I’m new here. I did speak to Ms. Vargas today and there in the 800’s. I also took a drug test in May. It’s only good for 90 days. My list number is in the 11**’s. She said maybe sometime in the winter. That’s sucks but at the same time promising. 

1 hour ago, Ayesha said:

Hello, I’m new here. I did speak to Ms. Vargas today and there in the 800’s. I also took a drug test in May. It’s only good for 90 days. My list number is in the 11**’s. She said maybe sometime in the winter. That’s sucks but at the same time promising. 

That’s good then means they actually moving into winter classes 

21 hours ago, JoelPZ said:

A friend of mine was in the April class. He said that you don’t do another drug test, just blood, vision, ekg, etc. 

There is no blood test/blood work. 

22 hours ago, Janelleeac said:

The urinalysis they use for medical is to check your blood sugar.

4 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Any updates on when they are going to resume the OPA selection of the test?

I highly doubt it's going to be anytime soon. They called up to 5000 for the OPA, up to around 1500ish for PE and around 800ish for School Car. It's my best guess that OPA won't be happening for at least a year if not more. They will probably start doing OPA again once they reach the late 3000's, early 4000's on the list. 

1 minute ago, dman1455 said:

I highly doubt it's going to be anytime soon. They called up to 5000 for the OPA, up to around 1500ish for PE and around 800ish for School Car. It's my best guess that OPA won't be happening for at least a year if not more. They will probably start doing OPA again once they reach the late 3000's, early 4000's on the list. 

Copy copy. Hopefully mid to late 2019 they can call the 2nd batch for OPA. 

Just now, Future ENY OP said:

Copy copy. Hopefully mid to late 2019 they can call the 2nd batch for OPA. 

Yeah when I went for the OPA back in June, the numbers were all over the place. I'm in the 48xx range and people were there in the same range at the 2xxx. I honestly have no idea what the game plan is for them.

Just now, dman1455 said:

Yeah when I went for the OPA back in June, the numbers were all over the place. I'm in the 48xx range and people were there in the same range at the 2xxx. I honestly have no idea what the game plan is for them.

Yeh, I heard. At one point they called a few people in the 7xxx range. I'm in the 9xxx range. So I see myself being called for OPA in mid to late 2019. I'm hoping that they do extend this list just like they did with the 8094 list. Lots of retirements going down in 2019/2020.

Just now, Future ENY OP said:

Yeh, I heard. At one point they called a few people in the 7xxx range. I'm in the 9xxx range. So I see myself being called for OPA in mid to late 2019. I'm hoping that they do extend this list just like they did with the 8094 list. Lots of retirements going down in 2019/2020.

Not too sure if this affects the hiring right, correct me if I'm wrong. Once they extend the G full length that will require C/R's at all times. (No more OPTO weekends and late nights) Also the M extended to 96th street late nights and weekends (Has to be full length, no way 4 car OPTO from Metro to 96) So they will need C/R's for the G and M more. 

8 minutes ago, dman1455 said:

Not too sure if this affects the hiring right, correct me if I'm wrong. Once they extend the G full length that will require C/R's at all times. (No more OPTO weekends and late nights) Also the M extended to 96th street late nights and weekends (Has to be full length, no way 4 car OPTO from Metro to 96) So they will need C/R's for the G and M more. 

You may have a good point there. Let's see what happens once the (L) shuts down in April.

Also hopefully the (G) could go back on the Queens Blvd local to Continental & 71st. (I dunno how that would work).

(M) extended to 96th... I find that very weird. However, this is the (MTA) for you..

19 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Also hopefully the (G) could go back on the Queens Blvd local to Continental & 71st. (I dunno how that would work).

(M) extended to 96th... I find that very weird. However, this is the (MTA) for you..

With the (M) receiving increased service next year, the (G) is not going back to 71 Ave. 

But, if they need more C/Rs, this is good as the list will move faster.

1 hour ago, S78 via Hylan said:

With the (M) receiving increased service next year, the (G) is not going back to 71 Ave. 

But, if they need more C/Rs, this is good as the list will move faster.

The G will be extended to either Jamaica-179 or Continental to help the R. M will be going from Metropolitan to 96th

32 minutes ago, AngelRC said:

No it will. With the M going to 96 St, the R will be needing help in Queens corridor, hence why the G is being extended

The M is only going to 96 on weekends and late nights when the regular terminal is Essex/Myrtle. QBL doesn't need additional trains while CBTC is being installed.