Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Sixgvd94 said:

The next class for conducters is December 30th. Literally just been shown the paper work saying so. 

What's the word for pre-testing?. Last I heard they were all over the place with the numbers possibly up to 7000 for pre-testing. However it was more of the 5000 and 6000 ranges? (Correct)

17 minutes ago, 123melvin said:

Anyone here can tell me? I got a packet to come in with initial paper work.  But I already did this. I assume it if for my second drug test. The last one I took was october.  Do i have to fill this up again?

What’s ur list number?

On 9/19/2018 at 7:30 AM, autocruzer said:

Yeah, I took my first PE Drug Test in April, then they called me back in the middle of July to take it again. There are people up to the 800s in the school car and my list# is in the 900s so I'm optimistic. They need a lot of train personnel so we should get our shot soon.

When you went for the second drug test. Did you have to fill out the pre-employment packet again?

5 hours ago, 123melvin said:

Cool, I did the pre employment back in like May. But I’m 155x so I’m guessing I have to do another drug test like you. When they get real close to my number. So I guess if u going now that means u expected to get called within 3 months 

Just now, Riku said:

Cool, I did the pre employment back in like May. But I’m 155x so I’m guessing I have to do another drug test like you. When they get real close to my number. So I guess if u going now that means u expected to get called within 3 months 

I hope so. Wanted to know if I had to fill out that dam packet again.

Has anyone who deferred ever requested to get back on the list?

I deferred some months back and am thinking about asking to get back on the list.

I am wondering what you had to do and how quickly you got back on the list.

Thanks.

10 hours ago, Dred said:

Has anyone who deferred ever requested to get back on the list?

I deferred some months back and am thinking about asking to get back on the list.

I am wondering what you had to do and how quickly you got back on the list.
Thanks.

The easiest thing to do is to email them, click here for more details. As far as how quickly, it all depends on when the Human Resources office calls down the next "batch" of candidates. Keep in mind that when they do, your list number stays the same, so you'll have an advantage over someone who has a higher list number than you.

9 minutes ago, VIP said:

I believe they stopped that. You’re up for a second round of PE?? 

Im saying im waiting on pre employment i know they got up too 1600 with that but if they have a class next month and the next couple months i should get called for paper work soon since my number is 203*

1 minute ago, Sfredo said:

Im saying im waiting on pre employment i know they got up too 1600 with that but if they have a class next month and the next couple months i should get called for paper work soon since my number is 203*

You have awhile to go. And pre employment is literally a 6-8 month process. Don’t be surprised when they invite you back to pre employment a second time. 

2 minutes ago, VIP said:

You have awhile to go. And pre employment is literally a 6-8 month process. Don’t be surprised when they invite you back to pre employment a second time. 

That’s what I’m waiting for cause I did PE in May and they aren’t close to my list number just yet 155x. So I’m expecting if they go at the pace before to get a second PE around March 

On 11/25/2018 at 9:36 PM, Yks747 said:

I am currently in the Dept. of Buses. I have wanted to go into Subways for a while. But I recently heard from two colleagues that it’s not a good job.  

One was a conductor for 4 months , the other a TO for eight months. Both started in buses, left for subways, and came back. Maybe it’s not a better job as I had thought??I figured less liability and dealing with people, than being a BO.  Yes, I know conductors have to deal with people too. But I figured not as much as BOs.  Plus I figured the TO never deals with people. My colleague said otherwise.  Both said that subways is a completely different animal, worse working conditions, low morale and less pay. Their words, not mine.

Anyone have personal knowledge or experience, or know people with knowledge/experience on which job is better? Subways or buses? Should I stay in buses, or try subways? 

Plus, I was originally told I can take a year off from Buses to try another division, and go back if I wanted. But recently I was told I can’t, bc I’m OA, not TA.  No one seems to know for sure if I can take a year break or not to try subways; I get conflicting info.  I don’t want to give up Buses if subways isn’t a better job. Plus there’s no guarantee I’ll pass training or probation. Then if I leave Buses and can’t go back, I’m screwed.

Any wisdom appreciated.

First thing first what’s your main goal? Whatever your main goal is base it around that..if you can’t stand the people on the bus then go to train (one of the main reasons why I wanted to switch over as well) I have two friends and both are conductors they love the fact that they don’t have to deal with what we go through: lyft uber dollar cabs taxis trucks ups fed ex sanitation all trying to cut us off on the road just to catch a light a fare or etc. Only thing that’s annoying is when they get to the EOL they have to wake up the homeless people that are sleeping in the car....pick your poison there are pro’s and con’s with both sides,I felt the same way (as I stated before) but I made the choice to just stay in buses why? Well because my main goal is to be promoted and make more money/work less (another words work smart not hard) yes T/O make more then B/O and B/O make more and top out more then train conductors and T/O don’t have to deal with customers like us B/O but we can move up to dispatchers getting paid $46/hr (don’t quote me not the exact amount but I’m 100% sure that’s the top pay) now you know what they do, they be at their post on the corner or in their car giving us short signs or go dark to the relief point other then that they do nothing  they deal with no customers and they get paid more,granted you can move up to from C/R to tower control T/O assistant dispatcher  and not deal with customers but since you already in the door the next level is just around the corner!that’s my wisdom to you...

oh and I’m not sure the person name (and I don’t feel like scrolling through the threads lol) but to defer all you have to do is just go down to 180 in person with your PE letter signed and checked “decline” they will make a copy of the letter..keep in mind you can only defer three times out the length the list was established, and when ever you do decide to accept the offer you got to wait until a opening is available but before that you have to inform the HR rep that’s in charge of C/R hiring im pretty sure you know who that is (if not her name is Ms.Vargas)...good luck to everyone and just have patience