Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/24/2018 at 4:03 PM, Riku said:

Same I don’t need them to read or see things right in front of me but other than that I’m blind as bat lol 

Im blind too and i went with my glasses on and did the vision test with them on. When u start theyll give u a form at the union hall so u can get safety glasses with ur prescription . & as far as ur packet they can give u another 

37 minutes ago, Janelleeac said:

Im blind too and i went with my glasses on and did the vision test with them on. When u start theyll give u a form at the union hall so u can get safety glasses with ur prescription . & as far as ur packet they can give u another 

Awesome thanks!

On 12/24/2018 at 4:42 PM, The Batcave said:

Wow, just was checking back to see if anyone responded to my post about hearing anything for the Dec class and I see someone saying they got their letter for medical... not even 5 mins later there was letter in my inbox!

Can you please tell us your list number

So yall wanna hear about this end of the yr gag?! MTA called (after sending me an email to come in for final processing) & said sorry but we've filled up the class, maybe next time! I was half asleep so I was like "wait, wtf do you mean" she goes "it was a last min decision to increase the class size and so that's why you got the notice to come in so late and we called in more people than needed because it was a holiday weekend and we didnt know how many people would show up" 😑 I. Could. Not. Believe. It. Hopefully, I still have a job monday morning. #BadBusiness 

@The Batcave, that's crazy.

I don't understand how a public agency can just decide to increase or decrease its hires (school car class) at the very last minute.  It would be nice if they were consistent and decided to have classes of a consistent size for a year at a time.

Good luck with your current (old) job.  

And hopefully you will make the next class.

This should be a good gig when and if you get it, but the recruitment process is messed up.

2 minutes ago, Far Rock Depot said:

you don't.  Not long from now the boots truck will come to schoolcar.  That's when you'll get your boots. 

Thats wierd cuz the supervisor was saying that we need to order ourselves today so we can get it for friday cuz we need them to climb the train 

2 minutes ago, Sixgvd94 said:

Thats wierd cuz the supervisor was saying that we need to order ourselves today so we can get it for friday cuz we need them to climb the train 

Really?  I wonder when that started.  I was in school car back in 2014 and the truck came there so we can get our boots. 

1 hour ago, Far Rock Depot said:

Really?  I wonder when that started.  I was in school car back in 2014 and the truck came there so we can get our boots. 

The papers that they gave when u got sworn in should say how to order, nomore truck. Its all on the website safeguard or something like that . 

Hey Everybody according to the “Open Source” my list number is 26XX

Its officially Jan 1st is there a time frame for when I should expect anything?

Not sure of the acronyms but I haven’t received any medical, drug test, pre employment or anything else that I’ve read in the forums

Any info will be greatly appreciated 

Thanks guys & gals.

Hey All!

I gave a call to DCAS today and the information they gave to me is as follows:

Last appointed: 898

Last certified 3,153

I do believe that these numbers may be old especially the appointees. I feel they have appointed more by reading and following this forum.

3 hours ago, Sfredo said:

Hey All!

I gave a call to DCAS today and the information they gave to me is as follows:

Last appointed: 898

Last certified 3,153

I do believe that these numbers may be old especially the appointees. I feel they have appointed more by reading and following this forum.

Yea that definitely has to be old bcuz im bet.1000 & 1100 and they just called me in start but then took it back bcuz the latest class had just filled up

Hey All

Is there any way to tell what number they are up to on the list?

Is the OPA BEFORE the Pre-Employment?

How long after the OPA do you get your results?

How long after OPA do you do the drug test?

I really been just trying to just go through 2018  without stressing.

My list number is 26XX...any chance to get called in for spring or is it way to early 

Sorry for all the questions but please I’m really lost with all of this 

Tried calling DCAS and automated system hangs up after punching SS and Test #

Thanks everyone 

26 minutes ago, DoughShad said:

Hey All

Is there any way to tell what number they are up to on the list?

Is the OPA BEFORE the Pre-Employment?

How long after the OPA do you get your results?

How long after OPA do you do the drug test?

I really been just trying to just go through 2018  without stressing.

My list number is 26XX...any chance to get called in for spring or is it way to early 

Sorry for all the questions but please I’m really lost with all of this 

Tried calling DCAS and automated system hangs up after punching SS and Test #

Thanks everyone 

Last list hire that I heard is 898

OPA is before pre-employment. Took me 6 months after opa to get results. It pass or fail. 

At pre-employment you also do drug testing. I got called back for second pre-employment and drug testing 7 months after I did it the first time.

My list # is 12**. And I have been to pre-employment and drug testing 2 times. The people at the hiring office said you will have to do it every 3 months until they call you for medical and bring the homework back. If you have not even done the opa. I think spring is to soon for you. 

Hey they probably won't call me for medical until summer.

Hope that helps you.....

Hi there all........ Time to pay it forward.......

I'm in school car now.....the 12/31 class.... I'm list#103X.... I was one of the last ones appointed. The highest list# in this class is #1041. This class is filled with more than a few pre -list#898 that was last reported to be the last # appointed on this thread. The reason for that I'm guessing is because they didn't have any classes for October and November and this is the class to catch up and get in. Most if not all were because of medical holds that were cleared and those that had to get proper paper work....correct spelling on Birth Certificates, ID - Driver Licenses, and etc... Also in this class are a few reinstatement.....C/Rs coming back from workers comp and some promotionals. Not sure about the promotionals, but for sure the reinstatements do not have list#

Just saying..... Not to call anyone out, but I guess I am....... there are a bunch of people in this class that either outright or tip toed mentioning this thread...forum and not giving back. I was guilty of it and why I stated pay it forward in my first sentence and am now registered to post instead of just lurking. This Great Forum only works if people contribute and the reason why you're walking around and referencing this wealth of knowledge. Yeah......in school car, they're bombarding us with info and studying material and traveling, but please let's help and contribute...... This thread was off the hook with crazy info earlier before....let's keep feeding it.......

Just saying.......

4 hours ago, The Batcave said:

Yea that definitely has to be old bcuz im bet.1000 & 1100 and they just called me in start but then took it back bcuz the latest class had just filled up

IF.......for any consolation, you'll definitely be in the next class and will have one of top list #s........ this is important because you'll be able to pick your division.... A or B.

In the 12/31 Class....which is right around 60........you will be broken down to sub-classes of 10. Those sub-classes you will either go to A or B Division. In this class there is only 1 A Division class and 5 B Division classes. Everybody got shoved into B division once A was filled..........

On 1/1/2019 at 8:12 PM, Sixgvd94 said:

Safgard.com/mtanyct

Create your account with your pass and BSC ID. They're really quick with shipping. 

On 1/1/2019 at 8:16 PM, Far Rock Depot said:

Yeah, we get our footwear online now. The contract with the old shoe supplier expired so now we're with Safgard. 

5 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

Safgard.com/mtanyct

Create your account with your pass and BSC ID. They're really quick with shipping. 

Yeah, we get our footwear online now. The contract with the old shoe supplier expired so now we're with Safgard. 

Thank you for the update.  I didn't hear about that.