Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

8094 is hiring applicants who score 85%. Wow, that mean i may get in.

Whoever say they hire 95 and up

It is so wrong.

A friend of mine is a station agent, he say the higher score will be called in first. If the list is not expired, more vacanies happen, they will need to select people that has an 85-91.

Bus driver need a three year license, so i have to wait at least two years to take it.

How many people took the test, we dont know , so stop making numbers up

I see 33,000,41,000, now 45,000

Edited by mattfutureconductor5

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bus driver need a three year license, so i have to wait at least two years to take it.

Not necessarily...according to the Notice of Examinations for B/O Exam 2613 (which is finished), B/O Exam 4600 & B/O Exam 3101, all of them say that "At the time of appointment (aka when you physically go down to 180 Livingston Street), you must possess either either a valid Class B CDL or a regular Driver's License for a total of three [3] years. With that said, I would strongly encourage you to take it, because, as a result of taking the initial exam and waiting for our list numbers in the mail, that itself will probably take a year, and then you would just have to wait another year for them to invite you down to Livingston Street.

The way this is going....I think I'm smelling a 'Class Action' in the future. Why have people pay and take these NEW tests if you don't intend on calling them anytime soon. Most of us were under the assumption that soon they'll reach out to 6601 now this bull$#!

yeah, and people who scored 85 are getting called from 8094. were screwed guys, we payed MTA a good change of money to hire of 8094.

45,000 x $65 (application fee) = $2,925,000

YOURE WELCOME MTA

The way this is going....I think I'm smelling a 'Class Action' in the future. Why have people pay and take these NEW tests if you don't intend on calling them anytime soon. Most of us were under the assumption that soon they'll reach out to 6601 now this bull$#!

You're probably smelling something else then. To say that it would be foolish for a group of people to file a class action lawsuit against the MTA over this would be an understatement. On the NOE and on the TA website it states when the list is established our results will be mailed and once our name is reached on the eligible list we'll be called down. You can only sue if they don't call/hire 1 name off the list. It would be incredibly asinine to sue, a judge would probably just laugh and throw the case out and your lawyers would collect their easy check regardless.

Keep in mind it took about 3 years from the test date for someone to be hired off of 8094, so our wait seems reasonable. It's just infuriating that they would offer employment to people who "just passed" when they gave out a promotional exam almost two years ago which should have been graded by now smh. Ridiculous.

It is just very frustrating, but really nothing we can do.

Good points, @JChambers.

A lawsuit isn't the answer. Filing for other exams while waiting for this one is a better strategy. Taking a good job that's offered to you while you're waiting, or focusing on your current job while you wait, should also help.

Like JChambers said the smell is something else.

MTA was sued for skipping over 8094 once they switched from Dcas administrating their test. So they've learned their lesson. My many thing is you guys on the 6601 list are stressing yourself for no reason. You guys haven't even got list numbers yet, believe me it only gets more stressful. So if anything save it for when it's valid y'all just took that test.

I know that's right. I'm waiting for my results as well but I'm not stressing it. I'm just going to take more exams as they open up. I have 2 friends who took the station agent exam and they're starting in a few weeks, I'm so proud of them. . My fiancé is also a bus operator and he waited a few years to get called back as well. Nothing is official until you get that letter in your hand with your results and list number. It's a waiting game.

Edited by Bluberry

Not necessarily...according to the Notice of Examinations for B/O Exam 2613 (which is finished), B/O Exam 4600 & B/O Exam 3101, all of them say that "At the time of appointment (aka when you physically go down to 180 Livingston Street), you must possess either either a valid Class B CDL or a regular Driver's License for a total of three [3] years. With that said, I would strongly encourage you to take it, because, as a result of taking the initial exam and waiting for our list numbers in the mail, that itself will probably take a year, and then you would just have to wait another year for them to invite you down to Livingston Street.

Oh now that make better sense, but there is two positionfor bus driver

One is nyct

The second is maBSTOA

What is the difference?

I am taking the exam in may so once i graduate college,mta can hired me.

Which position is in brooklyn,

Thanks for letting me know. Good luck to all. Mta alway hiring process is like traffic.

Most likely all of you who score over 95 will be hired in late 2018 and early 2019,

Good luck to all.

Take other exam to have a few back up plans.

Why the conductor point at something st every station.?

I contact them, here what their repsonse is

For Conductor, Exam # 6601: if you kept a record of answers, you will be able to calculate your score by checking the answer key, Click on the link and it will take you to the website for the proposed answer keys: http://web.mta.info/nyct/hr/proposed_answerkey.htm

Your official score will be mailed to you when the list is established in about one year.

Does anyone know what the wage for this position is?  I can't seem to locate the NOE for this job and I thought it said somewhere around 19 and change.  however the union site for twu 100 on the wage table says for conductor is 29 and change, so I'm a bit confused, if anyone can clarify or explain that would be great. thanks.

Does anyone know what the wage for this position is?  I can't seem to locate the NOE for this job and I thought it said somewhere around 19 and change.  however the union site for twu 100 on the wage table says for conductor is 29 and change, so I'm a bit confused, if anyone can clarify or explain that would be great. thanks.

Here is my research for the salary or wage

A few conductors make more than $100,000/year

Starting salaries for conductors are currently about $20/hr, with top pay at $29/hr after 3 years. There is time-and-a-half overtime once you work more than 8 hours a day, and there is LOTS of overtime opportunities for those who want it.

There are some conductors who make $100,000+ a year. However, they are at top pay, work 6 days a week, 12 hours a day and have no life outside of work. The average senior conductor makes about $65K a year.

link

alopnik.com/5851714/conductor-secretly-reveals-gruesome-side-of-new-york-city-subway/

You are going to make whatever the current pay rate is for conductors when you start. So if it goes up to be $40/hr (hypothetical) in two years and you start then, you will start at $40.

@Seven, true, but it's more complicated than that.

Conductors have a 5-year progression to top salary, and it's roughly a $10/hour spread.

So the starting wage in 2-3 years when people get called off this list might be, let's say, $22 per hour. Top pay will be roughly $32 per hour, and every year your hourly base rate (that hourly figure referenced above) should go up roughly $2 per hour.

Wages will always increase based on new labor contracts, night/weekend hours, daily OT beyond 8 hours worked in a shift, special duties like flagging, etc.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for letting me know. Good luck to all. Mta alway hiring process is like traffic.

Most likely all of you who score over 95 will be hired in late 2018 and early 2019,

Good luck to all.

Take other exam to have a few back up plans.

Why the conductor point at something st every station.?

If you got a 92.5, when can you expect to be called up (if at all)?

@ Ren, I think that requires a lot of speculation.

We need to see what list numbers (range) that score will achieve.

Hopefully the official list will issue soon, now that Transit has apparently processed most people from the promotional list.

Probably far more people took this exam than any prior conductor exam. We need to see how people actually performed and what the final scores are and, above all, how fast they hire from this list.

@ Ren, I think that requires a lot of speculation.

We need to see what list numbers (range) that score will achieve.

Hopefully the official list will issue soon, now that Transit has apparently processed most people from the promotional list.

Probably far more people took this exam than any prior conductor exam. We need to see how people actually performed and what the final scores are and, above all, how fast they hire from this list.

I saw those threads too and I would take everything said there with a grain of salt. The promotional exam was established last month she said only 60 people were called and now they're up to 500 out of 680? That doesn't make any sense. Not trying to be a Debbie downer, just realistic that's all.

Truth be told I'm just glad there's some movement and they're using the promotional now. I've been so busy with school and taking other exams I didn't even know they started calling from the promotional list, I thought they were still on 8094.

Looks like we'll finally get our official scores next year, are you taking the Train Operator exam?