Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont think they can just change their mind, they will have a major law suit if they extended it and dont call from it. my opinion is that maybe the promos started bitching so they going to call from promo list and then once they are finished with that they will call again for 8094 until feb 18'. this is just assumptions.

I know personally from TWO colleagues that have been called up for drug testing during the past couple of weeks for C/R Promo. That to me is a sign that 8094 is over or about to be over very soon. Several C/R's that came in to post the past couple of weeks didn't have any idea if they were still calling from their 8094 list. Ones that came in before them said they were still calling classes from 8094.

@Xentor,

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

I would be shocked if Transit returned to the 8094 list after completing the promotional hiring, but they can do what they want. I don't think they would have any legal concerns with ending the 8094 list at any point, any more than they had when they extended the list a few months ago.

I think it's more likely that Transit will move on to the new open competitive list once it completes processing promotional conductors who passed that exam.

I suspect Transit will issue the official 6601 list by July 1st.

I suspect the MTA is going continue hiring like crazy. there are so many people with 25+ years down here it ain't a thing (this includes people not physically involved in RTO like C/R's & T/O's). Not to mention the amount of people that will be approaching retirement in the next 5 years. I wouldn't be surprised if 6601 is extended several times over like 8094. The new contract has also sprinkled a few things here and there that may make it even sweeter to retire asap. Kids still in school, unpaid properties, working up higher salaries for tier 4 retirements and insurance for family members are the top things keeping some people working in Transit imo. Very few people stick around for the pure enjoyment of it all regardless of what they say lol. Ridership is high or higher regardless of fare increases, I suspect the MTA may even make a move to increase service on some lines. So I'd say people on this list need to start making plans. I hope my seldomly shared opinions shed some light.

@Xentor,

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

I would be shocked if Transit returned to the 8094 list after completing the promotional hiring, but they can do what they want. I don't think they would have any legal concerns with ending the 8094 list at any point, any more than they had when they extended the list a few months ago.

I think it's more likely that Transit will move on to the new open competitive list once it completes processing promotional conductors who passed that exam.

I suspect Transit will issue the official 6601 list by July 1st.

Hello no, i believe the list will be established dec and then 2018 the peocess begins

41,000 or more took it. Not everyone will get in.

EVERYBODY , THERE IS BUS EXAM, TAKE IT FOR YOUR BACK UP.

APPLICATION BEGN SOON, I AM GOING TO TAKE IT. PEOPLE SAY THEY HIRED FASTER THAN CONDUCTOR SO WHY NOT.

YOU MUST HAVE A LEARNER PERMIT OR CDL B WITH PASSENGER ENDORSEMENT at the time of appointmenr

Edited by mattfutureconductor5

I suspect the MTA is going continue hiring like crazy. there are so many people with 25+ years down here it ain't a thing (this includes people not physically involved in RTO like C/R's & T/O's). Not to mention the amount of people that will be approaching retirement in the next 5 years. I wouldn't be surprised if 6601 is extended several times over like 8094. The new contract has also sprinkled a few things here and there that may make it even sweeter to retire asap. Kids still in school, unpaid properties, working up higher salaries for tier 4 retirements and insurance for family members are the top things keeping some people working in Transit imo. Very few people stick around for the pure enjoyment of it all regardless of what they say lol. Ridership is high or higher regardless of fare increases, I suspect the MTA may even make a move to increase service on some lines. So I'd say people on this list need to start making plans. I hope my seldomly shared opinions shed some light.

Hey xento, do you think a 91 will go in?

I am afraid that when they called me the bus company Will call me the same month,

Do you think it worth it to take the bus exam?

Since conductor is so competitive

Pm me

Good point about bus operator positions.

They do tend to hire very quickly, and the training is straightforward - a 2-week initial training/practical exam. If you pass that then you're training on the bus lines at your depot.

Try to get your commercial license first, at your own expense, if you pursue that. Much less pressure on you, because you won't have another test hanging over you.

Bus drivers have some nice break areas and can make very good money.

Good point about bus operator positions.

They do tend to hire very quickly, and the training is straightforward - a 2-week initial training/practical exam. If you pass that then you're training on the bus lines at your depot.

Try to get your commercial license first, at your own expense, if you pursue that. Much less pressure on you, because you won't have another test hanging over you.

Bus drivers have some nice break areas and can make very good money.

I can get a learner permit and they will trained me to drive the bus.

They trained new driver around stillwell avenue.

I believe they should add gps routes on buses because it so hard to remember stops. For conductor is different because you have the street stop line with you.,

This is the email i got back from them and the question i asked with the date, so highly unlikely they started it in 2 days after i emailed them ????

For Conductor, Exam # 6601: if you kept a record of answers, you will be able to calculate your score by checking the answer key, Click on the link and it will take you to the website for the proposed answer keys: http://web.mta.info/nyct/hr/proposed_answerkey.htm

Your official score will be mailed to you when the list is established in about a year to 18 months.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2017 3:14 PM

To: Exams Unit

Subject: 6601

any update on conductor exam 6601?

Sent from my iPhone

@Niku, that's their standard response.

However, they're almost done with processing the promotional exam and it's highly unlikely they'll go back to 8094.

The short answer is we won't know until the list actually issues.

They're not almost done the Promo was established in Feburary. There's 680 names on that list is doubt it would take 18 months, but 12 from now sounds about right.

I do wish that "mattfuture" guy would stop with the misinformation.

Mta send me those information, you do not want to be hired quickly?

The response from mta exam unit:

We cannot provide you an estimate time frame because we are currently working on the scores, and on getting the list established.

We are hoping to establish the list towards the end of the summer. Once the list is established and you get your list number you will be able to determine where you stand on the list.

Send by mta exam unit.

Sorry yeah false update.

They're not almost done the Promo was established in Feburary. There's 680 names on that list is doubt it would take 18 months, but 12 from now sounds about right.

I do wish that "mattfuture" guy would stop with the misinformation.

Mta send me those information, you do not want to be hired quickly?

The response from mta exam unit:

We cannot provide you an estimate time frame because we are currently working on the scores, and on getting the list established.

We are hoping to establish the list towards the end of the summer. Once the list is established and you get your list number you will be able to determine where you stand on the list.

Send by mta exam unit.

I still have the email but you can send image in here ,lol

Folks, please stop with the false information and speculation. Let the process do its thing.

Any more false info, and warnings will be handed out.

It not fake , it from mta how is that fake?

How can we get fake information , oh mta has mole, umm these infomation is what mta reply me, dont say it is fake if you know nothing!

I email them last night and they replied to me saying they working on 6601 exam.

That is good news.

How many people took it?

It take like three month going through each exams.

So they cant work 8094 and 6601 at the same time umm,

Do your thinking please and thank you