Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It not fake , it from mta how is that fake?

How can we get fake information , oh mta has mole, umm these infomation is what mta reply me, dont say it is fake if you know nothing!

I email them last night and they replied to me saying they working on 6601 exam.

That is good news.

How many people took it?

It take like three month going through each exams.

So they cant work 8094 and 6601 at the same time umm,

Do your thinking please and thank you

If the list is done by end of summer who will be like omg matt is right!

Stop. It's not that serious.

I'm pretty sure we all know that they're working on the list(I also took the test).

I understand where you're coming from, but, until there's confirmed word and proof that it's going to be done by the summer, keep the rumors and hearsay to a minimum.

Edited by Cait Sith

matt did you take the nypd exam 7323?

Yes

Can someone tell me why they switch the bus operator exam, it called "BOSS"

It is a survey, not a exam . Is that the same for mta conductor next four years?

Are they that desperated to hire bus driver?

Edited by mattfutureconductor5

@MattFutureConductor,

Applicants for MTA bus driver positions have to take two written tests before they can move on to drug testing/physical exam. First the regular aptitude test, that mostly measures how well you read and understand English. Then the BOSS exam, which is a written psyche exam. The BOSS exam is intended to keep people who are angry and have bad attitudes from becoming NYCT bus drivers. It asks lots of the same questions in different ways, and you have to answer them quickly in order to finish the test.

If Transit doesn't like your answers on the BOSS you won't move forward even if you passed the written exam.

@MattFutureConductor,

Applicants for MTA bus driver positions have to take two written tests before they can move on to drug testing/physical exam. First the regular aptitude test, that mostly measures how well you read and understand English. Then the BOSS exam, which is a written psyche exam. The BOSS exam is intended to keep people who are angry and have bad attitudes from becoming NYCT bus drivers. It asks lots of the same questions in different ways, and you have to answer them quickly in order to finish the test.

If Transit doesn't like your answers on the BOSS you won't move forward even if you passed the written exam.

Thank you, wow that is harsh!

I see a lot of bus driver get pissed and start yelling at their phone before. A bus drvier slammed a door right on my face.

I can see why they dont want people that get angry. But how these people get hired, they lied?

Thank you, wow that is harsh!

I see a lot of bus driver get pissed and start yelling at their phone before. A bus drvier slammed a door right on my face.

I can see why they dont want people that get angry. But how these people get hired, they lied?

Sad thing is my regular license is not three years so i will have to wait for at least two more years

It require a motor driver license or a cdl for three years stated in the pdf.

This is the email i got back from them and the question i asked with the date, so highly unlikely they started it in 2 days after i emailed them

For Conductor, Exam # 6601: if you kept a record of answers, you will be able to calculate your score by checking the answer key, Click on the link and it will take you to the website for the proposed answer keys: http://web.mta.info/nyct/hr/proposed_answerkey.htm

Your official score will be mailed to you when the list is established in about a year to 18 months.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2017 3:14 PM

To: Exams Unit

Subject: 6601

any update on conductor exam 6601?

Sent from my iPhone

Send theim email pressured them then a new reply ,lol

I send them many emails not frequently, a few time each month, going to email them again when it hit august.

They say nothing about extending 8094 again , hopefuly that list expired.

I got a 91, almost 1000 or more probably scored higher than me.

My wait's estimation will be four to five year.

I got a 91, almost 1000 or more probably scored higher than me.

My wait's estimation will be four to five year.

I got 92.5. Hopefully the protest session will bump it up a little higher. How do you figure your wait will take four to five years?

I hope this doesn't fall too far into the area of speculation - I think there are two factors that will determine how soon we will get hired: when the official list issues and the pace of hiring. If Transit hires at the pace it did when processing the most recent people on the 8094 list, and keeps hiring at that pace, then people who scored well might be in school car within a year or less of the list issuing.

Remember that the 8094 list moved very slowly in part because of a hiring freeze that lasted several years and began shortly after that test took place.

On the other hand something like 35,000 people took this exam, far more than 8094, so the sheer number of applicants can slow down the process.

I got 92.5. Hopefully the protest session will bump it up a little higher. How do you figure your wait will take four to five years?

I have people that i know in mta, they say it can take at least five years to get in for some people. Other can take about two years.. if anyone has a chance, ask the train conductor, and tell me what they says.

I am not going to take the bus operator, i beleive sanitation exam coming out next year.

Too bad that i am deaf, i will have join the army if i wasnt deaf.

So I was reading in the Chief News Paper that the promotional exam 5716 list was established on February 1st, at the same time extending 8094 for another year.  I also read on another forum here that out of 680 names they are already up to number 500.  Another  Forum member mentioned that an HR rep told them that they are trying to only hire a few more people off of the 8094 list then it will be exhausted.  (sorry I didnt post the links)

My question is this:  Once they call everyone off of the 5716 list, will they go back and continue calling people from 8094?  Or do you think maybe this is when they may come out with the 6601 list?

Thanks guys

So I was reading in the Chief News Paper that the promotional exam 5716 list was established on February 1st, at the same time extending 8094 for another year.  I also read on another forum here that out of 680 names they are already up to number 500.  Another  Forum member mentioned that an HR rep told them that they are trying to only hire a few more people off of the 8094 list then it will be exhausted.  (sorry I didnt post the links)

My question is this:  Once they call everyone off of the 5716 list, will they go back and continue calling people from 8094?  Or do you think maybe this is when they may come out with the 6601 list?

Thanks guys

I'd take everything you see in these threads with a grain of salt. Calling 500 people in barely two months seems crazy to say the least. The MTA is not like NYPD or corrections where they have huge classes a month. The majority of people on that list failed their medicals or turned down the job? Just doesn't make sense.

I think I saw that post you were referring to, that they'll stop using the 8094 list and hire them as cleaners.

None of us can say for certain what they'll do. It'll be pure conjecture for someone to say for certain what they'll do. They're handling their own exam process now after switching from dcas so who knows.

If anything you should try emailing "examsunit@nyct.com" and post their response. If they tell you like they allegedly told another poster in here that they're currently grading 6601 and prepping for the summer then you'll have your answer.

I'd take everything you see in these threads with a grain of salt. Calling 500 people in barely two months seems crazy to say the least. The MTA is not like NYPD or corrections where they have huge classes a month. The majority of people on that list failed their medicals or turned down the job? Just doesn't make sense.

I think I saw that post you were referring to, that they'll stop using the 8094 list and hire them as cleaners.

None of us can say for certain what they'll do. It'll be pure conjecture for someone to say for certain what they'll do. They're handling their own exam process now after switching from dcas so who knows.

If anything you should try emailing "examsunit@nyct.com" and post their response. If they tell you like they allegedly told another poster in here that they're currently grading 6601 and prepping for the summer then you'll have your answer.

I understand...here is the post about 5716 btw: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/50236-conductor-test-5716/?p=918749 

You guys have to be patient. I'm on 8094 and, i've been waiting for years. The one thing that I have learned during this process is that the employment unit will say anything to get you off the phone. Trust me I have gotten 1,000 different answers to my questions when I called that I just stopped calling and, just waiting patiently and, stayed out of trouble. For example i was told i wouldn't be called for final processing and sure enough a hour later i got an email to come in. Take everything with a grain of salt and, just stay positive. From my understanding they will be calling off both promotional and open competitive list (8094). So while you still can get your health and everything in order so you'll have no problem getting in. Plus CUNY and SUNY have almost free tuition you can take some classes until your called lol. 

Folks, you have to have a ton of patience!

With TA Bus Operator Exam 4600, we applied in August 2013 and took the written exam in December 2013. Many of us took another exam called the Bus Operator Selection Survey (which basically is a written multiple-choice psychological test) in October 2014. We finally got our results in January 2016 and the first to be called got letters in mid-March 2016 (realistically hired in April 2016). I was hired in October 2016.

BTW, candidates from TA Bus Operator Exam 2613 (the exam prior to TA Bus Operator Exam 4600) were also being called and hired up until the October 31, 2016 class and I believe I heard that a few folks were in the November 14th, 2016 class as well (but I cannot confirm this right now).

Please be patient, I was like certain people  ;), obsessively looking for any indication when they would call for bus operator .. 

BTW, if you want to talk about a wait: I applied for TBTA Bridge & Tunnel Officer back in October 2014, we took the exam in March 2015. We still have no scores, no list and know nothing about when or if they will hire.

Also - if you have an opportunity to start in another TA title such as bus operator, why not? 

Edited by 161NewYork

Also - if you have an opportunity to start in another TA title such as bus operator, why not? 

Speaking of that, according to this page, you folks know that the Application Period for Exam # 7612, which is for NYC Transit Bus Operator, also known as a civil service exam, is next month, right?

Folks, you have to have a ton of patience!

With TA Bus Operator Exam 4600, we applied in August 2013 and took the written exam in December 2013. Many of us took another exam called the Bus Operator Selection Survey (which basically is a written multiple-choice psychological test) in October 2014. We finally got our results in January 2016 and the first to be called got letters in mid-March 2016 (realistically hired in April 2016). I was hired in October 2016.

BTW, candidates from TA Bus Operator Exam 2613 (the exam prior to TA Bus Operator Exam 4600) were also being called and hired up until the October 31, 2016 class and I believe I heard that a few folks were in the November 14th, 2016 class as well (but I cannot confirm this right now).

Please be patient, I was like certain people ;), obsessively looking for any indication when they would call for bus operator ..

BTW, if you want to talk about a wait: I applied for TBTA Bridge & Tunnel Officer back in October 2014, we took the exam in March 2015. We still have no scores, no list and know nothing about when or if they will hire.

Have to have ,lol no offense.

Need to have?

Yeah i know patience is what everybody hate.

They are too slow... it doesnt take two year to complete one list.

Robot, mta need you lol

Speaking of that, according to this page, you folks know that the Application Period for Exam # 7612, which is for NYC Transit Bus Operator, also known as a civil service exam, is next month, right?

I took these exams

Traffic- declined - reason want to finsihed school

Police-declined-dont like it

Special officer-idk

Firefighter - yes! Yes!

Yes!

Conductor- idk because i I know if i am over 2,500 list number, there is bad luck