Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is insane. So they had 8094 going, then go to the promotional list, and once that is done they are going back to 8094?

Are u sure that 8094 isn't done? I never heard of anything like this before

Edited by simonbush

Your best bet is to email the exams unit and go from there. I doubt they'll call from 8094 again since they apparently stopped calling from 8098 O/C train operator. According to a poster in here they're *allegedly* grading 6601 so if that is indeed true than this list should be used soon, but there's so many rumors going around so take everything with a grain of salt.

Your best bet is to go to the source by emailing the exams unit and go from there.

This is very interesting........definitely the first time the have ever done anything like that before.

It seems very strange that they would return to 8094 after moving on to the promotional list. They should move on to 6601, not go back to 8094. 8084 was given in 2009!

No according to hr when they finish calling from promotional list they will return to 8094 which hr estimated could be may or june only 600 people are on the the promotional list

You'd emailed them and that was their response and did they mention anything about grading 6601? If you don't mind can you copy/paste their response here.

it was always confirmed since they extended to 2018 you just have to be patient they will get to 6601

You're right. It's just frustrating how they're handling the process this time around. What is the point of switching from dcas to in house to do the grading and taking way longer just to get the official results out, and then on top of that when the list finally does officially get established we'll still be able to call dcas to get our scores lmao.

Then the whole going back to the previous o/c list after finishing up with the promos. That's crazy, I just wish they would've handled it like the last conductor exam. I'm sure a lot of us wouldon't be so anxious if we atleast knew our official scores and list numbers.

But enough with the ranting you're right patience is a virtue. I'm willing to wait how ever long it takes (hopefully it won't take too long lmfao!) because honestly in my opinion the only city job I can think of being better than this is Train operator. Maybe I'm biased being a train buff and all, but I think people are out of their minds saying sanitation is the best job. Money isn't everything to me. I look forward to wearing one of those bright orange MTA vests they look clean!

I think that depends on the individual and their mindset. I'm aware of the the xx list and the erratic schedules. Trust me I've read alot of threads in here and have an uncle who's a retired motorman and had two 12-9's in his career. Like I said money isn't everything.

It's not all ginger peachy no job is, but as a train buff the only thing I can think of betier is being upfront moving the beast. Maybe it isn't for everybody, but I'm not 'everybody'. Shoot I was one of the last people in my room on the day of the exam going over my answers and correcting my mistakes while others left as soon as they finished. It's the mindset imo.

Well trying to get back on the right track (pun intended haha) since they're going back to 8094 the summer hopefully we hear something by the fall. I'm just amazed that they blew through almost 700 names that fast I mean sheesh. Keep in mind they're calling conductors upfront to train op so that could be good for us if they establish this list soon.

• 2 months later...

Anything new about when the list may be established? I know, no official word as of yet.

Just wondering if any announcement may be coming in the next few months.

If I was you, keep an eye on these resources:

-this MTA webpage

-The Chief, either online (if you're willing to pay the subscription) or the physical paper (wherever it is sold in your neighborhood)

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone happen to have a copy of the notice of examination they can share?

After e-mailing NYC Transit, here is the five [5] page document (just click on the gray "Spoiler" button):

Page 1:

smee6b.jpg

Page 2:

1r520p.jpg

Page 3:

2d0grbm.jpg

Page 4:

254yqm0.jpg

Page 5:

2ah8x6o.jpg

Enjoy!!