Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have one wrong, and I just received the letter today. For those wondering, the acronym OPA does refer to the oral proficiency assessment. (silly me, I thought it was a test that uses the the oropharyngeal airway)

Yup. I got 1 wrong also. I have to report to Livingston on October 4th.

**Just got mine in the mail, I'm glad to see the ball moving on this, but in starting to get nervous lol.

Edited by Jchambers2120

I just got the letter for test date October 6, I see people saying they got 1 wrong. I also scored really high but am too lazy to find my score sheet to see how many I got wrong. I got like 2 wrong I believe.

Are they sending this out to the people who scored the highest first?

I believe that the only people who got this letter so far are the people who seemed to mention they got 1 or 2 wrong.

Edited by Dred

Received my OPA letter today, I think I had only one wrong. I am also surprised nobody mentioned this part:

You will be required to pay an additional fee of $25.00 by money order prior to taking the oral proficiency assessment.

My probation as a bus operator should be done and over with in a few weeks. So I think I might pass on this and save the $25 and use of any PTO (paid time off) or inconvenience...

Edited by 161NewYork

Also received my Oral Proficiency Assessment letter to report to Livingston on Oct 2nd.

Going over preliminary scores of other people in this thread, it seems that OPA letter dates are sorted by score.

Just for fun, I put together a breakdown of scores based on self-reporting in this thread and few city-data posts:

100 = 3 or  6.12% of all (49) people
97.50 = 3 or  6.12%
97.50 = 5 or 10.20%
96.25 = 12 or 24.48%
95.00 = 11 or 22.44%
93.75 = 4 or 8.16%
92.50 = 5 or 10.20%
91.25 = 4 or 8.16%
90.00 = 1 or 2.00%