Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sank said:

You could have it but not on. They don’t search you. 

Thanks, the way they word it in the letter you have to wonder if they put you through a metal detector and then when they see you have a cell phone not allow it in the building. They do this at the federal court. 

Again, thanks for the quick reply. 

10 minutes ago, Schecter said:

When I email them asking them if they email them about the opa what should I say so it sounds good 

I emailed the MTA a few times when I didn't receive my test date. They are pretty good at getting back to you with a response. I didn't expect that sending an Email would get any response.

I would just make it simple and ask them, I didn't receive a letter for the OPA and my friends who got the same amount wrong on the first test received one, are there any issues or should I have received one in the mail?

Edited by Dred

2 hours ago, DrewMania said:

To be honest i’m in a similar position. I work for UPS as a driver i just started making top pay which is 35 dollars a hour for a 27 year old is a blessing but in my case i’ve aways wanted to work for MTA. And now that i’m getting closer to that goal i’m going to take the MTA job over UPS. I’m going to take a leave of absence just in case. But yea it’s a pay cut for a few years but i’m set up to make that transition.

I think right now you have to ask yourself is it something you really wanna do. Because if this wasn’t a goal of mines then I wouldn’t even be on this forum. 

Then ask yourself can you survive a few years before you even reach back where you was when you left the hotel job. Because to be honest the kind of money your making now you can go set up a nice retirement fund from TD bank and that penision you get from the hotel won’t matter cause you got plently saved away for a honest living.  

Wow you're willing to take an almost $14 per hour pay cut?? For a few years??!!

Makes me not feel as bad. What may i ask makes you want to work for MTA so much?

Edited by Nyctransitorhotels

I think I missed 4 answers, which gives me a 95% on the test, assuming none of the questions I missed was thrown out due to protests.

Has anyone else who missed 4 answers gotten called for the OPA yet?

I'll email the exams unit myself at some point, but I don't want to be premature.

I know they're proceeding at their own pace, and I can't rush them - I just don't want to be skipped.

Wow, the memory test was really difficult, I'll just say that. If they score it by 75% pass I could have failed it, I had to guess at least 25% of the time.

The speaking test didn't seem as difficult but not sure what they were looking for.

Still shocked how difficult the memory test was. 

3 minutes ago, Dred said:

Wow, the memory test was really difficult, I'll just say that. If they score it by 75% pass I could have failed it, I had to guess at least 25% of the time.

The speaking test didn't seem as difficult but not sure what they were looking for.

Yeah I really struggled with the memory section. 70% is passing for the opa.

Just now, adorkasherri said:

Yeah I really struggled with the memory section. 70% is passing for the opa.

If 70% is passing, I feel a lot of people are going to be disappointed. Unless of course, they give close answers partial points.

I would say 5 questions I had to guess between 2 answers, I could easily have gotten below 70% on the memory.

The speaking test, I know I screwed 1 question up pretty badly, my mind just went blank on what to say. But the others I think I answered them OK.

I really can't see them eliminating so many people because of the OPA, We are top scorers on the first test and find it difficult, can you imagine when they get further down the list. Lots of people would be eliminated and there would be lawsuits and such, like on the FDNY. 

But wow, that memory test. 

If I had time to prepare I would have done a lot better. 

4 minutes ago, Dred said:

Think ima eat plenty of blueberries and maybe a few days earlier play some memory games. Thanks for the info. 

Well, given that about 30K people took this test, I could see why they would implement the OPA as a pass/fail test.   They have to begin thinning out the process in phases.  I believe that for most of us the OPA will be the most difficult part since it involves retaining memory.   To all others good luck.   I’m not expecting a notice until sometime next year based on my score and the number of applicants.  

Long time lurker here.  Just wanted to share my thoughts on the OPA.  I got 1 wrong on the first exam and took the OPA on 10/3.  Going into the OPA, I was worried about the memory test due to my horrible memory, but I felt it wasn't that bad.  I just closed my eyes and listened. I may have gotten 1-2 wrong. The speaking test on the other hand was much more difficult for me.  My mind went blank on like 3 or 4 of those.  Now I'm worried about my results.  Also, they said about 37,000 took this test.

Edited by jsont

3 minutes ago, jsont said:

Long time lurker here.  Just wanted to share my thoughts on the OPA.  I got 1 wrong on the first exam and took the OPA on 10/3.  Going into the OPA, I was worried about the memory test due to my horrible memory, but I felt it wasn't that bad.  I just closed my eyes and listened. I may have gotten 1-2 wrong. The speaking test on the other hand was much more difficult for me.  My mind went blank on like 3 or 4 of those.  Now I'm worried about my results.  Also, they said about 37,000 took this test.

What do you mean you’re mind went blank? You didn’t answer them at all?

I also took my OPA today, and as someone who scored 2 wrong on my test, I also found the memory portion surprisingly difficult. Not too sure what they were scoring in the 2nd part of the exam, but assuming you aced it, should be allowed to get 6 or 7 wrong in the memory portion. I am confident most of you passed.

Of course, I was under the impression that as long as you pass the OPA, your OPA score would not affect your list number. Can anyone in the MTA confirm this?

1 hour ago, Yawgmoth13 said:

Question for those who went approximately how many people were there in line to take the OPA when you went? Did they people have to wait or was it all just one group?

I would say around 30. The listening/memorization portion was everyone together. The second part were called individually to sit in a room.

5 hours ago, jsont said:

Not trying to brag at all, but I agree with you. I found the memory part very easy and it's surprising to see the amount of people on here who said they found it difficult.  I'm kind of nervous about how I did on the speaking part aswell, but I think I did fine on that. I noticed when I answered one of the questions the monitor nodded her head in agreement and I felt like I answered question appropriately.

We're always our own toughest critic so we just have to tune that negative energy out. I'm sure we did fine.