Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

On 10/6/2017 at 2:17 AM, Nyctransitorhotels said:

Wow you're willing to take an almost $14 per hour pay cut?? For a few years??!!

Makes me not feel as bad. What may i ask makes you want to work for MTA so much?

Honestly it’s just always been a goal of mines to work for the agency. I’ve always just wanted to wear that badge with the logo on my arm since young  especially be a T/O. I have plenty of family who work there as well and before my grand pass I promise i would stick to it and make it in so i like to keep at least those promises. 

Edited by DrewMania

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DrewMania said:

Honestly it’s just always been a goal of mines to work for the agency. I’ve always just wanted to wear that badge with the logo on my arm since young  especially be a T/O. I have plenty of family who work there as well and before my grand pass I promise i would stick to it and make it in so i like to keep at least those promises. 

Just for that I hope you make it in man.  If all goes well for me perhaps we’ll meet on the other side when this is all over.  (Underground not afterlife, relax lol).   Good luck. 

I have a few friends that work for the MTA as well.  In fact it was a good friend that pushed me to take the test.   He started as conductor as well and within two years got promoted to T/O.  Which is way easier than taking the T/O competitive from scratch.  

Edited by noekozz

21 hours ago, MTAhopefullMatt said:

I think I missed 4 answers, which gives me a 95% on the test, assuming none of the questions I missed was thrown out due to protests.

Has anyone else who missed 4 answers gotten called for the OPA yet?

I'll email the exams unit myself at some point, but I don't want to be premature.

I know they're proceeding at their own pace, and I can't rush them - I just don't want to be skipped.

Looks like me and you are in the same boat here. I’m only assuming the ones who got 4 or more wrong haven’t received OPA letters yet. Hopefully next month? Let us know if you get yours and I’ll do the same. 

Could it be that not everyone gets called for the OPA initially until they are close to getting called (maybe 1 year before or so)? Just curious if anyone knows. I doubt all 33,000 people who took the first exam will get called for an OPA. And there seems to be a correlation here between the scores and whether or not people received a letter. Again, just wondering for anyone who knows. 

Hey so guys I have my appointment for OPA tomorrow 10/9. The only problem is that my letter I received in the mail was misplaced. Any idea what time I should show up tomorrow? And would it be possible for them to print me another notice once I arrive there?

On 10/7/2017 at 6:55 AM, StevieC said:

Looks like me and you are in the same boat here. I’m only assuming the ones who got 4 or more wrong haven’t received OPA letters yet. Hopefully next month? Let us know if you get yours and I’ll do the same. 

I only got 3 wrong and I haven't received any OPA letter either lol 

7 hours ago, Schecter said:

Maybe the people that got 3 wrong and got a letter we’re higher on the list that they haven’t made public yet...which would only mean that more than likely you’ll get a letter with the next wave going out. I got 4 wrong and I’m waiting as well. Overall it’s just good to see that things are moving with this exam. Hopefully the train operator exam doesn’t take this long to start the ball rolling lol.

9 hours ago, Schecter said:

1 hour ago, 2nice said:

Maybe the people that got 3 wrong and got a letter we’re higher on the list that they haven’t made public yet...which would only mean that more than likely you’ll get a letter with the next wave going out. I got 4 wrong and I’m waiting as well. Overall it’s just good to see that things are moving with this exam. Hopefully the train operator exam doesn’t take this long to start the ball rolling lol.

Patient is the name of the game with MTA (hate it with a passion). But hopefully we’re all receive a letter by Feb. 2018. That’s when the current C/R list expires. And I’m sure they’re gonna jump straight into this list. Since they’re really trying to take the keys from Dcas and do they own thing. 

As for T/O that should move a lot quicker since the last list has already expire and they just working off of the promo list now i believe. Word off advice continue to apply to other positions.

Like the Track Worker application is live now i strongly advise you apply giving yourself multiple chances to get in.

4 hours ago, DrewMania said:

Patient is the name of the game with MTA (hate it with a passion). But hopefully we’re all receive a letter by Feb. 2018. That’s when the current C/R list expires. And I’m sure they’re gonna jump straight into this list. Since they’re really trying to take the keys from Dcas and do they own thing. 

As for T/O that should move a lot quicker since the last list has already expire and they just working off of the promo list now i believe. Word off advice continue to apply to other positions.

Like the Track Worker application is live now i strongly advise you apply giving yourself multiple chances to get in.

I got 4 wrong on conductor, 3 wrong on operator, & I take the nyct bus exam this month..think I’ll pass on the track worker lol...being that I already applied for 2/3 positions that u can use to promo to operator, & I already passed operator.

3 hours ago, 2nice said:

I got 4 wrong on conductor, 3 wrong on operator, & I take the nyct bus exam this month..think I’ll pass on the track worker lol...being that I already applied for 2/3 positions that u can use to promo to operator, & I already passed operator.

Just a random thought. I found the TO exam to be slightly difficult than other exams. I didn't have enough time to record my answers.

Edited by Physcoles

1 hour ago, Jchambers2120 said:

The monitor told us our results will be mailed to us but they don't know when. 

Good luck to anyone taking their OPA today.

Only thing I dislike it’s something else you gotta wait on before you even receive your notice to come in for pre-employment. Not to mention still haven’t gotten official scores yet.  

1 hour ago, Physcoles said:

Just a random thought. I found the TO exam to be slightly difficult than other exams. I didn't have enough time to record my answers.

I agree...but I was extremely focused. Told myself that would be my backup if I didn’t score high enough for the firefighter exam. With 3 wrong I’m sure I’ll get called. Just took my Fdny exam last Thursday...hoping I scored high enough to get called.

6 hours ago, Schecter said:

So I emailed the mta exams place about the OPA that people didn't receive in the mail yet and this is what they told me...

"We are testing over 30,000 applicants.  Not everyone will be tested at the same time."

Well thank you for that. This basically tells us that it was around 30k people who took the exam and that at least 30k people well be tested for the OPA. 

Well everyone get comfortable this gonna be a LONG journey... sigh (ugh) lord take the wheel!!! 

13 minutes ago, LIRRMedford said:

Well I'm here now showed up at 6:40am 6:55am now for a 7:30am appearance and they haven't even opened the building doors yet lol. Will get back to you guys about my thoughts and experience when I come out all broken on the other side (Just a gag I'm extremely confident!)

You got this just think positive and you'll be fine 🚈🚉

16 hours ago, Schecter said:

So I emailed the mta exams place about the OPA that people didn't receive in the mail yet and this is what they told me...

"We are testing over 30,000 applicants.  Not everyone will be tested at the same time."

So it took over 3 yrs to grade 30,000. Tests. If they opa everyone, it is going to take 6yrs before anyone goes to the next step.

Ok so the most important info is get there early, you want to be one of the first ones in the lobby so you can be the first one on the elevators so you can be the first one off to get a lower seating number, I had a low number and was out by 10am 730am test.

Next one of the test monitors came in and said that 37000 people took the test but not all will come in for the OPA, she said it would lead to tassels taking $25 from people that they don't expect to pass the test or make the list and not get called

Next the supervisor/manager said the OPA  is a completely different test that is pass/fail and if you pass it does not factor into your first exam score however fail and your gone

Next, my personal experience is I feel the first part was easy,however I thought the second part was hard,Of course I can speak and understand English but I feel as if you don't say exactly what they expect you to say, it might hurt you.

Any who in whoville that's my input!

Edited by LIRRMedford