Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

@LIRRMedford, thank you for the info.

Yes, if they hire let's say 8,000 people off this list before it expires they probably wouldn't even approach more than 24,000 applicants.  And of course they have to complete the process with applicants so people get hired and trained starting at least a few months after the official list issues.

They'll be hiring on a rolling basis.

Since the OPA doesn't factor into your score they can release the official list and just treat the OPA like one more screening process in the initial hiring process, like the drug screen or medical exam or review of your background questionnaire.

So the people who pass the OPA now should at least be in the first few classes which likely will be held in the spring of next year (2018).

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, LIRRMedford said:

Ok so the most important info is get there early, you want to be one of the first ones in the lobby so you can be the first one on the elevators so you can be the first one off to get a lower seating number, I had a low number and was out by 10am 730am test.

Next one of the test monitors came in and said that 37000 people took the test but not all will come in for the OPA, she said it would lead to tassels taking $25 from people that they don't expect to pass the test or make the list and not get called

Next the supervisor/manager said the OPA  is a completely different test that is pass/fail and if you pass it does not factor into your first exam score however fail and your gone

Next, my personal experience is I feel the first part was easy,however I thought the second part was hard,Of course I can speak and understand English but I feel as if you don't say exactly what they expect you to say, it might hurt you.

Any who in whoville that's my input!

You took the words out of my mouth. I feel the exact same way as you. I felt like I gave the 'correct' response but I didn't say it exactly how they expected like from the example given at the beginning. I feel like I breezed through the first part though, I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping everything goes well.

And lol I stated it earlier in this thread to make sure you're early getting on/off the elevator. It's going to suck being number 30 to be called lmao.

11 hours ago, LIRRMedford said:

Well I'm here now showed up at 6:40am 6:55am now for a 7:30am appearance and they haven't even opened the building doors yet lol. Will get back to you guys about my thoughts and experience when I come out all broken on the other side (Just a gag I'm extremely confident!)

Have to go for my OPA tomorrow at 2pm. Anyone else going or has taken it at 2 pm before. Let me know. Thinking about being there at 12. What do you all think?

6 hours ago, Yawgmoth13 said:

Thank you and good luck to you. Getting excited to go into mine tomorrow at 2pm as well.

Did OPA today at 2.  Got out at 5 because got there early. I go give myself 50/50. Memory part easy picture a bit harder must be exact and to the point. 

58 minutes ago, mart85in said:

Just finished my joint, was ok. I felt like I got a few wrong on the first part. Anybody took the 2pm and was in room 4041? I was number 6. 

I was there as well number 4 aced the memory part but I don't think I did well on the second part it felt too much like an interview, And I clam up at interviews.

19 minutes ago, Yawgmoth13 said:

I was there as well number 4 aced the memory part but I don't think I did well on the second part it felt too much like an interview, And I clam up at interviews.

Second part was a breeeze, seemed a little too easy.

Hello.

i heard if you cannot make it on your assigned OPA day, you can get it changed. Any thoughts on this? I was rear ended the morning of mine and had to get towed. Thus I didn’t make it. I tried emailing the exam unit several times. No one bothers to respond

36 minutes ago, Yks747 said:

Hello.

i heard if you cannot make it on your assigned OPA day, you can get it changed. Any thoughts on this? I was rear ended the morning of mine and had to get towed. Thus I didn’t make it. I tried emailing the exam unit several times. No one bothers to respond

I would go down there and ask at the info office on the first floor. Good luck. 

1 hour ago, Yks747 said:

Hello:

I know its been answered, but has anyone recently gone through this Oral Proficiency Exam for Conductor exam #6601?  Exactly what is it, and is it difficult to pass??  Any info is most appreciated.

It's been covered In this thread.

10 hours ago, Yks747 said:

Hello:

I know its been answered, but has anyone recently gone through this Oral Proficiency Exam for Conductor exam #6601?  Exactly what is it, and is it difficult to pass??  Any info is most appreciated.

It consists of a memorization part (20 questions, 5 per segment) and a faux interview where they ask you what you would do in a certain situation.