Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Dred said:

Wait, are you saying that they probably won't be calling anyone from the 6601 list for a few years? Even the guys who scored over 100?

Anything is possible but you cannot bank on it...just have a lot of patience. Those scoring over 100 has Veterans credit or etc....if the list is frozen then that is what it is FROZEN ugh..regardless to the score

We don't know the hiring habits of the MTA, its early in the year. This list is for no reason. Do people tend to hire in feburary ? not really. So the list for 6601 is brand new, just give it a few weeks, a month, maybe 2 months. Its going to happen.  They could be waiting for better weather too. 

Why are people speaking about freezes? They have been hiring a crazy amount of people from the old list.  I even heard people say they needed lots of people.

The last freezes I heard were in 2008 during the recession. Why would they have a freeze now with the booming economy and low unemployment? 

Are you not certain that when this MTA person said freeze, she really meant to say freeze for the last exam because it is over and used the wrong words? Was she even speaking about this new exam? 

I think you have to understand that lots of people are calling her about the old list and that is over with. She probably just says "freeze" and no more hiring because it is easy to say that. She probably doesn't want to say its over if you were not called as the exam has expired. 

I know from calling the FDNY that the people on the phones were always wrong and didn't know anything. 

I think its stupid to think they won't be hiring for 3 years when they were just hiring like crazy for the last exam. Why would they all of a sudden stop right now? Are they going to still be accepting people from the old list for the next 3 years? Are they really not going to hire anybody new for conductor for 3 years? Something seems really off here to me. 

Edited by Dred

2 minutes ago, Dred said:

Why are people speaking about freezes? They have been hiring a crazy amount of people from the old list.  I even heard people say they needed lots of people.

The last freezes I heard were in 2008 during the recession. Why would they have a freeze now with the booming economy and low unemployment? 

Are you not certain that when this MTA person said freeze, she really meant to say freeze for the last exam because it is over and used the wrong words? Was she even speaking about this new exam? 

I think you have to understand that lots of people are calling her about the old list and that is over with. She probably just says "freeze" and no more hiring because it is easy to say that. She probably doesn't want to say its over if you were not called as the exam has expired. 

I know from calling the FDNY that the people on the phones were always wrong and didn't know anything. 

She said there is a freeze and they will not be hiring from 6601. No more open vacancies for the position at this time. 

Due to all those new hires I’m not surprised if there’s a freeze. I hope she’s wrong but there’s only a certain amount of jobs available. 

4 minutes ago, Rahmel said:

She said there is a freeze and they will not be hiring from 6601. No more open vacancies for the position at this time. 

Due to all those new hires I’m not surprised if there’s a freeze. I hope she’s wrong but there’s only a certain amount of jobs available. 

I agree that they seemed to be hiring quite a lot of people from the old list. Hard to imagine they need that many conductors also.

Luckily for me I may have an alternative union job right now that pays better in my fathers field. 

I'd say don't wait around for this shit because you are probably  looking at years, especially if you have a high list number. 

Look at the last FDNY exam, took years before I was called for that one and I had a low list numbger.   

Edited by Dred

2 hours ago, Dred said:

I think its stupid to think they won't be hiring for 3 years when they were just hiring like crazy for the last exam. Why would they all of a sudden stop right now? Are they going to still be accepting people from the old list for the next 3 years? Are they really not going to hire anybody new for conductor for 3 years? Something seems really off here to me. 

You're right it doesn't make sense to say they won't be hiring for years. Some people need to think before they post. The last time i emailed them they told me the notice of results will be going out in spring. People retire, quit, get demoted, fired, etc... Right now they're calling promotionals for T/O and alot of conductors are on that list so obviously there will be vacancies. And no they're not calling from 8094 anymore that exam expired last week. 

We just have to continue being patient, the nonsensical speculation isn't helping.

1 minute ago, Jchambers2120 said:

You're right it doesn't make sense to say they won't be hiring for years. Some people need to think before they post. The last time i emailed them they told me the notice of results will be going out in spring. People retire, quit, get demoted, fired, etc... Right now they're calling promotionals for T/O and alot of conductors are on that list so obviously there will be vacancies. And no they're not calling from 8094 anymore that exam expired last week. 

We just have to continue being patient, the nonsensical speculation isn't helping.

The lady probably also said that so people can stop calling 

4 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

There’s only a certain amount of positions for each title. If they hired like crazy it’s a possibility they can not have any openings available at the moment. Which I hope isn’t the case. You need to think before you post. Just because you get your notice of results doesn’t mean you will be hired right away. This is a known fact. 

2 minutes ago, Bk2Amityville said:

You have to take into account that there was just a  new proposed budget by Diblasio and in it there was no money in the budget for MTA.  Also I did hear that there would be a freeze this year from a pretty reliable source that I know in the MTA 

Common sense isn’t common. The more they hired the less jobs become available. I’m not saying I agree with the lady I spoke to from the Mta department but it’s a strong possibility especially with the large hires 

6 minutes ago, Bk2Amityville said:

You have to take into account that there was just a  new proposed budget by Diblasio and in it there was no money in the budget for MTA.  Also I did hear that there would be a freeze this year from a pretty reliable source that I know in the MTA 

I read the budget for the next 3 years. It only grows. More people take mass transit every year. The budget increases every year. And theres alot of construction and alot of work on the subways. So alot of subway work, and alot of bus shuttling. I read that they are phasing out alot of old buses and bringing in new ones or loaning buses to other depots.  Alot of the talk are things I don't understand. But it does say there is going to be major work, big proposals on infrastructure. 

2 minutes ago, Moody said:

I read the budget for the next 3 years. It only grows. More people take mass transit every year. The budget increases every year. And theres alot of construction and alot of work on the subways. So alot of subway work, and alot of bus shuttling. I read that they are phasing out alot of old buses and bringing in new ones or loaning buses to other depots.  Alot of the talk are things I don't understand. But it does say there is going to be major work, big proposals on infrastructure. 

Let’s just hope we can get in before the freeze. They did say that the top 2000 will be called at the opa last year 

Edited by Rahmel

5 minutes ago, Rahmel said:

Common sense isn’t common. The more they hired the less jobs become available. I’m not saying I agree with the lady I spoke to from the Mta department but it’s a strong possibility especially with the large hires 

I think that lady don't want people calling. Its kinda my fault for posting that link to show peoples list number. Sorry. It is public record.  I'm trying to figure out how many people resign and retire or get promoted. There is a way.

3 minutes ago, Rahmel said:

There’s only a certain amount of positions for each title. If they hired like crazy it’s a possibility they can not have any openings available at the moment. Which I hope isn’t the case. You need to think before you post. Just because you get your notice of results doesn’t mean you will be hired right away. This is a known fact. 

Did I state that the notice of results means you will be hired away, or did i point out the fact that it's nonsensical to insinuate they won't hire for years because of a lack of vacancies when they're losing conductors as we speak from the promotional exam along with people retiring, getting fired, quitting, demoted, etc... They have to schedule classes and they have to be approved it doesn't happen overnight... You can continue taking jabs and speculating though whatever floats your boat...

@Schecter i wouldn't be surprised lol. Who would've even thought we would've taken the OPA last year? Anytime someone emailed them for an update they kept giving that 18-24 month timeline and then bam out of nowhere we got letters to take the OPA. 

Btw everyone, the scores are posted on DCAS. Not that it really matters since you already have it, but it's in their system and you can csll to find out your list #

5 minutes ago, Moody said:

I think that lady don't want people calling. Its kinda my fault for posting that link to show peoples list number. Sorry. It is public record.  I'm trying to figure out how many people resign and retire or get promoted. There is a way.

There’s always a way but I do think she just say that so we won’t call back. I speak to 5 different employees and get 5 different answers. Everyone from 100 to 85 is waiting about 5 years 

7 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

Did I state that the notice of results means you will be hired away, or did i point out the fact that it's nonsensical to insinuate they won't hire for years because of a lack of vacancies when they're losing conductors as we speak from the promotional exam along with people retiring, getting fired, quitting, demoted, etc... They have to schedule classes and they have to be approved it doesn't happen overnight... You can continue taking jabs and speculating though whatever floats your boat...

@Schecter i wouldn't be surprised lol. Who would've even thought we would've taken the OPA last year? Anytime someone emailed them for an update they kept giving that 18-24 month timeline and then bam out of nowhere we got letters to take the OPA. 

Btw everyone, the scores are posted on DCAS. Not that it really matters since you already have it, but it's in their system and you can csll to find out your list #

I’m speaking for the list in general. Yes people quit and get promoted or whatever but that’s only a few hundred jobs at a time. I’m pretty ok considering that I’m 9xx. I should be called within a few months but those who are 3000-4000 might be a year and some months. That’s why I said what I said.

Edited by Rahmel

On 2/20/2018 at 3:54 PM, Mspunkybrewster said:

I. Scored the same and my list num is 1304 how is that possible

As I said before the tie breaker is your social. I scored the same 97.5 and my list number is 91*

Edited by +Young+
Identity purposes...