Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

10 hours ago, JayAre said:

Good day folks, I’m in the low 900’s and would like to know an estimate on next steps. Does anyone know how long would it take for the next steps. Thank you. 

Did you take the OPA (ORAL PROFICIENCY  ASSESSMENT EXAM) ?  Speaking of that, has any one heard anything on results or is there really a hiring freeze at the moment? 

At least they can give result if that is the case. 

Edited by N1CKR

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, N1CKR said:

Did you take the OPA (ORAL PROFICIENCY  ASSESSMENT EXAM) ?  Speaking of that, has any one heard anything on results or is there really a hiring freeze at the moment? 

On Feburary 22 they told me the resullts for the OPA would be mailed in a few weeks. Haven't heard anything since then.

16 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

On Feburary 22 they told me the resullts for the OPA would be mailed in a few weeks. Haven't heard anything since then.

What number did you call? The number on the letter of results doesn’t work. I’ve called a few times and waited 20 mins each time and no one answered. I called literally 2 mins ago and they picked up and hung up without speaking. 

29 minutes ago, Rahmel said:

What number did you call? The number on the letter of results doesn’t work. I’ve called a few times and waited 20 mins each time and no one answered. I called literally 2 mins ago and they picked up and hung up without speaking. 

Damn I'm sorry to hear that. I never called, I just emailed the exams unit whenever i have a question.

Today makes 1 month since the list has officially been "established" and they still haven't updated their website in 2 years, let alone announce when they're going to start hiring. Frustrating to say the least...

4 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

Damn I'm sorry to hear that. I never called, I just emailed the exams unit whenever i have a question.

Today makes 1 month since the list has officially been "established" and they still haven't updated their website in 2 years, let alone announce when they're going to start hiring. Frustrating to say the least...

I just got through finally. I was told it will be a few weeks for the opa results to be mailed. After that it’s COMPLETELY in Transit hands to start the hiring process. 

11 hours ago, N1CKR said:

I haven’t received a notification to take the OPA to be honest. 

3 hours ago, EgyptianEyez said:

Today I received the letter to take the OPA on 4/12/2018. My list #28**. Trying to figure out what to expect.

First you will listen to a tape recording and answer questions based on what you heard they ask questions like: if the 4 train is running express from 42nd to 125th what stations did the 4 train did not make stops at?...after these questions you go to another room where they have you look at pictures and from these pictures you have to answer their questions for ex they will show a pic of a person laying on the floor next to his bike what do you think happen to him? You will respond saying he fell off his bike (also during this process your responses will be recorded on cassette tape)

5 hours ago, Mr Marta said:

First you will listen to a tape recording and answer questions based on what you heard they ask questions like: if the 4 train is running express from 42nd to 125th what stations did the 4 train did not make stops at?...after these questions you go to another room where they have you look at pictures and from these pictures you have to answer their questions for ex they will show a pic of a person laying on the floor next to his bike what do you think happen to him? You will respond saying he fell off his bike (also during this process your responses will be recorded on cassette tape)

Thats don't sound to bad but, I just pray I pass. So nervous! Thanks for your response. 

Edited by EgyptianEyez

2 hours ago, EgyptianEyez said:

Thats don't sound to bad but, I just pray I pass. So nervous! Thanks for your response. 

That sounds like they are looking to start calling people maybe :\

If someone with a list number of 28XX is being given an OPA, then they might start pulling their weight and start mailing out these OPA results :|

@kellgh, any movement is good news to me. 

I'm sure I'll have quite a bit longer to wait with my 50xx list number.

But, yes, it would stand to reason that they'll start sending out those pass/fails soon to the people who took the OPA in the fall and that they'll actually start scheduling school car classes for those who pass OPA and drug/medical tests.

Well if this information is accurate it would appear they will start calling some people soon. It shows them having 200 vacancies to fill under the conductor role

https://data.cityofnewyork.us/City-Government/Bus-Operator-Conductor-Track-Worker-Certifications/pjqi-8psc

you can go to the link below and search "06601" then sort by cert seq number to see your current spot in line as there are a few still on the promotional list that may be called as well.

https://data.cityofnewyork.us/City-Government/Civil-Service-List-Certification/a9md-ynri/data

Good luck everyone, hopefully people start getting called in for medical and drug testing soon so this list can start moving.

10 minutes ago, N1CKR said:

If that information is correct, it looks like the MTA are in need of  a lot of Conductors, because it looks like the initial request was for 2000 candidates . That is the most requested in over a year.  

Unfortunately they are requesting only for 200  vacancies  that second # is probably only there so they can process that many to allow for people who turn down the job fail drug test OPA etc.

Edited by Yawgmoth13

12 minutes ago, EgyptianEyez said:

What link? Can you share it?

The second link that Yawgmoth provided. Goodluck with your OPA. When they call y'all upstairs make sure you're one if the first in line so that you can be in and out.

@Yawgmoth13 any idea what that certification stuff means? I noticed that it was done today so I'm hoping something happens soon.

12 hours ago, N1CKR said:

Yeah, I got my list number the same way. I am in the 4xx. If that congestion pricing hits the city, I am sure there is going to be hiring spree. 

I hope it doesnt i drive to the city for work Saturday and Sunday and holidays. 

Trains suck on the weekends and late at night sometimes. 

1 hour ago, JCF85 said:

I just called dcas the recording said I am on an outstanding certification. I wonder if this means they will start calling some of us for pre employment soon?

What is your list number? And yes that means they have your name on the list to call you when they reach your number...Good Luck