Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, TrueBlu said:

What is your list number? And yes that means they have your name on the list to call you when they reach your number...Good Luck

I'm in the low 900's. I figured I would still have a while to wait before being called. I hope this means I did alright on the OPA.

From +Young.+

Outstanding Certification means that the HR office of NYC Transit has your information, and as soon as there are vacancies available, they will send you a letter inviting you down to their facility located at 180 Livingston Street in Downtown Brooklyn to begin the employment process.

Not on Outstanding Certification means that the HR office does not have your information, and you won't be receiving a letter in the foreseeable future.

I get that some of you are frustrated with how long everything is taking, but please don't start spreading misinformation. If you search in some other employment threads you'll see that soon after people found out they were on O/C they started getting letters to start the employment process. 

15 hours ago, Jchambers2120 said:

From +Young.+

I get that some of you are frustrated with how long everything is taking, but please don't start spreading misinformation. If you search in some other employment threads you'll see that soon after people found out they were on O/C they started getting letters to start the employment process. 

Isn't that what he said?

19 hours ago, Jchambers2120 said:

From +Young.+

Thanks for that clarification. Good news to hear 

19 hours ago, Jchambers2120 said:

From +Young.+

How long after are we talking? 

On 3/25/2018 at 8:16 PM, JCF85 said:

Did you take the OPA yet?

Hey there, my list number is in the 900’s and I called and I’m on outstanding certification. But I have not taken the OPA. Do you think I will be asked to take the OPA soon? 

According to the city-data website regarding O/C (outstanding certification) of exam #6601. List #32** will be the  last number that      is going to be called  for O/C Outstanding Certification and  the deadline  is 4/22/18. Now whether transit will continue to forward higher  list numbers to O/C remains to be seen. I will be checking back around June to check if any changes have been made   with list #6601.

Edited by CocoaMint29

43 minutes ago, JayAre said:

Hey there, my list number is in the 900’s and I called and I’m on outstanding certification. But I have not taken the OPA. Do you think I will be asked to take the OPA soon? 

I don't know why you wouldn't have received a request to take the OPA.  My only guess is perhaps you have changed your address since the time of the test if you have done so then make DCAS aware of it. Going by the information we have it seems they are hiring only 200 so it's unlikely they will get up to your number with these classes but you wouldn't be too far behind as some will inevitably bow out for reasons  like medical/drug test/no longer want the position.

3 minutes ago, hmc12989 said:

Seriously, my list number is  25xx and I went for the OPA - CALL THEM AND ASK QUESTIONS, especially if you're sub 1k...they're not perfect, the letter could have gotten lost in the mail.

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 12:56 PM, Yawgmoth13 said:

I don't know why you wouldn't have received a request to take the OPA.  My only guess is perhaps you have changed your address since the time of the test if you have done so then make DCAS aware of it. Going by the information we have it seems they are hiring only 200 so it's unlikely they will get up to your number with these classes but you wouldn't be too far behind as some will inevitably bow out for reasons  like medical/drug test/no longer want the position.

It looks like they're calling in 2000 to hire 200. Is that right? Obviously they need to call in more then they hire but what happens to those they don't get hired? If they call in the first 2000, does that mean on the next round of hiring they'll start at 2001?

@jimmyvn, Transit certainly has their own way of doing things.

I would have assumed they'd maybe call twice the planned number of people in a school car class to ensure a full class, not 10 times the number of available slots.

I believe they have to process you/review your application per your list number. If you've been disqualified than that's it but if you've been placed on hold for missing/incomplete paperwork or medical questions, for example, you could clear up the missing information and have a chance to satisfy their concerns. Then if they think you're still qualified you'd be reinstated in an upcoming class ahead of those with higher list numbers who haven't yet been confirmed for a class.

I'd love to know when the first school car class from this list is scheduled to begin, and how many people they intend to bring into school car per month.

It's all a bit frustrating. I'm trying to focus on other exams I've filed for, but I do want to know more about the hiring process for this exam.