Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

Did they make a big deal about bringing backbacks?

I didn't see anyone with a backpack. I'm sure they won't though. They say dont bring phones but they allow it in the building just have to turn it off b4 the test start

Yes exactly, it wouldn't be surprising to accidentally bubble in the wrong answer, no rush. Yes the question was in the 40's. It was the question type that involved when tracks a-b and r-g being fixed and what time certain trains would be affected during those times when work was being done on those particular tracks. Ring a bell?

yes I remember those questions I took my test in the am. Same test questions just moved around. Mines was 28-33

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took the exam yesterday at 3pm. Yes the exam is easy in the sense of the concepts being easy, but I still utilized most of the time allowed(2:50 out of 3:00). I wanted t make sure that I got 100 on that exam or very close to it. I was the second to last person left in that room and my ego was a little hurt by that, especially with a few people leaving half way into the exam. I hope everyone did well, but I do think that people will get a lower score than expected because they underestimated the exam and probably did not answer the questions with caution. There was one question in particular which I am pretty sure had two correct answers on the key. I hope everyone had a good experience, I believe I scored between 98-100. Ask me any questions if curious and share your experiences. How long did you guys take on the exam?

I took 2hrs but stayed an extra 30 mins to go over my answer's. I know what question you are talking about with those two correct answers. Both answers are coffect and when the answer key come out. It would have it as both. Meaning for example question 12. A,D. I know because the station agent exam had a few of them on it.

Not only does it ring a bell, it rings a BIG bell.

Glad I'm not crazy lol

I took 2hrs but stayed an extra 30 mins to go over my answer's. I know what question you are talking about with those two correct answers. Both answers are coffect and when the answer key come out. It would have it as both. Meaning for example question 12. A,D. I know because the station agent exam had a few of them on it.

That is a huge relief, I'm glad to hear that. So as long as you pick one of the two answers you will get the credit? 

Took the test this morning and it was very easy.  I also spotted the question with the two possible answers.

Good luck, I guess it is three months until we know how we did? I was stuck on that question for a while, thinking I misread it or something.

Glad I'm not crazy lol

That is a huge relief, I'm glad to hear that. So as long as you pick one of the two answers you will get the credit? 

Good luck, I guess it is three months until we know how we did? I was stuck on that question for a while, thinking I misread it or something.

Yes as long as you picked one of the two you will get credit for it. I won't be surprise if theres a question on the test that had all the answers correct. They do that too.

Anyone know how long Conductor 8094 list has been active and how far into that list are they?

that list been active for over 4yrs the list was extended. They are well in the 4,000's maybe even close to 5,000. I heard it should end in July not sure tho so dont quote me

I finished the exam, maybe like 45 mins ago. I would like to say one thing: READING EXAM.

That's all it is. But, don't get too over-confident. Even though it was simple, the wordings of the questions were sometimes tricky; tricky enough to question yourself and even get 1 or 2 wrong. That's what bothered me most. They gave you a simple question but added many obstacles just to get the answer. I guess they can't make it TOO easy.

took the exam yesterday in the AM and like most have said here, it was easy and did not require a calculator. looks like I'm not the only one that noticed the question with the possible two answers... I examined that question in multiple passes trying to figure out if there was a slight word I may have missed, but there was none. glad for the confirmation as that puts my mind to rest.

On that 2 correct answers question, thank goodness someone else asked about that. Those were one of the first questions for me and I sat there for the longest trying to figure it out, more time spent on that than any other question because I was trying to figure out which correct answer to pick. If more than one answer was correct, that's a huge relief. 

Edited by DoubleL

Everyone has been giving the same feedback as me. And yes, while the test may seem easy, some questions were tricky. Reminded me of that show brain games. I just hope we get called eventually. Many people took this test and it appears that the test dates were random, meaning that it didn't matter when you registered for it, so test dates aren't in no particular order.

To all the others who have yet to take the test, good luck guys.

I also noticed a problem with a question.It involved doing some sort of logic work where if a=1 then b=3 if a=1.

anyways,based on the information on the passage,i did the logic,however i got two answers that were correct based on the problem solving i did.was i the only one who noticed the two answers?

I took the exam yesterday at 3pm. Yes the exam is easy in the sense of the concepts being easy, but I still utilized most of the time allowed(2:50 out of 3:00). I wanted t make sure that I got 100 on that exam or very close to it. I was the second to last person left in that room and my ego was a little hurt by that, especially with a few people leaving half way into the exam. I hope everyone did well, but I do think that people will get a lower score than expected because they underestimated the exam and probably did not answer the questions with caution. There was one question in particular which I am pretty sure had two correct answers on the key. I hope everyone had a good experience, I believe I scored between 98-100. Ask me any questions if curious and share your experiences. How long did you guys take on the exam?

I took the exam the same time as you and feel the same way about 1 question having more than one answer. I used about 2 of the 3 hours to finish and go over the exam.

Edited by SweetTart59

I also noticed a problem with a question.It involved doing some sort of logic work where if a=1 then b=3 if a=1.

anyways,based on the information on the passage,i did the logic,however i got two answers that were correct based on the problem solving i did.was i the only one who noticed the two answers?

You weren't the only one that noticed it had two answers Edited by SweetTart59

I took the exam on Saturday (April 23rd) at 3pm.  When I arrived at the test location, there was an MTA employee who was herding us all together as people were arriving--she said she was expecting about a thousand people to show up.  That's just one thousand people for that particular exam time at that particular location. So if anyone's trying to do the math regarding how many people are taking the exam overall, I hope this is helpful.

As far as the backpack question, when I received my exam notice in the mail that had the date, time, and location of my exam, it said "no large bags or backpacks".  And I didn't see anyone with an actual backpack at the exam.  Several people had what I would call "small" bags, and some of the women had purses that weren't "large".  Therefore, I didn't see anyone carrying anything that I thought would violate the "large bag or backpack" rule.  I got the impression that nobody wanted to take any chances, including me.

They told us we would have three hours to complete the exam, but we could leave if we were finished before the three hours were up.  

As far as the exam itself, let's just say I obsessed a little while over a couple questions.  

I don't seem to be able to pm anyone, but if anyone has any general questions I can answer on the thread, please ask.

How many more exam dates are left? I'm assuming most have already taken the test, including myself. So, the next question to ask is what should we expect after the answer key is released? Is that around the same time the list is established?

The test dates are: April 9, 10, 23, 24, 30, and May 7, 21, 22.  

Regarding the specific question everyone is referring to, it did seem to have 2 correct answers, but the booklet said in the front that if more than one answer is chosen, the answer will be counted as being wrong.

Right! You can't choose both only one of the two correct answers. For example the two correct answers was A and B. I picked B and you picked A. We both get it correct. I tooked the last Station Agent exam and one of the questions on the proposed answer key had A, B, C, and D. Meaning all the answers was correct. The only way anyone would get that question wrong is if they left it blank. MTA do that on most of their exams to rattle our brains. Those be the questions everyone get stuck on, because we can't for the life of use figure it out. We know that all possible answers seem correct. We spend the most time on it thinking we missing something. Stressing over it. Now for some ppl that can break them. Have them stressing, doubting, and second-guessing themselves for the rest of the exam.

I took the exam on Saturday (April 23rd) at 3pm.  When I arrived at the test location, there was an MTA employee who was herding us all together as people were arriving--she said she was expecting about a thousand people to show up.  That's just one thousand people for that particular exam time at that particular location. So if anyone's trying to do the math regarding how many people are taking the exam overall, I hope this is helpful.

As far as the backpack question, when I received my exam notice in the mail that had the date, time, and location of my exam, it said "no large bags or backpacks".  And I didn't see anyone with an actual backpack at the exam.  Several people had what I would call "small" bags, and some of the women had purses that weren't "large".  Therefore, I didn't see anyone carrying anything that I thought would violate the "large bag or backpack" rule.  I got the impression that nobody wanted to take any chances, including me.

They told us we would have three hours to complete the exam, but we could leave if we were finished before the three hours were up.  

As far as the exam itself, let's just say I obsessed a little while over a couple questions.  

I don't seem to be able to pm anyone, but if anyone has any general questions I can answer on the thread, please ask.

Thanks for the useful information, but please do not be a backseat moderator. We are all in the same boat together.

As far as the PM is concerned, you will get that feature as time evolves. You are just brand new on this site - so calm down.

How many more exam dates are left? I'm assuming most have already taken the test, including myself. So, the next question to ask is what should we expect after the answer key is released? Is that around the same time the list is established?

After the answer key is released, there will be the protest session. Once that is over, then approximately a year later, which is my educated guess, not only will the list be established, but we will also get a letter in the mail with our list numbers and our final score.

Edited by YoungNYCSubwayFan

Hey everyone, took the exam on the 24th at FDR @ 3pm. I have to say, the questions were surprisingly easy, at least on the surface. Of course, the easier the questions are the more painful they are to get wrong and the easier it is to slip up  :P . Anyone taking the test soon, I would say, be careful, but don't overthink the question or read into it too much. The premises of the questions are not misleading at all, it's only in the answer choices where the real mind games are being played. The vibe I was getting from the questions is that attention to instructions and fine details is what was really being tested.

Definitely remember to double-check everything and don't get over-confident. Jot down the numbers of the questions you think were tricky and go back to knock them out in the last hour. Don't care about people around you leaving early -- those are the guys who will regret it when they find out they made a careless mistake and didn't take time to fix it.

Just a little concerned about how they expect to rank this ocean of people that took the test when the test is that easy. Definitely prayed going in and I believe prayers get answered but after reading a bit on how these lists work I certainly won't be holding my breath. But good things come to those who wait.

Just a question...Assuming I get a pretty good score (say 95)...what's a good ballpark estimate on how long I'll be waiting to get called given the current conditions? I noticed that they've postponed the T/O exam (again) and perhaps they might cancel it this year (again), so I figured if the wait is going to be a year or longer I could take a temp job or two while waiting so I could qualify for the T/O open if it comes back next year (I only meet the 4 years college credit req, all my work thus far has been independent contractor). Trying to be a little strategic with my timing.

Thanks for the useful information, but please do not be a backseat moderator. We are all in the same boat together.

As far as the PM is concerned, you will get that feature as time evolves. You are just brand new on this site - so calm down.

After the answer key is released, there will be the protest session. Once that is over, then approximately a year later, which is my educated guess, not only will the list be established, but we will also get a letter in the mail with our list numbers and our final score.

Sorry!  I had no intention of being a backseat moderator!  I truly didn't mean to act that way.  I was just trying to be helpful.