Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

I’m list # 1170 (score 97.5%) just received my pre employment letter to report on May 23rd. 

PS: I am currently a new hire station agent. Not sure which position I want to do for the next couple years. 

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What # would I call to contact them tomorrow? I'm in the 1400's so maybe it's too early for me to get called but the post office has a habit of not getting mail to my address so i want to be certain before I end up getting passed up on the list

30 minutes ago, Yawgmoth13 said:

What # would I call to contact them tomorrow? I'm in the 1400's so maybe it's too early for me to get called but the post office has a habit of not getting mail to my address so i want to be certain before I end up getting passed up on the list

Call 180 Livingston street ‭(347) 643-8229‬

and/or ask for Ms.Vargas she is the person in charge of hiring the train conductors

7 minutes ago, Gdsimmons646 said:

So nobody got an email for medical? I was really hoping to get an email for the June class. Looking like thats not gonna happen. Le sigh. I guess July it is 

I'm waiting for the June class as well...low 500s. I don't know if to sign for the summer semester of college or wait on the call....

1 minute ago, Gdsimmons646 said:

So nobody got an email for medical? I was really hoping to get an email for the June class. Looking like thats not gonna happen. Le sigh. I guess July it is 

Hey do u know if they have a class every month or the next available class after July? I got called for pre employment but I’m not quite ready to start so soon..(have a vacation coming)

25 minutes ago, Sally08 said:

Hey do u know if they have a class every month or the next available class after July? I got called for pre employment but I’m not quite ready to start so soon..(have a vacation coming)

From what I heard when I was there for pre-employment, it was stated that there is a June 4th class, July class and another one on August or September. 

23 minutes ago, Jrwave said:

From what I heard when I was there for pre-employment, it was stated that there is a June 4th class, July class and another one on August or September. 

Ok are we allowed to chose the training class?

39 minutes ago, Sally08 said:

Ok are we allowed to chose the training class?

If you're just now recently recieving your pre employment then I'm assuming you're in the 1000-1300 range, am I correct? You may still have some time since they're apparently in the 350's as far as medicals. I think I might give them a call since I'm not too far behind that range.

I'm not exactly sure how it works, but according to 711 and other employees they've told me that when it's time for the medical (assuming you passed) and there's a spot open you can tell them that you can't make the start date and they may place you in the next scheduled.

1 hour ago, Jrwave said:

I'm waiting for the June class as well...low 500s. I don't know if to sign for the summer semester of college or wait on the call....

I wish me and you could trade places lol. I'm in the low 400's and I'm hoping I don't make the June class because of my last summer class in college. I'm taking an online class in July so I was hoping I could possibly make that or even August.

4 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

If you're just now recently recieving your pre employment then I'm assuming you're in the 1000-1300 range, am I correct? You may still have some time since they're apparently in the 350's as far as medicals. I think I might give them a call since I'm not too far behind that range.

I'm not exactly sure how it works, but according to 711 and other employees they've told me that when it's time for the medical (assuming you passed) and there's a spot open you can tell them that you can't make the start date and they may place you in the next scheduled.

I wish me and you could trade places lol. I'm in the low 400's and I'm hoping I don't make the June class because of my last summer class in college. I'm taking an online class in July so I was hoping I could possibly make that or even August.

I'm nervous. I have my last math class for my bachelor's degree and want to take it by itself. (Liner algebra) don't want to play with that class....but if they call me first, I'll put it on hold until I'm available 

35 minutes ago, iag48st said:

1200s here and received Pre-Employment for this coming Thursday. 

Quick question: if you have a social security and a work authorization are you still able to work for the MTA?

I believe yes, they don't require a citizenship status like the fire department or court system. 

Hello everyone,

I have a pre-employment date for tomorrow at 7:30 AM and want to defer.

I also have school that day in mid-town at 11:00 AM.

Would anyone know how long it would take me to defer tomorrow? Will I be able to make my class at 11:00 AM tomorrow?

Do I need to go early to the MTA, before 7:30 in order for me to make this class? I'm not sure how quickly they process people. 

Thanks. 

What is the initial step before getting hired? Is it the opa, if you pass that, then the medical? Once you pass the medical, you receive a pre-employment letter with your start date? Anyone know the correct order?

1 minute ago, Dgopes said:

What is the initial step before getting hired? Is it the opa, if you pass that, then the medical? Once you pass the medical, you receive a pre-employment letter with your start date? Anyone know the correct order?

OPA, pre-employment, then medical* you recieve your start date once complete everything 

25 minutes ago, Dred said:

Hello everyone,

I have a pre-employment date for tomorrow at 7:30 AM and want to defer.

I also have school that day in mid-town at 11:00 AM.

Would anyone know how long it would take me to defer tomorrow? Will I be able to make my class at 11:00 AM tomorrow?

Do I need to go early to the MTA, before 7:30 in order for me to make this class? I'm not sure how quickly they process people. 

Thanks. 

I COULD be wrong so don't quote me on this, but I think that to defer you simply sign and mail back the preemployment letter. I think it says in capital letters "IF YOU DO NOT DESIRE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR APPOINTMENT, DO NOT REPORT." But again, not 100% sure so maybe someone else could confirm.

2 minutes ago, Bmpo7 said:

I COULD be wrong so don't quote me on this, but I think that to defer you simply sign and mail back the preemployment letter. I think it says in capital letters "IF YOU DO NOT DESIRE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR APPOINTMENT, DO NOT REPORT." But again, not 100% sure so maybe someone else could confirm.

It is very confusing to me also. I actually called the number in the packet and got someone on the phone at the MTA. She said that you should come in person because if you mail it, it may get lost.

Since I just mailed something to the IRS that seems to have gotten lost I am not going to mail anything if I can do it in person, especially for important stuff.

What also is confusing is it says in the letter IF YOU DO NOT DESIRE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR APPOINTMENT, DO NOT REPORT.

but, then it says below to sign and date "I DECLINE APPOINTMENT".

its just confusing, you would think by signing "I decline Appointment" you then should not even show up. It should say "DEFER appointment" 

Edited by Dred

24 minutes ago, Nystateofmind056 said:

Hi everyone, my list number is 12XX. Should i have received a pre employment letter? Also those who have received it for this  Wednesday and or Thursday , when did you get it? Thanks in advance. 

I'm 7xx and got mine last week to report tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, Nystateofmind056 said:

Hi everyone, my list number is 12XX. Should i have received a pre employment letter? Also those who have received it for this  Wednesday and or Thursday , when did you get it? Thanks in advance. 

Yes you should have especially if your list# is in the 1200 and people in the 1300 got  letters already