Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im honestly so glad I found this forum it has so much info that I’ve been looking for. My list number is 10xx (97.5 score) and i took the drug trst april 13th so ive been trying to figure when they will let me know if I passed/failed the drug test and I’m also trying to figure out if my nearsightedness or the fact that I wear flasses would effect my chances of passing the medical 

56 minutes ago, iag48st said:

Just called my old high school to request a copy of my diploma and it was told it takes 4 weeks to process. Obviously not going to have it by Thursday. 

What should I do?

Lol not to worry (even though you don’t need a diploma speaking on experience)

thursday will not be only time going to 180 Livingston street just go Thursday and whatever you don’t gave just bring it back the next day 

13 minutes ago, Sixgvd94 said:

Im honestly so glad I found this forum it has so much info that I’ve been looking for. My list number is 10xx (97.5 score) and i took the drug trst april 13th so ive been trying to figure when they will let me know if I passed/failed the drug test and I’m also trying to figure out if my nearsightedness or the fact that I wear flasses would effect my chances of passing the medical 

I agree. This forum is super helpful, and I am extremely grateful to those that come on here and help us newbies. 

Just now, Jchambers2120 said:

Got off the phone with Ms Vargas and she explained what I needed to do. That woman is an angel, will possibly start in July just waiting to hear back from the HR.

Lol no wonder I couldn’t. Get through...but glad you got everything situated 

32 minutes ago, Sally08 said:

So question does anyone know the ends and outs of training? Is it true we have to walk the tracks? I’m super afraid of rodents especially subway rodents that resemble small dogs 😩

You do have to walk the tracks, and climb the front of the train. They'll do that the first week at the learning center. Don't worry about the rodents as you would rarely see any when you walk in the tunnel. The tracks you'll walk on first is at the Coney Island Yard so no need to worry about rodents. Do be careful around the 3rd rail though

12 minutes ago, Mr Marta said:

Do you by any chance have Ms.vargas number? 

347-643-8218. I agree with a previous poster, she is the best. One of the few people over there who actually sounds like she wants to help people. 

Edited by Bmpo7

Does anyone have an idea of how much paid OT new conductors can expect to get in the few year or two of service?

I see the hourly rates and steps posted but I would like to know  what new hires are actually taking home per year with OT and night differential .  

On 4/30/2018 at 12:39 PM, Dgopes said:

Ssa is the station agent exam number 6600.. they are hiring provisional from that exam but as far as I can tell no official list has been established  

thnks much

55 minutes ago, AngelRC said:

You do have to walk the tracks, and climb the front of the train. They'll do that the first week at the learning center. Don't worry about the rodents as you would rarely see any when you walk in the tunnel. The tracks you'll walk on first is at the Coney Island Yard so no need to worry about rodents. Do be careful around the 3rd rail though

Thank you! Do we walk the higher level tracks as well?

Hi all,

I have to go in for pre-employment tomorrow. 

I have one small question - I'm currently in college and would like to finish my undergrad degree before starting work as a C/R. How do I defer my appointment as a C/R for a year or so until I have finished my undergraduate degree? I understand it is indeed possible to defer my appointment.

Not looking for any responses that say that I should drop out of undergrad and take the C/R job immediately, thanks! I must finish undergrad, non-negotiable. 

1 hour ago, MFury31 said:

Hi all,

I have one small question - I'm currently in college and would like to finish my undergrad degree before starting work as a C/R. How do I defer my appointment as a C/R for a year or so until I have finished my undergraduate degree? I understand it is indeed possible to defer my appointment.

Not looking for any responses that say that I should drop out of undergrad and take the C/R job immediately, thanks! I must finish undergrad, non-negotiable. 

I heard that you could drop out of the list and reinstate three times. For more information, I would go in person the day of your appointment and ask. Unless someone else here could give you more info.

2 hours ago, MFury31 said:

Hi all,

It seems best would go in tomorrow and bring that packet with you because you will probably need to sign the first page.

I called MTA on Monday as I also have my appointment tomorrow and the person on the phone says its just best to come in get on line, get a number, and then just hand in the form there. She also said it wouldn't take that long. 

I plan on getting there maybe 7AM tomorrow because I have class at 11AM. 

On 5/20/2018 at 1:17 PM, Sank said:

I’m list # 1170 (score 97.5%) just received my pre employment letter to report on May 23rd. 

PS: I am currently a new hire station agent. Not sure which position I want to do for the next couple years. 

I can’t understand why every time someone emails or calls they say a different number and I’m 1146..still waiting   Also just received my list number for train operator which is 1107 🤦🏾‍♀️

7 minutes ago, Emart said:

I can’t understand why every time someone emails or calls they say a different number and I’m 1146..still waiting   Also just received my list number for train operator which is 1107 🤦🏾‍♀️

ME and you both my number is 1294 ppl in the 1300 are already being called my guess is it got lost in the mail...I’m going to call 180 Livingston street in the morning I suggest you do the same 

TWO procedures 1: urine test for drugs 

2: which is the full body medical check ya vision hearing urine(this time for diabetes and etc.) weight and height you also do a questinare on a computer basically seeing if you have sleep Sleep apnea

4 hours ago, Jrwave said:

I heard that you could drop out of the list and reinstate three times. For more information, I would go in person the day of your appointment and ask. Unless someone else here could give you more info.

3 hours ago, Dred said:

It seems best would go in tomorrow and bring that packet with you because you will probably need to sign the first page.

I called MTA on Monday as I also have my appointment tomorrow and the person on the phone says its just best to come in get on line, get a number, and then just hand in the form there. She also said it wouldn't take that long. 

I plan on getting there maybe 7AM tomorrow because I have class at 11AM. 

Thanks for the help guys! I'll drop by 180 Livingston tomorrow and ask. 

If anyone is awake and can answer before I get to hear it from grouchy and incompetent MTA HR folks, how exactly do I reinstate myself on the list? I know I drop out by giving them the signed form saying I decline the appointment. But how do I then go ahead and reinstate myself on the list so they can call me a few months to a year later?

If I knew I'd get called for pre-employment before I finished college, maybe I would have purposefully gotten a few questions wrong on the test! 😛