Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

3 hours ago, Shavenus said:

Just took the opa last week wondering approximately  how long it will take to recieve a score and once that score is received how long before pre employment and what does pre employment consist of is it just bring in birth cert social high school diploma or what ???? 

I'm gonna assume probably 6 months like the other people waited but take this with a grain of salt because I could be wrong. What I could say is try emailing exams and see what they say.

Edited by Schecter

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Schecter said:

I'm gonna assume probably 6 months like the other people waited but take this with a grain of salt because I could be wrong. What I could say is try emailing exams and see what they say.

Thank you so much for the information 

35 minutes ago, Sally08 said:

Anyone that went to pre employment today hear about future training dates? I called and was told there’s another training class in July but I’m wondering will there be one in the fall?

I went in yesterday, and Emma Rivera (very nice lady) said that there will be a June, July, and PROBABLY August class as well. No exact dates other than June 4, and definitely July but can't say what date exactly.

3 hours ago, Bmpo7 said:

I went in yesterday, and Emma Rivera (very nice lady) said that there will be a June, July, and PROBABLY August class as well. No exact dates other than June 4, and definitely July but can't say what date exactly.

The next class is scheduled for July 9th. I found out after I called to push my start start date back for the July class.

1 hour ago, Jrwave said:

Can anyone that has been call this week or for next week for medical give their range number on the list? I'm trying to have an idea how long before I get called. I'm very low 500s.

My list # is between 400-420. 

31 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

The next class is scheduled for July 9th. I found out after I called to push my start start date back for the July class.

My list # is between 400-420. 

Thank you so much! Do you know the schedule for the classes this year? Meaning, you already said July 9th, but August and/or September, October, November? Thank you once again. 

The letter is dated May 17 but I jus got it today. And for some reason I haven’t been receiving mail on time cuz I would get an email from USPS informed delivery but wasn’t receiving it. But all my mail from last week is jus now coming to my mailbox. 

And I took the OPA on October 31st. Idk how they do the OPA invite but you should get one soon. 

1 minute ago, Mina said:

The letter is dated May 17 but I jus got it today. And for some reason I haven’t been receiving mail on time cuz I would get an email from USPS informed delivery but wasn’t receiving it. But all my mail from last week is jus now coming to my mailbox. 

And I took the OPA on October 31st. Idk how they do the OPA invite but you should get one soon. 

Thank you for the information 

1 hour ago, Jrwave said:

Thank you so much! Do you know the schedule for the classes this year? Meaning, you already said July 9th, but August and/or September, October, November? Thank you once again. 

No I don't have the dates I only asked about the July class. You may be in the July class since you're in the low 500's and I'm assuming you took your DT already? When I spoke to her she told me to remind her that I want to be in that class because she has to reach alot of people

1 hour ago, Jchambers2120 said:

No I don't have the dates I only asked about the July class. You may be in the July class since you're in the low 500's and I'm assuming you took your DT already? When I spoke to her she told me to remind her that I want to be in that class because she has to reach alot of people

I don't know what does DT means. I went in and gave urine and took the 21 page booklet home. They told me that when they call me to bring it in filled out.

On 5/20/2018 at 2:20 PM, Mr Marta said:

Call 180 Livingston street ‭(347) 643-8229‬

and/or ask for Ms.Vargas she is the person in charge of hiring the train conductors

I got my pre-employment letter on Monday and my list # was 1256. So you should het soon