Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

5 hours ago, Jay0989 said:

Hello all. I am list around list #1300 and have my pre-employment meeting this Friday. If things go well, how long can I expect to get the medical and be hired? A month or a few months?

When did you take the OPA? I’m 1300 something and haven’t received a letter for preemployment yet. I only took the opa in April though. 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ENY487 said:

When did you take the OPA? I’m 1300 something and haven’t received a letter for preemployment yet. I only took the opa in April though. 

2 hours ago, 123melvin said:

I am 1256 and I got mine on Monday to report Thursday the 24th 

I took the OPA I believe in October 

5 hours ago, Bmpo7 said:

Have you tried calling them to see if maybe your letter in the mail got lost?

I tried calling them today but was told the list # was up to 342. I told them that I realized that and I wasn't asking if I was in the next class but wanted to know if a pre-employment letter was sent my way because I am in the low 1400's and I live in a spot where my mail service is very suspect. He just kept repeating no the list is up to 342... I'll try again tomorrow and hope to get someone more helpful.

9 minutes ago, Yawgmoth13 said:

I tried calling them today but was told the list # was up to 342. I told them that I realized that and I wasn't asking if I was in the next class but wanted to know if a pre-employment letter was sent my way because I am in the low 1400's and I live in a spot where my mail service is very suspect. He just kept repeating no the list is up to 342... I'll try again tomorrow and hope to get someone more helpful.

I called Monday and was told the same thing, that the list is up to 342. I don't understand how the list is up to that number when there is people in the 400 range getting called.

14 minutes ago, Yawgmoth13 said:

Some of them tend to just say anything to rush you off the phone. Try calling Ms Vargas tomorrow and explain your situation. She's in control of hiring C/R's and she's very helpful.

Her number is 347-643-8218

1 minute ago, Jchambers2120 said:

Some of them tend to just say anything to rush you off the phone. Try calling Ms Vargas tomorrow and explain your situation. She's in control of hiring C/R's and she's very helpful.

Her number is 347-643-8218

Yes I tried that number a few times during the day but couldn't get through. It's tough for me to continue trying I cannot be on my phone all day at work. Thank you though :)

37 minutes ago, Physcoles said:

Is there another number to call HR? I tried calling Ms Vargas, but have not been able to get in touch with her 

She’s very hard to get intouch with but you have to try continuously. It took me 14 tries yesterday before i got intouch with her. You have to keep calling like a stalking ex , like every 5 mins.Once you get intouch with her, she’s very helpful.

10 hours ago, Yawgmoth13 said:

Man I had the SAME exact issue when my preemployment letter got lost in the mail (list number 7xx). Had a guy (assuming the same one) telling me the same exact thing over and over again, when I wasn't talking about last list number appointment. Eventually he got annoyed with me and transferred me to Michelle Rivera-Vargas, and she was able to help me and tell me my letter got lost in the mail. Made me realize that there are people there (like that guy) just saying anything to get you off the phone. I would not take any answer from anyone who isn't Michelle Rivera-Vargas, she is very helpful. 

UPDATE GUYS: I just left 180 Livingston street I ask the lady when are the next classes she said June 4th.....July 10th and September (I’m not sure of the date because people were talking)..so basically if you are the folks that got a PE LETTER within this week and everything is done quickly you will be in the June 4th class if not then it will be the July 10th class

Just now, Mr Marta said:

UPDATE GUYS: I just left 180 Livingston street I ask the lady when are the next classes she said June 4th.....July 10th and September (I’m not sure of the date because people were talking)..so basically if you are the folks that got a PE LETTER within this week and everything is done quickly you will be in the June 4th class if not then it will be the July 10th class

Awesome, thanks for the update. Would've thought the June 4 class was already filled with how fast they're moving. 

1 minute ago, Mr Marta said:

Thanks for the update! What about us who already did Pre Employment back in April and are just waiting for medical ? Is it still a possibility that we get to go for the June 4 class ?

1 hour ago, Mr Marta said:

Hey I just left pre employment and was told there are no classes scheduled after July as of yet...is there a number I can call to confirm this? 

On 5/22/2018 at 11:35 PM, Schecter said:

I'm gonna assume probably 6 months like the other people waited but take this with a grain of salt because I could be wrong. What I could say is try emailing exams and see what they say.

Do you receive a score for the opa? Or is it just pass/fail? I take it next Sunday? What should I expect? Thanks in advance for those who respond. 

1 hour ago, Sally08 said:

Hey I just left pre employment and was told there are no classes scheduled after July as of yet...is there a number I can call to confirm this? 

I am still here waiting in lab. I was the only guy to admit I had a parking ticket pending. I also could not hear what the lady said. To many people talking